Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I remember that SNL skit. Loved it when it was live. Love it now.
    IKR? When they use him as a shield...

Incredible Member

That's basically how Jeremy Renner would have played Hawkeye if the character was comic accurate.

Now we need a version of him much like his 90s Iron Man animated series counterpart...
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Oh god... his voice here... https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...-Clint-Barton/
    Keep in mind this is when Adam West was playing Batman and Hawkeye was still relatively new. John Reilly's voice has nothing on these two actors. "HAWKEYE IS GOING TO MAKE THEM ALL LOOK FAKE"
    Last edited by Falcon16; 06-10-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Classic costume!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I hate that Hawkeye always gets the short end of the stick in the MCU. He's the only one of the original 6 that isn't appearing in the new Avengers game.

He's also the only one of the original 6 that hasn't had his own movie (and won't, most likely) and also the only one that didn't appear in Infinity War. I wouldn't be bothered as much, if Black Widow also didn't play a huge role in these things, but she does, even though she's arguably less useful than Hawkeye.

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    I hate that Hawkeye always gets the short end of the stick in the MCU. He's the only one of the original 6 that isn't appearing in the new Avengers game.

He's also the only one of the original 6 that hasn't had his own movie (and won't, most likely) and also the only one that didn't appear in Infinity War. I wouldn't be bothered as much, if Black Widow also didn't play a huge role in these things, but she does, even though she's arguably less useful than Hawkeye.
    I totally forgot to check this thread and only remembered once I saw that Trailer because it was a real disappointment.

I mean you could argue that it's not set in the MCU but it's at the very least very heavily "inspired" by it so he should have definitely been part of it.

As for the Movies themselves: I think it had to do with the fact that he hasn't been written well under Whedon and it took until Civil War for him to become cool and feel three-dimensional.
    I also think Tenner, as much as I like him, wasn't really the ideal casting.

But either way: Widow meanwhile was a more intriguing character and fan favourite.
    I get why she gets a movie but he doesn't.
    Here's hoping his show will be cool ****.

As for the game,: apparently they want to offer more characters later. He's gotta be the very first one they add.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Clint is a fun foil to Doc Ock-but-not-anymore in today's Superior Spider-Man!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

And was called the second best archer on the introductionary page :T
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I kinda hate that I recognized Clint because of those stupid shades.
    On the other hand, I'm kind of glad Troy Baker is playing Hulk if only if it means he probably won't be reprising Clint once he gets added in for free content. I'm kind of done with Troy as Hawkeye.
    And then there's Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, the last season of Avengers Assemble, where for my money he was probably the most unlikable character in the main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    And was called the second best archer on the introductionary page :T
    it's because of the ronin stuff. he gave up his brand.

Extraordinary Member

He got his character torn to bare minimum in MCU, partly due to Iron Man taking over Clint's humor and the function to be the pain in Cap's ass.
    They won't let a none-solo character to do the fun things, and he had to start off as a veteran SHIELD agent(probably to do that "Clint recruit Nat" thing) so there is much room for character growth like the comic counterpart.
    And in AoU they had to introduce his Ultimate family which further limits his character, and he can only play family man and every girl's best friend in MCU.
    He didn't have the best environment or the starting point.

Hey at least people are noticing his absence, though I would prefer them using Hawkeye's comic prominence as the basis of argument about why Clint is important to Avengers than saying he is an MCU OG member.

BANNED

To me, the marvel character Hawkeye's comic prominence during Kurt Busiek's Thunderbolts run, is the way to highlight the MCU Clint's importance.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    To me, the marvel character Hawkeye's comic prominence during Kurt Busiek's Thunderbolts run, is the way to highlight the MCU Clint's importance.
    That was the height of my Clint fandom.