Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rate it: Justice League by Snyder

I freaking love it. I'm a lover of all things cosmics, and his run is giving me that in troves. Today's issue is particularly stellar, I really like how it manages to both rewrite the history of the DC Multiverse and its most important denizens without altering whatever happened before in publication's time. That's amazing.

BANNED

2 out of 10 one of the worst I think I miss Geoff on justice league
    Last edited by LP22; 04-17-2019 at 04:08 AM.

Mighty Member

It's absolutely fantastic, particularly this current arc, which might be one of my favorite Justice League arcs ever.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I love it, I have my criticisms but it has some really great highs and very few lows. When it's hitting it's stride, on a high I'd say a strong to high 9/10 (some 10/10 moments) and on an average about a strong 7/10.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 04-17-2019 at 05:50 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

It would be a lot better if Snyder stopped trying to force epicness and let it come naturally. That being said I like the story.

Very low. Snyder is at his worst when he tries to throw a lot of grand concepts out there with no real direction. Did we ever find out what Lex’s doorknob was all about?

It's pretty poor, IMO.

He's trying to make a really complex dish but left out half the ingredients.

Terrible. Building off of how awful Metal was, he's coming off as desperate to be a "big thinker" writer along the lines of Morrison or Moore and it's amounting to little more than cosmic thumb-twiddling. I like that he brought the Will Payton Starman back but that's probably the only real positive I can say.

What's funny is that when I saw title of the thread I thought it was going to be about ZACK Snyder's Justice League, which might be the only one I enjoy even less than this.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

The consensus seems to be you either love or hate Snyder's Justice League run. Similar to Tom King's Batman, Bendis's Superman and Young Justice, and to a lesser extent, Kelly Sue DeConnick's Aquaman, G Willow Wilson's Wonder Woman, and "Ric" Nightwing.

DC is publishing a lot of divisive material at this time.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 04-17-2019 at 09:49 AM.

I love it.

His Batman run was okay but left me sort of cold. Same for All-Star Batman. I like Batman Who Laughs pretty well but his JL is my favorite thing he's written for DC.

6.5/10? It's fun in a way I think Justice League should reach for- the blockbuster, widescreen style. Doesn't always land in the writing department, as to be expected from Snyder, but it's not the worst.

All-New Member

Jarro ! Best new Character !!!!!

Spectacular Member

I tried it, and i dropped it for 3 reason.
    1) i felt like even in the first arc he was overdoing it. It was like... too much.
    2) i can't take Luthor in this one, and he was going to stick so...
    3) it dosen't feel like Justice League. It feels like Countdown to Doom war/Metal 2.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    I tried it, and i dropped it for 3 reason.
    1) i felt like even in the first arc he was overdoing it. It was like... too much.
    2) i can't take Luthor in this one, and he was going to stick so...
    3) it dosen't feel like Justice League. It feels like Countdown to Doom war/Metal 2.
    'Countdown to Doom' Now that has a ring to it!

I posted above that I've loved the run so far and that's mostly true. I'd previously thought Drowned Earth was a low point and was only 'okay.' I found today's issue to be dead boring though. I usually like Tynion's writing but the latest issue felt like an exposition dump with a bunch of sci-fi mumbo jumbo in place of any actual exposition. And I'm agnostic on Manapul so the art wasn't a draw for me either. Here's hoping it gets back on track with the next one.