View Poll Results: How are you enjoying the new Uncanny X-Men?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really love it and wish it was the new status quo

9 6.98%
  • Like it alot wish it could have gotten a little more run

37 28.68%
  • It's ok but really just getting characters into position

29 22.48%
  • End it already and bring on Hickman!

54 41.86%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I like it a lot. I'm a cyclops fan, so it's him coming back and taking care of business, what not to like? it is going fast though

BANNED

So those who voted at least OK still outnumber those who didn't like it. 57 versus 36

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Disassembled started off well until the Four Horsemen of Salvation showed up. Can't believe they couldn't pull off a Legion vs. X-Man.
    Rosenberg's run is kinda weird since it has some ideas but it feels like the execution could be better.

Best part about this volume so far was the annual. Double Ororo!
    "Cable was right!"

The art sucks with bad coloring (is larroca still complaining?)

The writing is workmen-like, like somene raking leaves. In other words, its pretty boring. Everyone says what is expected of them to say, come on surprise me!

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    But it's still better than the Gold/Blue/Red/Disassembled storylines that get dragged too long for simple storylines.

We are presented with new villains, surprises and deaths (lol) almost every issue although the storylines didn't go deep enough.

Sure, Chris Claremont's days are the best but no writers have come close to him yet in my opinion.
    x-men red and blue are a lot better than uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    x-men red and blue are a lot better than uncanny
    IA with this statement

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I feel for Rosenberg being a placeholder and legitimately would call him a great X-Men writer. I like it when I can tell that a creative team is having fun.

Hickman is kind of exciting but I think changing directions drastically every year and one writer owning it all are two bad things they have a habit of combining. If it weren't for my lack of interest in Age of X (as opposed to one or two real titles) and the impending revisit to X Statix, I'd hate to see things change.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The art sucks with bad coloring (is larroca still complaining?)

The writing is workmen-like, like somene raking leaves. In other words, its pretty boring. Everyone says what is expected of them to say, come on surprise me!
    I love Larocca's art on this series, and i like the coloring a lot too. this is actually one of my favorite art tandems on x-men. I just love it

The run is so-so. Maybe it’s the fact that I don’t really care for Age of X-Man taking up most of the cast but I still find Uncanny the better of the 2. I kinda like the concept of Scott and Logan having scraped together a team from what remained of the X-Men as it kinda works as a makeshift team though I’m not a fan of the doom and gloom angle that they’re going for and wish that if they were going to take such a route, they had had the X-Men trying to protect what they could of mutantkind while trying to leave behind what they could. But instead it feels like things happen at a breakneck pace but at the same time nothing actually happens. But in spite of the negative, I come back each issue to see what happens next.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    That's the point I think though. I think this part of the run is seen from the point of view of Cyclops. That's why it seems things happen off panel, I think it is going to be looked at from other viewpoints soon which will give it context. The off panel things, see when Cyclops got shot, and we have no idea what happened for the time he was unconscious, I think that will be filled in.

I think it's a clever way to write it, and I think it will tie together much better after a couple more issues. The little panel on the first page each issue is similar to what happened in Astonishing which is one reason why I think this.

This is another reason why I think it looks chaotic, because we're getting nobody else's input or motivation. I think that is clever too, it will be wrapped and making sense by the time Age Of X-Man is complete I think. Meantime I'm just going with the flow and enjoying it.
    If this is the case then I would have expected this to be communicated to the readers better. I, too, think it would be clever but I (the reader) don't know this is the case I think it's poor writing and shoddy planning and pacing. So if I knew it was coming from Scott's perspective from the get-go then I might be more like "oh I can't wait to see how this played out". But that's not what I'm necessarily getting right now. And I always hate having a result happen and you need to wait 10 issues to see what really happened. It gives me Death of X flashbacks.

Characters are off, story is **** and the art is even worse

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    So far, I'm not impressed. I miss. Bunncanny.

So, next. Lol
    I miss it too

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Still mad Bunn-canny got derailed by Lover's Spat 2, Bad Movie tie-in attempt and Death of Best-clops.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    I miss it too

Sad his Uncanny run got overrun with editorial tyranny that disrupted his story before it was cancelled at 19. But Rosenberg gets to be on Uncanny for 20+ issues with a 10 issue head-start.

Rereading Bunncanny, and even reading his Uncanny trivia for stories he had planned is more interesting than anything I have seen from Rosenberg.

Plus, Bunn had 2 of my favs that he was doing great with. Monet & Creed. Meanwhile, Rosenberg apparently doesn't like Monet & judging by his stale interview, has no decent plans for Creed beyond one-note villainy and probable jobbing. I saw him write Creed in PR, and it wasn't good. lol

So, all I can think of whenever I see anything new is how much I miss Bunn. lol Any favorite or liked character I have, Bunn almost always did justice to. Monet, Sabretooth, Deadpool, Domino, etc.

I wanted to read about him addressing Psylocke's body-change.
    I wanted to see him slowly pull Creed back to villainy with Alzheimer's metaphor.
    I wanted to see Monet's conflict with Marius play out
    Monet's involvement with the HFC
    The supposed rough relationship of Mystique vs. M
    More of mentally-stable Mystique
    The payout of the Creed x Monet romance
    Lord knows how the Mystique x Fantomex deal would go
    Along with where he was gonna go with Warren.

ALL of this I was more invested in than Rosenberg's mess of Wolverine bickering with Cyclops, with guest appearance whining from Alex and new death every issue.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-23-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think Disassembled was overall a pretty weak story, way overstretched and a bit of a waste of some otherwise pretty decent writers and artists. I'm enjoying Rosenberg and Larroca's solo act a lot more - but yeah, it does feel like they've been getting all the chess pieces into place for more than a year now. Regardless of what I think of the current run though, The Hickman can't come soon enough.