View Poll Results: How are you enjoying the new Uncanny X-Men?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really love it and wish it was the new status quo

9 6.98%
  • Like it alot wish it could have gotten a little more run

37 28.68%
  • It's ok but really just getting characters into position

29 22.48%
  • End it already and bring on Hickman!

54 41.86%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Feels like filler to me, they’re definitely milking it. Hickman will be the real relaunch I guess, looking forward to what he has in store cuz this ain’t it, I’m still wondering what significance will come out of this before Hickman’s run starts besides Scott and Logan returning...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This is the worst volume of Uncanny since the original ended
    I'm really happy with it so far. I like the idea of it being frantic and breathless. I think that is quite deliberate. I also like the darker tone and how it contrasts with what is going on in Age Of X-Man. The team members are excellent choices in the main and I enjoy the interaction between them all.

I know it is getting all kinds of bad comments on here, and I sort of understand the reasons. But I'm prepared to let everything play out and watch what happens. I understand there is a recap issue coming up where I think a lot of the missing stuff will be explained, perhaps from another viewpoint than that of Cyclops.

There are some pretty obvious things coming up, I am looking forward to what will be done with Dark Beast, I want to know what he has done with, Cyclops, Hope and the New Mutants and how the rest of the team handle that. I also want to see what happens when the rest of the X-Men are inevitably returned.

The way this has followed from Astonishing, Multiple Man and Dead Souls has been one of the best things about it, I'd be happy for this to continue for at least a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    The way this has followed from Astonishing, Multiple Man and Dead Souls has been one of the best things about it, I'd be happy for this to continue for at least a couple of years.
    Pretty sure we'd run out of X-Men in about eight months, at current rate.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

The first issue having Cyclops and Wolverine slaughtering the hate groups rocked.

It took the biggest nose dive from there. Best way to describe it is a complete mess. The plot and characters. There's no focus. No direction. It was so bad even I didn't bother getting the last issue.

I was really looking forward to it too. Why doesn't Marvel listen to their fans?

We really liked Cyclops post M-Day.

This is the worst volume of Uncanny since the original ended
    Not worse than that X-Force they called Uncanny (Bunn). But not much better either.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Rosenberg's run is too rushed and packed too many storylines into too few issues. If it were developed into more issues (instead of off-panel), it would have been great.
    Having liked Astonishing and Multiple Man a lot, I am sadly disappointed by Rosenberg's Uncanny so far. You can see he has a good grasp of the characters and writes good dialogue but that rushed pace kills it for me. The plot has more holes than a swiss cheese.

Disassembled was shitty.

The best part of this run has been watching people's pre-release hype levels sink like the Titanic.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Not worse than that X-Force they called Uncanny (Bunn). But not much better either.

Having liked Astonishing and Multiple Man a lot, I am sadly disappointed by Rosenberg's Uncanny so far. You can see he has a good grasp of the characters and writes good dialogue but that rushed pace kills it for me. The plot has more holes than a swiss cheese.

Disassembled was shitty.
    nah I think its worse than that. Bunn did good all things considered (editorial interference and that forced Terrigen status quo). Dissassembled and now Rosenberg's solo run have been a complete mess. If I had to rank volumes it would go:

2 - Gillen
    3 - Bendis
    4 - Bunn
    5 - Rosenberg/Thompson/Brisson

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

nah I think its worse than that. Bunn did good all things considered (editorial interference and that forced Terrigen status quo). Dissassembled and now Rosenberg's solo run have been a complete mess. If I had to rank volumes it would go:

2 - Gillen
    3 - Bendis
    4 - Bunn
    5 - Rosenberg/Thompson/Brisson
    So, literally each one is worse than the next, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So, literally each one is worse than the next, LOL!
    LOL...pretty much unfortunately

Bunncanny worse than Bendis? actual sickness

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s pretty average writing to me, but I think it’s a major help that Extraordinary/Gold/Disassembled were all ****. Age of X-Man has been a much less tonedeaf event that I’m enjoying far more.
    Succinct description of my own feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Bunncanny worse than Bendis? actual sickness
    Bendis' run fizzled out towards the end but overall I found it more entertaining with much better art. It had some good humor and light hearted moments which Bunn's lacked

When I think about Brian's run, I think about all of those fun times and I feel good. When I think about Cullen's run, I just get sad that he never got a pitch through. So Brian's is better.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

This volume of Uncanny X-men has 2 very different phases.

An extremely editorial-guided first part with Disassembled.
    3 writers trying to work together to put the pieces where JDW and the writers of Age of X-man wanted.
    Very bureaucratic story.

And an extremely authorial work since #11.
    Hickman will relaunch the franchise, so Rosenberg was allowed to do whatever he wants.
    Things that please some fans and displease others.

Where's the "end it already and bring on whoever comes after Hickman" option?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)