View Poll Results: How are you enjoying the new Uncanny X-Men?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really love it and wish it was the new status quo

9 6.98%
  • Like it alot wish it could have gotten a little more run

37 28.68%
  • It's ok but really just getting characters into position

29 22.48%
  • End it already and bring on Hickman!

54 41.86%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Uncanny X-Men relaunch verdict so far?

I am really enjoying the Uncanny X-Men relaunch so far, cool characters good arc, enjoyable direction so much so I am kind of bummed. First off let me say that Hickman might be my favorite writer in the biz right now and I have no doubt that he will do wonders for the franchise, I just kind of wish that this writer/artist/direction could have gotten a little longer to play out. I felt the same about the end of the run on Astonishing X-Men, while recognizing it was really meant to get characters in place for the next version, I wish it could have started a year earlier since it was more enjoyable than the book had been. The same with Uncanny I kind of wish we could get a year more out of this storyline before the big Hickman reboot since I am enjoying it more than anything X-related for a few years.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

So far, I'm not impressed. I miss. Bunncanny.

So, next. Lol

I'm enjoying it. I was pretty excited for AoX and was sort of just going to casually read Uncanny in the background, but I've ended up liking Uncanny more and the Age books pretty much dropped off my radar with the exception of NextGen.

It absolutely has it's flaws (and I hate the art), but I've enjoyed the premise and look forward to see where they are taking the story in prep for Hix.

It’s pretty average writing to me, but I think it’s a major help that Extraordinary/Gold/Disassembled were all ****. Age of X-Man has been a much less tonedeaf event that I’m enjoying far more.

It's simply okay, but it doesn't read like a team book. This is where the thought bubbles are truly missed. I don't know the motivations for most of the characters, especially the women. They play the background too much. Maybe there are too many members and right now Cyclops is (rightfully) sucking up all the spotlight.
    And the whole logic for them living in the basement of a bar is just strange. There should have been some acknowledgement of Xian's business and wealth. Even infected with the T/O virus she could have access her funds and set up a proper facility for the team.

And they should fix Sean. Infect him with the T/O virus and than and that have Dark Beast "cure" him.

And get Larroca off the book. He can't do fight choreography anymore and it just look clutter out of sequence and unfocused. Oh, and I hate how he makes Rhane so tall and too pretty. I think that's why she wanted to leave. She would have gotten confused with Hope when she was in her normal form.

Too many characters, rushed plots. This relaunch uncanny having been meh since the beggining

Disassembled was too long and nothing happened and with Rosenberg too many things happen that he does not even have time to explain.

It's a mess.

BANNED

Who knows ? Hickman's run could be much worse than Rosenberg's run just like that overhyped Disassembled i.e. too many issues for single simple storyline.

Rosenberg's run is too rushed and packed too many storylines into too few issues. If it were developed into more issues (instead of off-panel), it would have been great.

Rosenberg's run is the opposite of Disassembled.....

At least we have many surprises and the New Mutants finally get the limelight.

Disassembled and AoXM were much more boring. So I am enjoying this run.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-22-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Terrible. End it already

I really don't like it, bring on Hickman!

Its another extinction problem in the span of a decade after the last one. Plus there is a death like every issue.

Its abysmal. The beginning had promise but I didn't want to read this.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Horrible. I thought with Disassembled it couldnt get worse and Marvel proved me wrong.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

there are good things there, the problem is that there is so little space and it feels rushed.

I have enjoyed the scott/logan interactions, hope and the new mutants.

I don't think it's awful, but I don't think it's great either. It definitely feels like a holding pattern until the AOX-man ends and...whatever happens with the characters happens.

This is the worst volume of Uncanny since the original ended