View Poll Results: How are you enjoying the new Uncanny X-Men?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really love it and wish it was the new status quo

9 6.98%
  • Like it alot wish it could have gotten a little more run

37 28.68%
  • It's ok but really just getting characters into position

29 22.48%
  • End it already and bring on Hickman!

54 41.86%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The relaunch has pretty much been a bunch of time wasting until Hickman's story begins so just end it.

BANNED

The ones without Nate Grey has sucked. I knew the damn Cyclops and Wolverine focus would mess it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bendis' run fizzled out towards the end but overall I found it more entertaining with much better art. It had some good humor and light hearted moments which Bunn's lacked
    Being light hearted is not necessary because a of that is nothing compared to the Lobdell era.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Bendis was far superior to Bunn (and to this). From Original Sin everything was downhill but until that level was very good.

I’ve enjoyed it ever since the focus switched to Cyclops and Wolverine. Before that I was checked out.

At any other time I would of enjoyed it much more. I like and find the cast to be interesting

BUT

WTF. All other X-Men have seemingly been killed, and these characters are shooting pool, bitchin between themselves, discussing leadership, going after a hit list, WTF, your nearest and dearest have just been wiped out, you callous bastards!!

Wolverine and Banshee kinda get a pass as I haven't got a fucking clue as too their memory/mental status
    The New Mutant girls have been dealing with the virus, I can give them a pass too

Have I missed something about what these lot know about disassembled/AOXM?

This could of been a opportune time too convince us (the fanbases of ALL the other characters) why Cyke and Wolverine should be front and centre of the x-franchise, by showing us how committed/affected/involved they are to the X-Men.

That's whats buggin me about this run

All the plot holes and off panel stuff does irritate but pfft I can deal with that, but the lack of reaction to the fate of the others is a massive missed opportunity for some flashbacks, good/sad/fun.....etc memories and stories, but no what we get are Joseph and MLF

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I'm really happy with it so far. I like the idea of it being frantic and breathless. I think that is quite deliberate. I also like the darker tone and how it contrasts with what is going on in Age Of X-Man. The team members are excellent choices in the main and I enjoy the interaction between them all.

I know it is getting all kinds of bad comments on here, and I sort of understand the reasons. But I'm prepared to let everything play out and watch what happens. I understand there is a recap issue coming up where I think a lot of the missing stuff will be explained, perhaps from another viewpoint than that of Cyclops.

There are some pretty obvious things coming up, I am looking forward to what will be done with Dark Beast, I want to know what he has done with, Cyclops, Hope and the New Mutants and how the rest of the team handle that. I also want to see what happens when the rest of the X-Men are inevitably returned.

The way this has followed from Astonishing, Multiple Man and Dead Souls has been one of the best things about it, I'd be happy for this to continue for at least a couple of years.
    I agree with you on many points, but what is killing (in a bad way) my love for this book are:
    1) Alex is written as the most obnoxious character ever.
    2) ALMOST EVERYTHING OF IMPORTANCE HAPPENS OFF PANEL. Literally almost everything. Dani and Co saved from the virus? Off panel. Rahne dead? Off panel. hope is back in the fold? Off panel. You can have a quick paces book but god you can't expect readers to have to use their imagination to further your plot along. I'm not giving you my money so I can write what happens. i don't care if there is a recap issue, it's already made me so annoyed that they couldn't explain it when it happened.

BANNED

Scott’ Characterization is perplexing. I will give it until issue #20 to see if it turns around. I am enjoying it more than AoXm.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

It's fine overall. Folks are just freaking out over the seemingly odd time jump between UXM #15/16. Odds are it'll read better once WotR is over.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I agree with you on many points, but what is killing (in a bad way) my love for this book are:
    1) Alex is written as the most obnoxious character ever.
    2) ALMOST EVERYTHING OF IMPORTANCE HAPPENS OFF PANEL. Literally almost everything. Dani and Co saved from the virus? Off panel. Rahne dead? Off panel. hope is back in the fold? Off panel. You can have a quick paces book but god you can't expect readers to have to use their imagination to further your plot along. I'm not giving you my money so I can write what happens. i don't care if there is a recap issue, it's already made me so annoyed that they couldn't explain it when it happened.
    That's the point I think though. I think this part of the run is seen from the point of view of Cyclops. That's why it seems things happen off panel, I think it is going to be looked at from other viewpoints soon which will give it context. The off panel things, see when Cyclops got shot, and we have no idea what happened for the time he was unconscious, I think that will be filled in.

I think it's a clever way to write it, and I think it will tie together much better after a couple more issues. The little panel on the first page each issue is similar to what happened in Astonishing which is one reason why I think this.

This is another reason why I think it looks chaotic, because we're getting nobody else's input or motivation. I think that is clever too, it will be wrapped and making sense by the time Age Of X-Man is complete I think. Meantime I'm just going with the flow and enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Bunncanny worse than Bendis? actual sickness
    Ikr? Did not know April fool's was a month long.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think this run of Uncanny has served as moving along several plots to get some characters in place for future plans. It's been ok at doing that imo, but some of the plots being resolved off panel has taken the air out of them. Characters appearing out of nowhere with little build up is also making the plots feel incomplete. It has had some surprising moments that keep me reading so i say it's been a ok run.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Ikr? Did not know April fool's was a month long.
    Thirded. Bunn is WAAAAAAY better than Bendis, who never needs to write anything again given his character assassinations. He ruins TWO of my favorites by making them comedy relief parodies. Even characters I didn't like, he ruined. lol Meanwhile, Bunn wrote them all like a boss.

So hopefully Bendis stays away from anything that could potentially be good. He's as bad as Guggenheim...If not worse.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-22-2019 at 03:13 PM.

BANNED

I've read since #11 when Rosenberg took over and so far it's been so-so. It's a bit confusing at times and I'm not sure where it's going.