Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 245
  1. #196
    The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Marvel Studios
    Posts
    10,415

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    ..stop trying to have synergy with the movies.
    Movies are movies and comics should be comics.


    Hear! Hear!
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

  2. #197
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why? I mean it's bad enough they have some characters talking like the characters in the movies instead of being their own separate thing. Now you have to make Clint look like a clone of his movie counterpart as well? His look right now is boring. I wish writers would also stop trying to have synergy with the movies. Movies are movies and comics should be comics.
    Yeah, not to mention that look is even old by movie standards.

    I guess it just goes to show Hawkeye's value right now that there hasn't been a major push to give him a new costume.

    Maybe it's also deference to the Fraction/Aja run, I don't know.

  3. #198
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Why? I mean it's bad enough they have some characters talking like the characters in the movies instead of being their own separate thing. Now you have to make Clint look like a clone of his movie counterpart as well? His look right now is boring. I wish writers would also stop trying to have synergy with the movies. Movies are movies and comics should be comics.
    I don't disagree, especially about Clint (actually I'd be down with a more MCU-ish Natasha because maybe they won't tell the same story with her over and over then) but I don't see it happening.

    If anything I could see them giving him a new outfit altogether.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's also deference to the Fraction/Aja run, I don't know.
    That wasn't the first time he wore it though, was it?
    Last edited by Matternativ; 10-20-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

  4. #199
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    That wasn't the first time he wore it though, was it?
    I don't remember exactly when it debuted. Might have been Bendis' Avengers Assemble, come to think of it.

  5. #200
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Not Clint...but Clint related...literally...I want to see more of Barney at Trickshot.


  6. #201
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    197

    Default

    And like Barry with Wally over at DC, has Kate been pushed and Clint moved to the side in recent years or are they on equal footing as far as appearances? Marvel seems to be a little more generous with their characters than DC has

  7. #202
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,214

    Default

    It has been for years though that Hawkeye has been portrayed as an ineffectual loser who serves mainly as the butt of Kate’s obnoxious jokes that knock him in order to prop her up. Even his physique is diminished compared to what it used to be. He has been drawn to look wimpy with no muscle tone. They only brought back his iconic costume at the behest of Jim Zub who wrote him like his old self but that soon was buried and he went back to wearing the shirt and sunglasses. It really pisses me off seeing him portrayed as a pathetic sop rather than a wiseass who grew up in a circus. At this point the movie version acts more like him than he does in the comics.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  8. #203
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    And like Barry with Wally over at DC, has Kate been pushed and Clint moved to the side in recent years or are they on equal footing as far as appearances? Marvel seems to be a little more generous with their characters than DC has
    Clint is a main character in multiple events and gets more appearances in general.

  9. #204
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not Clint...but Clint related...literally...I want to see more of Barney at Trickshot.
    Have we seen Barney since Fraction had him get fat and live on an island?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  10. #205
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Have we seen Barney since Fraction had him get fat and live on an island?
    That wasn't Fraction, what are you on about? That was Lemire.

    All New Hawkeye was a travesty but I kinda liked what they did with Barney there, ngl.


    As for his physique.
    That's how he was drawn in New Avengers not too long ago and in Thompson's West Coast Avengers it was kinda a running Gag that his shirt got torn all the time and people commented on his sick bod, basically as far as I remember.

    So it's always down to the artist.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 10-21-2019 at 04:08 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

  11. #206
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Clint is a main character in multiple events and gets more appearances in general.
    Although I think it's debatable how good some of those appearances actually are with his current characterization in my opinion, and compared to how Kate comes off in her own guest appearances.

  12. #207
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't remember exactly when it debuted. Might have been Bendis' Avengers Assemble, come to think of it.
    It was Avengers Assemble #1, yeah. But it was designed by Bryan Hitch for Age of Ultron.

  13. #208
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It was Avengers Assemble #1, yeah. But it was designed by Bryan Hitch for Age of Ultron.
    Which isn't too surprising considering it was a riff on Ultimate Clint's costume.

  14. #209
    BAMF!!!!! KurtW95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which isn't too surprising considering it was a riff on Ultimate Clint's costume.
    As much crap as I used to give the Ultimate Universe, it feels like the Prime Universe really went to hell when it ended because creators had no other place left to do their experimental takes that can damage the character as well as movie synergy because Ultimate Hawkeye already kind of looked like that. Probably also would have been better if Fraction’s Hawkeye were an alternate universe story like DC Black because it was much more of an indie take and having it be a part of the main canon put the character in a place he hasn’t been able to escape from.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

  15. #210
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I think it's debatable how good some of those appearances actually are with his current characterization in my opinion, and compared to how Kate comes off in her own guest appearances.
    Not untrue. Between Secret Empire and Civil War 2 we got wildly different takes over the last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    As much crap as I used to give the Ultimate Universe, it feels like the Prime Universe really went to hell when it ended because creators had no other place left to do their experimental takes that can damage the character as well as movie synergy because Ultimate Hawkeye already kind of looked like that. Probably also would have been better if Fraction’s Hawkeye were an alternate universe story like DC Black because it was much more of an indie take and having it be a part of the main canon put the character in a place he hasn’t been able to escape from.
    I'd actually like that as an alternate Universe kinda deal, yeah.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •