Default Rate it: Iron Man by Dan Slott

Best run since Fraction/Larroca, and I think it'll end up being better. True innovation from both the writing and the art the way the character would innovate with his work. A rich supporting cast, an actual interesting antagonist for the book (it's been yeeeeaaaars), and great characterization. The on-point continuity is very nice, too. And Schiti is just a god. So perfect for this job and will def go down as one of the best artists for the book. It's like the format of those CW DC shows done in the best possible way. It's probably my favorite current Marvel book.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Best run since the Knaufs. Really interesting ideas, a cool yet complex Tony Stark, a nice blend of humor and drama, just outstanding.

An A for me so far. The only bad thing I can say is that the book has been late. That's it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Pretty good, B+ for me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

I liked the concept initially but I'm starting to get bored honestly.

I think I'll let it pile up and read it as a trade later.

BANNED

Did it get much better after the 5th issue or what ? Because I stopped there and found it pretty meh, and all that stuff about robot rights was just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Did it get much better after the 5th issue or what ? Because I stopped there and found it pretty meh, and all that stuff about robot rights was just ridiculous.
    This new storyline is really really good. It's about the controller using everyone in eScape to believe they are still playing the virtual game, but are killing people in really life and they found out that Tony has been in a room with Howard and Maria and he has been drinking digitally. You should pick up issues 6, 7, and 8. It's really picking up with the new issue coming out tomorrow.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

still haven’t picked em yet. I am, however, interested in reading everyone else’s opinion.

It has been great so far. Slott's stories have been really interesting, his characterization has been great and I love the way he has has been writing Tony and Rhodey
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

iMan 42s

Seeing as the run isn't quite over yet and I'm reluctant to call many things perfect, I'm going to go with B-.

It's better than Bendis, there's been better Iron man though. And for the love of Khonshu can they actually use the appropriate suit already?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    An A for me so far. The only bad thing I can say is that the book has been late. That's it.
    I echo this exactly

BANNED

Way too early to give it a grade. All I can say is that it's been very good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    And for the love of Khonshu can they actually use the appropriate suit already?
    I know right. They did in the first 2 issues. I don't know what the problem is.

It’s been a pretty decent run though not without its flaws of course. Not really a fan of his use of Jocasta with her endlessly going on about being an advocate for AI beings to the degree of putting Friday into an android body thus defeating the purpose of her existence while massively downgrading her effectiveness. Though at the same time, her personal narrative of wanting to be human is an interesting one.

Not a fan of them having Rhodey trade the War Machine armor for that mecha that he’s using now as it just feels kinda ridiculous next to everyone every time he’s out in action with the other heroes. I’m hoping that it’s a part of a PTSD sub-plot that is explored eventually and not his status quo for the foreseeable future.

I’m also wondering why lately they’ve been phasing Pepper out of Tony’s supporting cast to the degree that we’ve seen her only a handful of times since post-Secret Wars. We’ve still got no actual answers as to why she’s drifted off from Tony’s supporting cast.

And finally, while it was a nice exploration of Tony after rebooting himself, I feel the latest arc has dragged on a bit too long and could benefit from being 1-2 issues shorter.