Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

I wonder when they'll come up with the brilliant idea that maybe Ronin should be Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Matt Rosenburg/Otto Schimdt are on a new Hawkeye Series, shocked this wasn't announced at NYCC.

I'm here for it, hell to the fuckin' yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Rosenberg on a Hawkeye series after his Tales of Suspense is great news. He's mentioned on Twitter that Bucky will show up, which is exciting for me because that mini series was damn near perfect.
    Preach!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    what did we do to deserve this punishment
    If this is punishment, consider me a god damn masochist. \m/

Boys and gals, I'm super stoked for this.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

So pumped. Couldn't have picked a better writer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I wonder when they'll come up with the brilliant idea that maybe Ronin should be Japanese.
    Stop making sense....

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Matt Rosenburg/Otto Schimdt are on a new Hawkeye Series, shocked this wasn't announced at NYCC.

Cool. Looking forward to it a lot.
    When is this out? December?

Edit: nevermind, I've found it. January.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-15-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Rosenberg on a Hawkeye series after his Tales of Suspense is great news. He's mentioned on Twitter that Bucky will show up, which is exciting for me because that mini series was damn near perfect.
    Better Bucky then Kate in my book.

I love Kate, but having her show up in a Hawkeye book is always going to harken back to the Fraction/Aja days and that's a tough ghost to live up to. Based on the fact that they've done away with the Aja logo for Hawkeye, I'm guessing they're looking to stop harkening back to that era.

I love Kate, but having her show up in a Hawkeye book is always going to harken back to the Fraction/Aja days and that's a tough ghost to live up to. Based on the fact that they've done away with the Aja logo for Hawkeye, I'm guessing they're looking to stop harkening back to that era.
    I like Kate but I am really kind of over her and Clint together as a duo. I feel like it does more for her then it does for Clint.

Maybe it's also just because I don't have a lot of nolstagia for Fraction/Aja Clint anymore. I'm so over the suit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like Kate but I am really kind of over her and Clint together as a duo. I feel like it does more for her then it does for Clint.

Maybe it's also just because I don't have a lot of nolstagia for Fraction/Aja Clint anymore. I'm so over the suit too.
    To be fair, the suit comes from Age of Ultron. I do feel like writers post-Fraction have been less interested in exploring Clint as a character when he’s around Kate in favor of just playing the comic relief angle, but I think Fraction explores what the pairing did for Clint just as much as for Kate. It was a pretty introspective take on Clint all things considered.

it is a great injustice that we've only feasted on table scraps of nick spencer clint/kate
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

To be fair, the suit comes from Age of Ultron. I do feel like writers post-Fraction have been less interested in exploring Clint as a character when he’s around Kate in favor of just playing the comic relief angle, but I think Fraction explores what the pairing did for Clint just as much as for Kate. It was a pretty introspective take on Clint all things considered.
    I get where the suit comes from (the movies of course), but the Fraction run made it his look, and I'm just really over it.

Looking back, Fraction Clint just didn't really feel like Clint to me. It felt like it reset his character a lot and he's only slowly recovering from it. But being around Kate doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get where the suit comes from (the movies of course), but the Fraction run made it his look, and I'm just really over it.

Looking back, Fraction Clint just didn't really feel like Clint to me. It felt like it reset his character a lot and he's only slowly recovering from it. But being around Kate doesn't help.
    I would mind Clint getting a new costume with a little more flare, but I’m not sure I would be feeling a full return to the classic look. He could use a costume that’s more than a shirt and colored sunglasses.

Fraction’s Clint felt like an evolution of the Clint I’d been reading about in the years prior, but that was mostly Bendis’ Clint I was used to at the time, so YMMV.

Now all he needs is a real costume and a mask.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully Clint can finally get to wear his classic costume in the Disney Plus series.
    I'd be all for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I know everyone always talks about his relationship with Nat, but I love Clint and Wanda's relationship at MCU
    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Agreed! Always liked that one.

That one they really could not have done in the Comics with him having had a crush of her and everything.
    Yeah! To me, it is fine that the MCU Wanda and Clint have that sort of relationship in the Marvel Cinematic Universe but leave the comicbook character Clint having had a crush on the comicbook character Wanda, intact!