Lightbulb Alejandro Jodorowsky works recommendations anybody?

He seem to be a very popular French author / director...

I'd recommend you start with his first, and most famous, comics work The Incal.

There's a nice hardcover edition published by Humanoids that runs about 35 bucks. Grand space opera with deep, existential themes and weird, memorable characters. Gorgeous art by the late, great Moebius. It's really wonderful, and widely regarded as one of the best and most influential comics ever published.

If you dig that, Jodorowksy continued to expand the "Jodoverse" as it's called with prequels, sequels, and spinoff titles.

I'll second the Incal.

I'll add the Metabaron books, the Technopriests, White Lama and the recent Screaming Planet collection.

Also, not comics, but if you are interested in Jodo, track down and watch the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune about his failed attempt to make a Dune movie inthe 70s. It's filled with lots of comic related goodness, the work of Moebius and H.R. Giger and other stuff, and gives a good overview of Jodo's career up to that point and insight to his creative insights and process.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    He seem to be a very popular French author / director...
    Well I'm French, and don't really know his work.
    The Incal is very famous in SyFy, but it's mainly because it's written by Moebius who is a god in SyFy comics.

If you'd like other gread french artist I would also suggest the work of Phillipe Druillet.
    Mainly Lone Sloane:

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well I'm French, and don't really know his work.
    The Incal is very famous in SyFy, but it's mainly because it's written by Moebius who is a god in SyFy comics.

[/IMG]
    it's drawn by Moebius and written by Jodorovsky. Also Moebius is considered a god in everything basically. His sci-fi stuff is the most well know but his western series Blueberry isn't far behind.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Incal btw but I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading it. Personally I prefer the Metabarons and Bouncer. Tried Son of the gun too but really disliked that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it's drawn by Moebius and written by Jodorovsky. Also Moebius is considered a god in everything basically. His sci-fi stuff is the most well know but his western series Blueberry isn't far behind.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Incal btw but I wouldn't discourage anyone from reading it. Personally I prefer the Metabarons and Bouncer. Tried Son of the gun too but really disliked that one.
    Yes true, but I'm not really fan of Blueberry. Just not my type.
    For western I like the more comedy serie Lucky Luke, written by the extremly tallented Goscinny. With the unique art by Morris.