Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 243
  1. #16
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd just like to see more writers remember him as the cocky and charming firebrand who loves being a hero and who stood up to Captain America, led his own Avengers team, and turned around a Supervillain team.

    Or pop in an Earth's Mightiest Heroes DVD and watch "Gamma World Pt. 2" or "Widow's Sting."
    Yes that would be the ideal way to go. I just think a bit of movie synergy is more likely than that.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

  2. #17
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Right, so I've seen Endgame a couple of days ago (hooray for living in Europe) and thought I might as well share my thoughts on Hawkeyes role in it...uhm Spoiler Warning (duh):

    spoilers:

    I liked the Ronin Stuff quite a bit actually. They suceeded in showing him as a Violent and vengeful Vigilante and the Disappearance of his Family was dramatic and heartbreaking enough to justify the whole angle.
    He even kept his sword for later when he was back to being Hawkeye. He did that before in the Comics, I believe it was either "The Reunion" or it's Continuation. here is hoping they add that as a weapon he brings out more often in the Comics now.
    Right, back to the Movie: The Russo's actually made me care for his family which is quite a big deal considering I disliked them in Age of Ultron.
    The way his relationship with Nat was portrayed is my favourite part however. Their Reunion Scene and her Sacrifice being standouts for sure.

    And one little scene that some maybe missed: Black Panther calls him by his name as Clint hands over the Infinity Gauntlet which is a nice call back to the scene in Civil War where he introduces himself and T_Challa simply responds: "I don't care."
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

  3. #18
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Right, so I've seen Endgame a couple of days ago (hooray for living in Europe) and thought I might as well share my thoughts on Hawkeyes role in it...uhm Spoiler Warning (duh)
    It was just incredible and I thought Clint was wonderful in it.

  4. #19
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It was just incredible and I thought Clint was wonderful in it.
    I will say that I probably liked Civil War Clint the most so far because he felt the most like Comic Clint but yeah: the Russo's just grasp him much more than Joss Whedon ever did. Makes me wonder how he'd have turned out had they been the ones to write him from the start.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

  5. #20
    Mighty Member chamber-music's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Endgame was the first movie to actually make me care about MCU Clint. It's not that I didn't like him in the previous movies. My issue was that his character mostly felt like a afterthought and he didn't feel very fleshed out in the previous appearances while in Endgame it felt like we got a better grasp of who he is as a person.

  6. #21
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,824

    Default

    Has there been any hint of Clint showing up in any other books with WCA ending? I hadn't been reading that and haven't really paid attention to solicitations.

  7. #22
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Endgame was the first movie to actually make me care about MCU Clint. It's not that I didn't like him in the previous movies. My issue was that his character mostly felt like a afterthought and he didn't feel very fleshed out in the previous appearances while in Endgame it felt like we got a better grasp of who he is as a person.
    hard same, but also, spoilers:
    the yakuza fight fed my inner edgelord
    end of spoilers

  8. #23
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I will say that I probably liked Civil War Clint the most so far because he felt the most like Comic Clint but yeah: the Russo's just grasp him much more than Joss Whedon ever did. Makes me wonder how he'd have turned out had they been the ones to write him from the start.
    Which is kind of interesting considering I think Clint as a character was tailor-made for someone like Whedon, being as cocky and funny as he generally is.

  9. #24
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Has there been any hint of Clint showing up in any other books with WCA ending? I hadn't been reading that and haven't really paid attention to solicitations.
    I've been skimming through solicits every now and then but I didn't see anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is kind of interesting considering I think Clint as a character was tailor-made for someone like Whedon, being as cocky and funny as he generally is.
    Maybe he thought there were already enough jokesters and wanted to do something different.
    Maybe he wanted to channel ultimate Hawkeye (for which he just had the wrong actor imo).
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

  10. #25

    Default

    hopefully Clint can finally get to wear his classic costume in the Disney Plus series.

  11. #26
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I've been skimming through solicits every now and then but I didn't see anything.
    I suspect we'll see something in the comic months hopefully.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully Clint can finally get to wear his classic costume in the Disney Plus series.
    Because of this reason.

  12. #27
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Maybe he thought there were already enough jokesters and wanted to do something different.
    Maybe he wanted to channel ultimate Hawkeye (for which he just had the wrong actor imo).
    Well, I definitely think initially they were going mostly for Ultimate Hawkeye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully Clint can finally get to wear his classic costume in the Disney Plus series.
    It would be nice to get a nod to it at least.

  13. #28
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    278

    Default

    I know everyone always talks about his relationship with Nat, but I love Clint and Wanda's relationship at MCU

  14. #29
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I know everyone always talks about his relationship with Nat, but I love Clint and Wanda's relationship at MCU
    Clint Barton is everyone's dad.

  15. #30
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I know everyone always talks about his relationship with Nat, but I love Clint and Wanda's relationship at MCU
    Agreed! Always liked that one.

    That one they really could not have done in the Comics with him having had a crush of her and everything.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Fire Emblem Three Houses Campaigns & Characters - R A N K E D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •