Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah Nightwing's costumes (both red and blue) are some of my favorites in comics. A blend between Clint's classic flashy look and the more combat/tactical look would be perfect.
    Putting some native american-inspired details could make it flashy enough, maybe. And more colour, please. I get that the blue was meant to be more like black back in the day, but Clint is a showman: he needs colour, or some accents that, much like with Nightwing's ones, are visible enough to follow his shape draped in dark wherever he goes.

(Ha ha, I love my spelling mistakes. No, not really; but let's pretend I love them)

Mighty Member

Does Clint have a rogues gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Yeah Nightwing's costumes (both red and blue) are some of my favorites in comics. A blend between Clint's classic flashy look and the more combat/tactical look would be perfect.
    I'm not sure what Nightwing costume was refered to originally, but I would assume it is the one he wore as a spy in his Grayson series. As that was essentially a shirt and pants as well.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Does Clint have a rogues gallery?
    I would say Crossfire is the closest thing he has to archenemy, with Oddball (and maybe Bombshell) behind him. In most of his solos, he's up against crime organizations (Secret Empire in the 1994 series, the Mathius family in the 2004 series, the Tracksuit Mafia in the 2012 series, the Stone Perfs in an arc in Avengers Spotlight) rather than individual supervillains with powers. He's also tangled with Swordsman, Trickshot, and his brother Barney, but all three of them were eventually redeemed.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm not sure what Nightwing costume was refered to originally, but I would assume it is the one he wore as a spy in his Grayson series. As that was essentially a shirt and pants as well.
    New Teen Titans costume, and the small bunch of ones that followed that design, were... not pretty; even if they were flashy enough, they were not night vigilante material. The costume he wore when he was Agent 37 wasn't pretty either, but at least it looked functional and fitting for the work. The one I like a lot, and I think has become his trademark, is any of the ones which are mostly black, but with very visible cerulian blue (or crimson red) accents.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-03-2019 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I would say Crossfire is the closest thing he has to archenemy, with Oddball (and maybe Bombshell) behind him. In most of his solos, he's up against crime organizations (Secret Empire in the 1994 series, the Mathius family in the 2004 series, the Tracksuit Mafia in the 2012 series, the Stone Perfs in an arc in Avengers Spotlight) rather than individual supervillains with powers. He's also tangled with Swordsman, Trickshot, and his brother Barney, but all three of them were eventually redeemed.
    He tends to have that quality of redemtion around him, I guess. Even Zemo wasn't that evil when he crossed paths with Clint, as far as I recall.

He needs his own rogues, but you can say that's a problem for most heroes these days, across companies even.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-04-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yeah, Crossfire is definitely the closest Clint has to an arch-enemy. Oddball was another recurring foe, but sadly he's dead (although there is a new Oddball now).

Baron Zemo has developed a grudge against Clint in (relatively) recent years. I think it started with Clint replacing Zemo as the leader of the T-Bolts, but the thing that really turned Zemo against Clint was when Clint put Moonstone into a coma when he shattered her 2nd power gem in the AVENGERS/THUNDERBOLTS miniseries. Zemo had fallen in love with Karla, and blamed Clint both for almost leaving her brain dead and also for being his rival for her affections in the first place. It was his desire for revenge against Clint that motivated Zemo to have Barney Barton revived from the 'dead' and trained as the new Trickshot as a personal weapon against Clint.

Zemo is too connected to Captain America to ever fully become a Hawkeye villain, but he's a big name bad guy who has a personal grudge against Clint.

He's also got some lower-level villains that he's picked up along the way over his various runs.

The Clown - an assassin working for the Tracksuit Mafia in the Fraction run. No apparent powers, but very skilled and dangerous.

Swordsman - introduced in Fraction's run. He was trained by the original Swordsman.

Ringmaster - Clint's had a few run-ins with him over the years, and actually was part of one of his circuses back in his carny days.

Bullet Biker - another person from his circus days (who knew circuses were such a breeding ground for super-villains?); a motorcycle performer who later turned to crime using a specialized motor cycle with guns mounted on it.

Bobcat - an acrobatic mercenary that Hawkeye has gone up against a couple of times. No particular personal connection between them, but so far he's only ever appeared in Hawkeye stories.

Sheila Danning - not technically a super villain, but she was a very personal enemy for him. She was the head of publicity for Cross Technological Enterprises while Clint was working as Security Chief there. Her task was to seduce him and keep him distracted so he wouldn't stumble across CTE's criminal activities. She betrayed Clint and tried to have him and Mockingbird killed. Clint had fallen hard for Sheila, so when he learned that she didn't care about him at all and their relationship was a lie, it depressed him so badly he almost stopped fighting and let her kill him (until Mockingbird knocked some sense back into him). After Hawk and Mock escaped, Sheila vowed to Clint that there was nowhere he could hide that CTE wouldn't find him for revenge. Sheila has never been seen since--and as far as we know, she was never brought to justice after CTE's criminal activities were exposed. She's still out there, somewhere, waiting for a writer to bring her back for revenge on Clint....
    Last edited by Dermie; 11-05-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: correcting typos

I was disappointed Clint never got to fight Crossfire in Earth's Mightiest Heroes (the best media adaption of Hawkeye, bar none)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, Crossfire is definitely the closest Clint has to an arch-enemy. Oddball was another recurring foe, but sadly he's dead (although there is a new Oddball now).

Baron Zemo has developed a grudge against Clint in (relatively) recent years. I think it started with Clint replacing Zemo as the leader of the T-Bolts, but the thing that really turned Zemo against Clint was when Clint put Moonstone into a coma when he shattered her 2nd power gem in the AVENGERS/THUNDERBOLTS miniseries. Zemo had fallen in love with Karla, and blamed Clint both for almost leaving her brain dead and also for being his rival for her affections in the first place. It was his desire for revenge against Clint that motivated Zemo to have Barney Barton revived from the 'dead' and trained as the new Trickshot as a personal weapon against Clint.

Zemo is too connected to Captain America to ever fully become a Hawkeye villain, but he's a big name bad guy who has a personal grudge against Clint.

He's also got some lower-level villains that he's picked up along the way over his various runs.

The Clown - an assassin working for the Tracksuit Mafia in the Fraction run. No apparent powers, but very skilled and dangerous.

Swordsman - introduced in Fraction's run. He was trained by the original Swordsman.

Ringmaster - Clint's had a few run-ins with him over the years, and actually was part of one of his circuses back in his carny days.

Bullet Biker - another person from his circus days (who circuses were such a breeding ground for super-villains?); a motorcycle performer who later turned to crime using a specialized motor cycle with guns mounted on it.

Bobcat - an acrobatic mercenary that Hawkeye has gone up against a couple of times. No particular personal connection between them, but so far he's only ever appeared in Hawkeye stories.

Sheila Danning - not technically a super villain, but she was a very personal enemy for him. She was the head of Cross Technological Enterprises while Clint was working as Security Chief there. Her task was to seduce him and keep him distracted so he wouldn't stumble across CTE's criminal activities. She betrayed Clint and tried to have him and Mockingbird killed. Clint had fallen hard for Sheila, so when he learned that she didn't care about him at all and their relationship was a lie, it depressed him so badly he almost stopped fighting and let her kill him (until Mockingbird knocked some sense back into him). After Hawk and Mock escaped, Sheila vowed to Clint that there was nowhere he could hide that CTE wouldn't find him for revenge. Sheila has never been seen since--and as far as we know, she was never brought to justice after CTE's criminal activities were exposed. She's still out there, somewhere, waiting for a writer to bring her back for revenge on Clint....
    In Old Man Hawkeye Zemo featured heavily too.
    I wish they'd invest more in this since I'll admit that I take Zemo over Crossfire.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    In Old Man Hawkeye Zemo featured heavily too.
    I wish they'd invest more in this since I'll admit that I take Zemo over Crossfire.
    As a big T-BOLTS fan I definitely enjoy seeing the Clint/Zemo feud dealt with, and I too would like to see more of it. But don't knock Crossfire - when written well he is very dangerous and certainly a worthy opponent for Clint (and/or Mockingbird). The SPIDER-MAN: BREAKOUT miniseries is a good example.

As a big T-BOLTS fan I definitely enjoy seeing the Clint/Zemo feud dealt with, and I too would like to see more of it. But don't knock Crossfire - when written well he is very dangerous and certainly a worthy opponent for Clint (and/or Mockingbird). The SPIDER-MAN: BREAKOUT miniseries is a good example.
    Of course he can but most of the time I see him he feels like an afterthought or just happens to be a an extra in the background of a Villain pub or something.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Of course he can but most of the time I see him he feels like an afterthought or just happens to be a an extra in the background of a Villain pub or something.
    That is an across the board issue. Alot of times characters are just used as background filler...or used comically. That was done with Crossfire in the Ant-Man series.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That is an across the board issue. Alot of times characters are just used as background filler...or used comically. That was done with Crossfire in the Ant-Man series.
    Yeah I remember Taskmaster giving the All New Wolverine a really good fight and on the same (release)day he was knocked out by a Deadpool punch immediately while Wade was dealing with like three others or something.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 11-09-2019 at 12:07 PM.

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yeah the "massive group of villains" thing has been all too common over the last decade or so. It started being a regular thing in Bendis' AVENGERS work with The Hood and his army of villains, and then once Bagalia become the home country for super-villains it carried on into any story involving Bagalia. Those sorts of scenes don't tend to be good for any of the villains involved--almost everyone ends up coming across less powerful or less competent than they usually are. So yeah, Crossfire hasn't shone in those settings--but in a more one-on-one setting, he has proven his worth as a member of Clint's rogues gallery.

As for the ANT-MAN series, true, Crossfire didn't have his best outings there either (although he had a few good moments here and there). Although in one of the issues Crossfire even admitted he wasn't at his best right then, but he was only there because he was helping out family (since he was a supporting villain to his brother and nephew).

Yeah the "massive group of villains" thing has been all too common over the last decade or so. It started being a regular thing in Bendis' AVENGERS work with The Hood and his army of villains, and then once Bagalia become the home country for super-villains it carried on into any story involving Bagalia. Those sorts of scenes don't tend to be good for any of the villains involved--almost everyone ends up coming across less powerful or less competent than they usually are. So yeah, Crossfire hasn't shone in those settings--but in a more one-on-one setting, he has proven his worth as a member of Clint's rogues gallery.

As for the ANT-MAN series, true, Crossfire didn't have his best outings there either (although he had a few good moments here and there). Although in one of the issues Crossfire even admitted he wasn't at his best right then, but he was only there because he was helping out family (since he was a supporting villain to his brother and nephew).
    True although I'll say I enjoyed the aspect of "smaller" Villains banding together to take on a weakened version of the Avengers at the time.

It just turned out to have been a trendsetter.

My Twitter