Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think being "silly" inherently makes it a bad costume, because the same could be said for a lot of other costumes, and even when you look at how David Lopez updated it you can keep the classic look but still make it look more "modern."

He looks too much like a SHIELD agent to me.
    Agreed. I would very much prefer Clint look like an Avenger. Or at the very least, a superhero.
    cool7.2.jpg

I don't think being "silly" inherently makes it a bad costume, because the same could be said for a lot of other costumes, and even when you look at how David Lopez updated it you can keep the classic look but still make it look more "modern."

He looks too much like a SHIELD agent to me.

But does one artist who can make it look really good make it a good costume?

It reminds me of how only a few artists could really make most of the DC New 52 costumes really "pop."
    I never said that makes it a bad costume, I said that many perceive it as such and the fact that it's silly looking is a valid reason why.

Imo a less bright colour scheme would help change that perception as well:

...and removal of the medieval touch with the tunic and flappy boots would go a long way without taking away too much from the overall look.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

But does one artist who can make it look really good make it a good costume?
    Because he draws it so differently, it almost looks like a different outfit. So... sure.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Because he draws it so differently, it almost looks like a different outfit. So... sure.
    Tbh: Everyone does. Sometimes it looks like a "tactical diving suite", sometimes it's a literal t-shirt and grey jeans and sometimes it looks like something Nightwing would wear if he liked purple better than blue.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 05-09-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

To be fair, everything looks good when Checchetto draws it.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Point well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I won't argue against that .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Endgame was the first movie to actually make me care about MCU Clint. It's not that I didn't like him in the previous movies. My issue was that his character mostly felt like a afterthought and he didn't feel very fleshed out in the previous appearances while in Endgame it felt like we got a better grasp of who he is as a person.
    Kind of he red headed step child of the Avengers movie. cameo in Thor, spent most of Avengers as Loki's puppet and then all the false foreshadowing in Age of Ultron. Would have been nice for a Hawkeye movie in phase 2 that could have fleshed him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Kind of he red headed step child of the Avengers movie. cameo in Thor, spent most of Avengers as Loki's puppet and then all the false foreshadowing in Age of Ultron. Would have been nice for a Hawkeye movie in phase 2 that could have fleshed him out.
    The scrapped scene from Winter Soldier could have helped too!
    Last edited by Matternativ; 05-10-2019 at 04:28 PM.

My Twitter

So unless I missed something we are not gonna get much Hawkeye in August either. Apart from a classic West Coast Avengers TPB that is.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    So unless I missed something we are not gonna get much Hawkeye in August either. Apart from a classic West Coast Avengers TPB that is.
    This is really depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This is really depressing.
    One would think they'd at the very least tease some Ronin story to capitalise on the movie.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    One would think they'd at the very least tease some Ronin story to capitalise on the movie.
    I kind of feel like they would have had a trade out at least...

I for one hope that he never puts the Ronin costume back on. He's at his worst when he's trying to be someone else.

You think this Clint cucking is bad? Falcon no longer exists! Why, movie synergy? Why aren't you lifting up all my boys?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate