Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Avengers #65 Jun 1964
    Partial origin of Hawkeye aka Clint Barton

Flashback cameos by Barney Barton and the Swordsman.

Script by Roy Thomas. Pencils by Gene Colan. Inks by Sam Grainger.

Incredible Member

I want to see that in the Hawkeye Disney+ show.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That was the height of my Clint fandom.
    Me too. Both the Busiek run & the Nicieza run on Thunderbolts were certainly a great showcase for Hawkeye's craftiness and capabilities as an experienced field-leader.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-15-2019 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's because of the ronin stuff. he gave up his brand.
    xD

Sure mate, whatever you say.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I won't get into my opinion on what the MCU did to Clint as a whole, nor in Endgame specifically, 'cause believe me y'all don't want that rant. But I am very intrigued by that Black Widow cover (I dropped the last series after two issues, just wasn't for me), and was very displeased by that Avengers game trailer. To include 5 out of 6 of the original MCU Avengers looking very much like their 2012 counterparts (I mean Bruce is wearing the exact same clothes from the movie), but not Clint made his absence stick out like a swore thumb. If they wanted this to be a completely different universe, why not pick a completely different team? or at least swap out 2-3 of the MCU A6 and add in some different ones? Then nobody would have minded that he was missing.

Mighty Member

Clint and Kate's current costume looks or lack of costume's are ugly. I'd like Clint and Kate to get a better costume instead of those dumb shades.

Happy birthday, Clint!

Apparently, Matt Fraction decided on June 18 as Clint's birthday (and put it into an issue of his Hawkeye run) as an homage to Mark Gruenwald, who wrote the first Hawkeye solo:

http://mattfraction.com/post/4740416...the-best-thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I won't get into my opinion on what the MCU did to Clint as a whole, nor in Endgame specifically, 'cause believe me y'all don't want that rant. But I am very intrigued by that Black Widow cover (I dropped the last series after two issues, just wasn't for me), and was very displeased by that Avengers game trailer. To include 5 out of 6 of the original MCU Avengers looking very much like their 2012 counterparts (I mean Bruce is wearing the exact same clothes from the movie), but not Clint made his absence stick out like a swore thumb. If they wanted this to be a completely different universe, why not pick a completely different team? or at least swap out 2-3 of the MCU A6 and add in some different ones? Then nobody would have minded that he was missing.
    I mean I still would have minded his absence but I'd certainly be more understanding, hahaha.

Agreed on the Widow book. There's a reason Punisher books don't find their way in my collection and dumbing down Nat to his level doesn't sit well with me.

I actually didn't realize that picture that was posted the other day was a cover of an upcoming story because that sounds intriguing, especially with the lack of Clint content.

Either way: I'd actually be interested in that rant since we often see eye to eye yet I enjoyed his part in Endgame.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Happy birthday, Clint!

Apparently, Matt Fraction decided on June 18 as Clint's birthday (and put it into an issue of his Hawkeye run) as an homage to Mark Gruenwald, who wrote the first Hawkeye solo:

http://mattfraction.com/post/4740416...the-best-thing
    Happy Birthday .
    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Clint and Kate's current costume looks or lack of costume's are ugly. I'd like Clint and Kate to get a better costume instead of those dumb shades.
    I think Kate is fine and fits her better then Clint's current one does...as far as Superhero Clint goes.

(I really don't like the shades).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy Birthday .

I think Kate is fine and fits her better then Clint's current one does...as far as Superhero Clint goes.

(I really don't like the shades).
    Kate actually looked much cooler with shades than hipholes.

Other than with Clint, were I don't approve but "get" why they changed it, I never understood why Kate wasn't allowed to continue looking like a badass.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 06-19-2019 at 01:03 AM.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Kate actually looked much cooler with shades than hipholes.

Other than with Clint, were I don't approve but "get" why they changed it, I never understood why Kate wasn't allowed to continue looking like a badass.
    I think Kate definitely rocks the shades better. I can't see her without hipholes now though .

I think Kate definitely rocks the shades better. I can't see her without hipholes now though .
    No?

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    No?
    I mean, I loved that costume but that's not Kate's "image" anymore.

Granted, I guess neither is Clint's "classic" look...

Some trivia about Kate's current looks.

It's been a little while, and I may be remembering wrong, but David Aja seemed a bit surprised about how strongly the hole-in-hips clothing stuck, when he was once asked in an event here. It was just some fashionable clothing that was also a nod to other older, british avengers. I mean, when I was reading Faction's run, I immediately thought of Emma Peel. It fitted the style on that book, too, because it had a 60's feel at times.

Fair point, fair point.

My Twitter