Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Have to imagine something will be coming when the Disney + show releases.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Have to imagine something will be coming when the Disney + show releases.
    A relaunched Hawkeye book with Clint and Kate I guess (probably a mini though?).

I'm kind of over that pairing a little, but I guess I'll take what I can get...

The only complaint I have about West Coast Avengers is that it ended.

I liked seeing Clint as the mentor who actually gets **** done rather than the "mentor" who gets outdone by the other Hawkeye every five minutes.

Speaking of that, I'm not reading the main avengers book. Did the story feat both Hawkeyes and those Zombie-like people who repeated Clint's name over and over ever ever continue?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The only complaint I have about West Coast Avengers is that it ended.

I liked seeing Clint as the mentor who actually gets **** done rather than the "mentor" who gets outdone by the other Hawkeye every five minutes.

Speaking of that, I'm not reading the main avengers book. Did the story feat both Hawkeyes and those Zombie-like people who repeated Clint's name over and over ever ever continue?
    That was definitely an improvement from that but he didn't really feel like a mentor to me from what I've read. Just an old dude stuck with a bunch of kids, although his and Kate's dynamic was solid.

They really need to break Hawkeye away again and have him do something of his own without Kate around.

You know what? I have an idea!

After remembering that episode of Young Justice called Private Security, what if they made a series where Clint gets a grant or some kind of money, and then opens a private security firm? In this series, he alongside some other superheroes who aren't being used at the moment (like Ant-Man/Scott Lang, Falcon and Mockingbird) guard precious cargo from NYC, which takes them to different places in the country or even the world, as they protect stuff from supervillains. It could tie into the Avengers, them being an adjacent company, and you could have guest appearances from other superheroes every now and then.

Call it Hawkeye Incorporated.

That episode was so fun, we need more stuff like it in this world. It's better than him being "Hawkguy" who's made out to be the inferior holder of the title to Kate. As much as I like Fraction's run, it's kinda soiled for leading into that trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was definitely an improvement from that but he didn't really feel like a mentor to me from what I've read. Just an old dude stuck with a bunch of kids, although his and Kate's dynamic was solid.
    Well I might have been reading somewhat between the lines and included comments from Thompson in interviews as well in my judgement there.

I too would like Clint do something on his own again but when he's stuck with Kate I at least like the author to know what they are doing rather than doing the whole KaTe'S bEtTeR, lol ****.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

BANNED

West Coast Avengers #1 Sep 1984
    "Avengers Assemble!"
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes are branching out! In Avengers 243,
    the Vision commissioned Hawkeye to form a new team on the west coast!

And fortunately for Clint Barton, several former avengers already live in California!
    But can the ace archer and Mockingbird convince them to join the new Pacific-based team?
    Wonder Man, Tigra and the new Iron Man aka Jim Rhodes promptly answer Hawkeye's call!

However so does someone else... shrouded in secrecy!
    NOTE: The west coast team appears next in Iron Man Annual #7.

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Bob Hall. Inks by Brett Breeding.

West Coast Avengers Hawkeye. Good times .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    West Coast Avengers Hawkeye. Good times .
    Agreed. Clint finally gets his chance to be the one in charge.

Matt Rosenburg/Otto Schimdt are on a new Hawkeye Series, shocked this wasn't announced at NYCC.

HAWKEYE: FREEFALL #1 (of 5)
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art by OTTO SCHMIDT
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    HAWKEYE RETURNS IN A BRAND NEW SERIES!
    When a mysterious and ruthless new Ronin starts tearing a destructive path through the city, suspicion immediately falls on Hawkeye, but Clint has more to worry about than who’s wearing his old costume. After a clash with the Hood ends badly, Hawkeye gives himself a new mission that will place him in the crosshairs of one of New York's most dangerous villains.
    Hawkeye's mission and Ronin's secret plans will set them on a collision course that only one of them will walk away from.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Matt Rosenburg/Otto Schimdt are on a new Hawkeye Series, shocked this wasn't announced at NYCC.

Dang, I thought we were getting Clint in his proper costume before I scrolled down .
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    HAWKEYE: FREEFALL #1 (of 5)
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art by OTTO SCHMIDT
    Cover by KIM JACINTO
    HAWKEYE RETURNS IN A BRAND NEW SERIES!
    When a mysterious and ruthless new Ronin starts tearing a destructive path through the city, suspicion immediately falls on Hawkeye, but Clint has more to worry about than who’s wearing his old costume. After a clash with the Hood ends badly, Hawkeye gives himself a new mission that will place him in the crosshairs of one of New York's most dangerous villains.
    Hawkeye's mission and Ronin's secret plans will set them on a collision course that only one of them will walk away from.
    I guess Ronin is in there for late movie synergy.

The Hood? Eh.

Otto Schmidt? I guess he has a thing for comic book archers .

I liked Rosenberg's Clint enough in Tales of Suspense, so I guess I'm interested to see what he does here. I'm glad the solicit doesn't mention Kate at all.

Heck, that's probably why this book uses a new logo. The old one is Kate's now, having been used on her solo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Rosenberg on a Hawkeye series after his Tales of Suspense is great news. He's mentioned on Twitter that Bucky will show up, which is exciting for me because that mini series was damn near perfect.

what did we do to deserve this punishment
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate