View Poll Results: How are you enjoying the new Uncanny X-Men?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really love it and wish it was the new status quo

9 6.98%
  • Like it alot wish it could have gotten a little more run

37 28.68%
  • It's ok but really just getting characters into position

29 22.48%
  • End it already and bring on Hickman!

54 41.86%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well, it's better than the Blue/Gold/Red run of titles that preceded it.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Fantastic Member

Horrible.

I think all these failed relaunches are just hurting the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Thirded. Bunn is WAAAAAAY better than Bendis, who never needs to write anything again given his character assassinations. He ruins TWO of my favorites by making them comedy relief parodies. Even characters I didn't like, he ruined. lol Meanwhile, Bunn wrote them all like a boss.

So hopefully Bendis stays away from anything that could potentially be good. He's as bad as Guggenheim...If not worse.
    I didn't read Bunn, but Bendis Uncanny was fun, even if it lost direction

I think it's alright, but I wish it could have gotten more time. My biggest issue with it is that most interaction seems to be through Scott. Maybe if it had a longer run, we could have seen more character interactions. Or characters actually doing things aside from being in the background or just to be in roster space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well, it's better than the Blue/Gold/Red run of titles that preceded it.
    Yeah, agree.

There were one or two good stories in Gold and Blue like introduction of new Pyro, return of Xorn, renormalising Havok but most of the stories were boring.

Rosenberg UXM is refreshing and sometimes funny.

But I don't like that each storyline starts and ends with just one issue and important events are not expanded on.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-22-2019 at 05:39 PM.

BANNED

#11 - Purifiers and Reavers
    #12 - The O.N.E.
    #13 - Dark Beast
    #14 - Marauders
    #15 - Mutant Liberation Front
    #16 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Whereas in the past (Red, Blue), one villain would take 6 to 12 issues to resolve.

This is going too fast.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-22-2019 at 05:59 PM.

I’ve loved it since they brought back Cyclops and his story has been the focus along with Logan. Before that it was enjoyable but the issue where those two fight all the reavers, purifiers etc really was top notch.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Amazing Member

Finding it highly enjoyable. It's a little rushed but have a feeling that will play out well across a longer read. I happen to think marvel is fundamentally compromised when it comes to story-telling at this point, and every writer probably has to assimilate the stance-of-the-moment based on how the business sees itself from one run or arc to another. Which is probably difficult for any writer to deal with. That said, I think the current run is interesting for its combination of pace and compressed dislocation (being stuck inside the bar), and while there isn't enough space for all the characters, there never really is with the x-men -- that seems to be part of the point, actually. I do wonder how they don't all pass out from how terrible each of them must smell at this point. I thought Bendis' run was ridiculous -- he seemed to always be on the verge of making things interesting and then turning everything into talk right when something was supposed to happen, which is fine for office life but bad for comics. Rosenberg, for me, has a fresher relationship with the inexplicable, and since I'm one of those tragic Havok fans (tragic as in existing, I guess) I'm happy to see the character getting used in interesting ways. He seems to be a site of improvisation for Rosenberg, which makes him an interesting foil for the primary characters, who generally dwell inside a kind of stoic & impenetrable fatalism masked as leadership. I think every character on the team should have one thought balloon per issue, actually. That'd be an interesting contraint for the writers and artists. It'd be great to have a character who never speaks but has one thought per issue.

BANNED

Enjoyable despite its flaws. But I think part of it has been rushed due to Hickman's books being pushed to an earlier date. The whole concept of Cyclops and Logan joining to clean up the world so the X-Men will have a positive legacy is excellent. But it could be waaaaay better.

The only good thing is the New Mutants being in the book. Now bring in Sam and Bobby, drop Cyclops and Wolverine (it's not like Wolverine is lacking for screen time). Better yet, just bring in Claremont to right the X-men ship already.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    The only good thing is the New Mutants being in the book. Now bring in Sam and Bobby, drop Cyclops and Wolverine (it's not like Wolverine is lacking for screen time). Better yet, just bring in Claremont to right the X-men ship already.
    at that points it becomes New Mutants volume 4

Mighty Member

Rushed and all over the place. Everything happens off panel. Sloppy writing and sloppy editing. We should all get paid because we have to come up with what happens off panel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    at that points it becomes New Mutants volume 4
    LOL. Yeah, half the New Mutants are already there.

The other half missing are Cypher, Sunspot, Magma and Cannonball.

Cannonball is frequently seen in UXM and X-Force so there's no lack of him so we don't really miss him.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 04-22-2019 at 08:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Rushed and all over the place. Everything happens off panel. Sloppy writing and sloppy editing. We should all get paid because we have to come up with what happens off panel.
    But it's still better than the Gold/Blue/Red/Disassembled storylines that get dragged too long for simple storylines.

We are presented with new villains, surprises and deaths (lol) almost every issue although the storylines didn't go deep enough.

Sure, Chris Claremont's days are the best but no writers have come close to him yet in my opinion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    But it's still better than the Gold/Blue/Red/Disassembled storylines that get dragged too long for simple storylines.

We are presented with new villains, surprises and deaths (lol) almost every issue although the storylines didn't go deep enough.

Sure, Chris Claremont's days are the best but no writers have come close to him yet in my opinion.
    I stopped reading Gold because it was awful. Never read Blue or Red. Disassembled was too long. Uncanny as it is now should have the time to develop all of these ideas into a cohesive storyline that makes sense. Everything and the kitchen sink is thrown into every issue without rhyme or reason. Important things are happening off panel or are just forgotten about.

I’m interested in most of the ideas, but it’s so messy that it’s awful. You can have more story if you have more panels per page. I know everything is big panels every issue but nothing is happening in them and everything is happening in them at the same time. Sloppy writing and editing. Both writers and editors cannot look in the mirror and be pleased with themselves.. especially if they call themselves fans