Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr. Strange vs. Godzilla Earth

616 Classic Strange

Vs

Godzilla Earth and Ghidorah

Fight near a mountain range
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

We're talking about the Anime, right?

This takes Strange a little bit to buff up his shields (to the 'ignore Godzilla's nuclear breath' level) and figure out a way to deal with Godzilla's shield (which likely doesn't protect against attacks against his spirit or that kind of thing), but that's all. Ghidorah? Immaterial monster from a 'higher' dimension? That's like...workout Tuesday.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Classic Strange wrecks them both no trouble.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    We're talking about the Anime, right?

This takes Strange a little bit to buff up his shields (to the 'ignore Godzilla's nuclear breath' level) and figure out a way to deal with Godzilla's shield (which likely doesn't protect against attacks against his spirit or that kind of thing), but that's all. Ghidorah? Immaterial monster from a 'higher' dimension? That's like...workout Tuesday.
    Doc just sends him to visit Dormmamu. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Doc just sends him to visit Dormmamu. Game over.
    Then Strange has to deal with Dormammu, who's pissed off at Strange for sending Ghidorah and Godzilla to him... Or he turns them into his personal attack dogs to use against his enemies.

So either way, doing that will make things far worse for Strange.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

Can't he destroy the planet and if the kaiju survive, they will be just flapping around in space?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Can't he destroy the planet and if the kaiju survive, they will be just flapping around in space?
    Ghidorah wouldn't mind such a thing.

Also worth noting is that Ghidorah can super specifically ignore protective auto shielding and kill people by attacking their shadows etc.

Even Strange prooobably doesn't want to mess with that on shields alone.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Also worth noting is that Ghidorah can super specifically ignore protective auto shielding and kill people by attacking their shadows etc.

Perhaps not on baseline shields, but I'm reasonably sure Strange can protect himself from the sort of extra-dimensional esoterics that bypassed the purely physical shields of Zilla. Sharp is right-- this really feels like a Tuesday for him.

How big of an area can his Crimson Bands cover? He shielded himself from a super nova with them, so if he can make them big enough I expect he could probably just immobilize both Kaiju for the win. Even Ghidorah might go down to them, since they can target astral forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Perhaps not on baseline shields, but I'm reasonably sure Strange can protect himself from the sort of extra-dimensional esoterics that bypassed the purely physical shields of Zilla. Sharp is right-- this really feels like a Tuesday for him.

How big of an area can his Crimson Bands cover? He shielded himself from a super nova with them, so if he can make them big enough I expect he could probably just immobilize both Kaiju for the win. Even Ghidorah might go down to them, since they can target astral forms.
    Yeah, I was thinking his base shields.

Dormammu has the biggest (literally) showing of the Bands methinks. He was giant sized and tossing them all over the place. I dont think Strange has cast that large, but it's hardly his only option.
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

No, it isn't. I suspect his best option is to simply hide and then attack them remotely, probably by zapping them in the soul. Dude has won mental duels with freaking Moondragon, I think he can probably handle a couple beasts with no mental resistance feats.

I am somewhat iffy on that working against shields that are made to defend against all manner of magical and spiritual attacks.

But assuming he CAN go after Strange through his autoshields, Ghidorah is plenty slow at attacking in the anime, giving Strange plenty of time to have a look (or get out of the way) and say 'Hm, extra-dimensional, eh? Time for a different kind of shielding'. I don't see him having a problem with that.

Yeah, I was thinking his base shields.

Dormammu has the biggest (literally) showing of the Bands methinks. He was giant sized and tossing them all over the place. I dont think Strange has cast that large, but it's hardly his only option.
    The Dorm wasn't giant-sized except in ego when he covered Manhattan with them. In fact, he was weaker than normal. People far, far less than Classic Strange have covered his entire mansion in the Crimson Bands. I really don't see him having a problem wrapping up one of these two in them, but really? He doesn't need them. He has other stuff that'll work against them.

No, it isn't. I suspect his best option is to simply hide and then attack them remotely, probably by zapping them in the soul. Dude has won mental duels with freaking Moondragon, I think he can probably handle a couple beasts with no mental resistance feats.
    He could do that, absolutely.

I don't personally feel he needs to, mind.

Strange does stuff like 'Use Eye to find weak point in planet, then go in Astral Form (which is explicitly weaker, magic-wise, than his normal form) to that weak point, zap it not with 'attack' incantations but gang-sign bolts of bedevilment, and make the planet blow up.'

When tired from magically working his ass off, in a two-page prelude to an important story (ie, this was Tuesday for him), he obliterated an entire island (ie, somewhat large Pacific Island) and the Cthuloid creature on it by zapping it (incantation, but kablooie, it's done).

He plays around with Black Holes. He makes stars explode by screwing around with their chemistry. He knocks Thanos on his rear by gang-signing (no, doesn't necessarily HURT him, but Warlock asks Strange to separate Thanos and Drax, and Doc says 'Sure' *zap* and it's done with both of them ending up sitting on the ground -- let's consider this, Warlock is there, there are other people in the room, and Warlock's goto is Strange).

What is stopping him from simply atomizing Godzilla, whose EM shielding has never been shown to take the kind of power Strange can dish out once he really gets going? Or using an incantation to Munnopur to shatter those shields? Etc.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-29-2019 at 05:23 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Oh, Godzilla is super duper screwed. I had no expectations of him causing Strange trouble beyond being a (very) big meat shield for Ghidorah to maybe do something. Strange could probably just blow the guy to meat chunks if given a moment to jazz hands
    - big_adventure

That's the situation as I see it, as well.

Which means that Ghidorah is also pretty screwed. Basically, Ghidorah needs to get his massive teeth into Strange's extremely fragile body before Stephen does...anything, basically. This assumes Ghidorah will actually move considerably faster than is shown in the movie (I mean, we're talking about a full manifestation, not that shadow-murder-thing that happened during the summoning ritual, right?), his attacks won't be stopped by Strange's autoshields, and Strange doesn't have a chance to react. Or get out of the way, flying at rather high speed thanks to the Cloak/his own magic.

I'm none-too-sanguine on that; it seems a great deal of gimmes to grant him.

And the ritual startup, involving people getting killed through their shadows (which did involve some odd visual cues)? Strange has a way of noticing this kind of thing as it's happening, both due to his mystic senses and a crapton of experience dealing with mystical weirdness, and that's assuming that this insta-death-to-normal-humans attack gets through his mystical shields. ^_^

If Ghidorah CAN'T waste Stephen at the outset (and I don't personally think he can)...put a fork in him, he's done.
    Why are we here?

I was thinking a full manifestation, yeah.

The fastest we see him move is... I think in space as he rushes by the colony ship? He circles the thing and so on iirc and is certainly quick in a straight line - but it's a pretty linear sort of thing.

Im pretty much in agreement with you here ^_^
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

I've missed Ghidorah as mystical. Is that in the anime? I don't want to subscribe to some service just to see that. Is it on some one-shot pay for view?