Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
Not unless you're a Marvel Comics Historian. Both Hawkeye & Daredevil have a thing for Natasha, and even fought over her once. And when the Falcon became a member of the Avengers, Hawkeye got the boot because he put the team over the membership-limit at the time.
Yeah, I know. And Clint and Cage served together in the New Avengers during Bendis' run. But they are still odd choices to show up in a HAWKEYE solo miniseries which isn't about his history with any of them. Cage makes the most sense to me, since Clint was Ronin when he and Luke served together. DD has a loose Ronin link through Echo--since both DD and Clint are ex-lovers of hers, and DD was the one who recommended Echo for the original Ronin job. But I really don't see where Falcon comes into it. But I'm sure it'll make sense once we see the in-story context.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
I wondered that at first too, but I think Clint was the only one who went public as Ronin? Maya operated in complete secrecy (and was only ever Ronin while she was in Japan), Alexei's plan never came to fruition, and Blade only used that identity for a short amount of time and never unmasked as far as I remember. Whereas Clint took off the mask on camera and said, "Hey, I'm Clint Barton aka Hawkeye aka Ronin." So it's possible that the American public doesn't know that anyone else has ever used this identity.
Good point. I'd forgotten about Clint going public as Ronin when he'd called out Norman Osborn. So that at least would explain why the general public would associate Clint with the role.

His fellow Avengers at least should know better though, since two of the other three Ronins were also Avengers members.