Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Not untrue. Between Secret Empire and Civil War 2 we got wildly different takes over the last few years.
    I would also argue there's been more consistency with Kate over the last few years compared to Clint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a random grouping for a team-up .

Curious who the "voices" will be.

Status quo is always hard, very hard to beat, but you just need a story impactful enough to change it (usually after some stale period). Look at how Fraction's take changed Clint, for example. For better or worse, it can change. Right now, he's once again in a stale place: he just needs a new impacting story with a new retake to change him (like, back to something like he was in the T-bolts, for example). Even Batman's depiction has changed across his history, and he has had plenty of very memorable stories that set his characterizations for years and years. Or, well, this is just my opinion.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-23-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Intriguing but I doubt I'll actually end up subscribing just for that.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Cover for issue #1.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

These covers are so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    These covers are so awesome.
    Just imagine how awesome they would be if Clint could y'know...WEAR A COSTUME LIKE AN ACTUAL SUPERHERO.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just imagine how awesome they would be if Clint could y'know...WEAR A COSTUME LIKE AN ACTUAL SUPERHERO.
    I have no issues with the way it's drawn on that cover. If it's tactical like that.. awesome. If it's just a t-shirt and pants, then I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

Cover for issue #1.
    I forget how cool the Ronin suit looks.
    I have no issues with the way it's drawn on that cover. If it's tactical like that.. awesome. If it's just a t-shirt and pants, then I agree with you.
    I don't really think of Clint with a tactical look, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really think of Clint with a tactical look, though.
    That's fine. I enjoy it and think it fits him well.

Yeah, when it looks how I like to call it, Nightwing style, then it's not nearly as bad.
    The t-shirt and jeans look was originally not intended to be the combat gear at all but was quickly adapted for it.

Now if the gear shown on this cover was more purple or blue and they'd throw a mask on it I'd be one happy camper.

My Twitter

I wish it looked as cool as Nightwing's costume (in my own opinion) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish it looked as cool as Nightwing's costume (in my own opinion) .
    Tons of similarities between them. And I love Nightwing's costume.

Tons of similarities between them. And I love Nightwing's costume.
    I have to agree. They share even a questionable fashion sense. I mean, Clint's costumes are... er... At this point, I think that giving him a more tuned-with-the-times but also flashy-ish costume is a real challenge. I wish we ere as licky as Nightwing's fans and got an actual costume that would make him shine with his rather acrobatic performance and cool archer poses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I have to agree. They share even a questionable fashion sense. I mean, Clint's costumes are... er... At this point, I think that giving him a more tuned-with-the-times but also flashy-ish costume is a real challenge. I wish we ere as licky as Nightwing's fans and got an actual costume that would make him shine with his rather acrobatic performance and cool archer poses.
    Yeah Nightwing's costumes (both red and blue) are some of my favorites in comics. A blend between Clint's classic flashy look and the more combat/tactical look would be perfect.