Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Eh, I don't think it stems solely from the "Chosen One" status. Cassie was acknowledged and named as the second Chosen One in MK11 and that was because she had the Emerald Light aka an ancient energy force that from her Cage lineage that allowed her to kill immortals and Gods. Whereas, if you take Cetrion's arcade intro to heart, Liu Kang is apparently related to Onaga. Just saying that that the two of them were named Chosen Ones for specific reasons besides deus ex machina.
    Also given the fact it took two magic users, who were not Gods and were not power jacked ( no soulnado yet I thought) was what it took to “kill the chosen one.”

So yeah the Chosen One crap is just not cutting it, the MK Gods are dirt tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    She may sound impressive with her command over time but Fire God Liu Kang is completely immune to it. Maybe it has something to do with him being "The Chosen One" but I imagine there are quite a few in both universes that can shrug off her effects. Plus she gets killed rather easily. (Relatively speaking. Gamewise, the fight is annoying AF)
    The explanation is given in the game; Mortal Kombat gods aren't affected by time the same way as mortals, which is also why Past Raiden replaced Present Raiden instead of being a twin like everyone else.

So to shrug it off you need feats of shrugging off a timestop or a time rewind.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...Yeah, MK gods continue to be not exactly be impressive compared to most fictional gods. I mean they are strong but really, their best stuff requires prep and it's...kinda impressive but not exactly?

I mean Bi-Han beats up 4 elemental gods and stole Shinnok's amulet right at the guy's chest before hightailing it...Then dies at Scorpion's hand. Never mind original timeline Liu Kang winning 4 mortal kombat conflicts only to die from two guys...What.

Really, consistency in MK is laughable.
    Liu Kang being a glass cannon who can punch way above his expected weight class but goes down the moment someone powerful actually hits him is like, the one consistent thing in Mortal Kombat. It's shown off in every game that actually has him fight in cutscenes.

Elemental gods have never appeared aside from then so they can't be inconsistent.

If you want inconsistent you compare Shao Kahn in 9 literally laughing off an Elder Gods-empowered Raiden's blast and Shao Kahn in 11 struggling against Kotal Kahn and then dying to Kitana.

Apparently Kronika summoned Diet Shao Kahn or something, which I suppose would also explain why he's so ugly in 11.
    Last edited by Siriel; 04-25-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Apparently Kronika summoned Diet Shao Kahn or something, which I suppose would also explain why he's so ugly in 11.
    Shao Kahn't

Thank you good night.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

may the elder gods protect you..... wait never mind.

So is this new MK a story reboot like MK9 masterfully was? I’m seriously getting confused by all this time manipulation stuff

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The explanation is given in the game; Mortal Kombat gods aren't affected by time the same way as mortals, which is also why Past Raiden replaced Present Raiden instead of being a twin like everyone else.

So to shrug it off you need feats of shrugging off a timestop or a time rewind.

Liu Kang being a glass cannon who can punch way above his expected weight class but goes down the moment someone powerful actually hits him is like, the one consistent thing in Mortal Kombat. It's shown off in every game that actually has him fight in cutscenes.

Elemental gods have never appeared aside from then so they can't be inconsistent.

If you want inconsistent you compare Shao Kahn in 9 literally laughing off an Elder Gods-empowered Raiden's blast and Shao Kahn in 11 struggling against Kotal Kahn and then dying to Kitana.

...yeah, good point.

Kronika probably didn't want none of Full Shao Kahn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    So is this new MK a story reboot like MK9 masterfully was? I’m seriously getting confused by all this time manipulation stuff
    In the new game, the time Goddess bitch tries to fiddle with time. Shevattempts revioting, good guys try to stop her.

Also it is revealed MK apparently has had shifting time lines since forever, just addressed now.

Translation : they’ll keep telling the same story over and over again from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Translation : they’ll keep telling the same story over and over again from now on
    Yep they are reallybwriting themselves into s corner now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

My understanding is that Kotal and Kitana were able to do that because they challenged Shao to Mortal Kombat. It's more than just a name it's a fundamental property of their universe that if you challenge a deity to Mortal Kombat and the deity accepts they lose much of their power and immortality. Shao could have refused and just obliterated them both but he has a twisted honor code of sorts and considered refusing cowardly. By contrast when he fought Raiden in 9 it was just a fight with no terms and and hence he had his full divine power and immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Cetrion was the strongest Eldar God and was evil?! Da fuck?! That is said daughter who tried empowering her mom.

Yeah, the cosmology Of deities in MK is pitifully low now. Like seriously.

Seriously, they are like the new Bane/Croc/Baleman now.
    To be fair, Cetrion wasn't evil. She clearly was reluctant to do what she did, but her loyalty/love for her mom overrode her hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    My understanding is that Kotal and Kitana were able to do that because they challenged Shao to Mortal Kombat. It's more than just a name it's a fundamental property of their universe that if you challenge a deity to Mortal Kombat and the deity accepts they lose much of their power and immortality. Shao could have refused and just obliterated them both but he has a twisted honor code of sorts and considered refusing cowardly. By contrast when he fought Raiden in 9 it was just a fight with no terms and and hence he had his full divine power and immortality.
    Normally your right but Kahn in 11 was “past” Kahn and in current time line was not of the Throne. That’s what makes him mortal.

In 9 he did shengians to make himself Emperor of Earth/Outworld hence power boost ( which was 3 too.$

Though yeah the whole mortal Kombat thing seems to give people a legit chance to fight anyone. Makes sense for death matches, but throws everything else in a loop.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    To be fair, Cetrion wasn't evil. She clearly was reluctant to do what she did, but her loyalty/love for her mom overrode her hesitation.
    Exactly. That's why she's my favourite of the new characters. I hope we see more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Normally your right but Kahn in 11 was “past” Kahn and in current time line was not of the Throne. That’s what makes him mortal.

In 9 he did shengians to make himself Emperor of Earth/Outworld hence power boost ( which was 3 too.$

Though yeah the whole mortal Kombat thing seems to give people a legit chance to fight anyone. Makes sense for death matches, but throws everything else in a loop.
    Wasn't it stated in Deception (Konquest mode) that Kahn and Raiden are of the same species? I say that because Kahn was allegedly chosen to be Outworld's "protector god", something I have never seen in ANY game.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    Wasn't it stated in Deception (Konquest mode) that Kahn and Raiden are of the same species? I say that because Kahn was allegedly chosen to be Outworld's "protector god", something I have never seen in ANY game.
    I wouldn't say same species. Just the same supposed line of work. Deception does explain that Shao Kahn was an advisor to Onaga, maybe like the way Raiden guides his champions mainly Liu Kang. Though nothing really indicates he's exactly like Raiden as he sure as hell doesn't let the Elder Gods be his boss.