View Poll Results: How are you enjoying the new Uncanny X-Men?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Really love it and wish it was the new status quo

9 6.98%
  • Like it alot wish it could have gotten a little more run

37 28.68%
  • It's ok but really just getting characters into position

29 22.48%
  • End it already and bring on Hickman!

54 41.86%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    #11 - Purifiers and Reavers
    #12 - The O.N.E.
    #13 - Dark Beast
    #14 - Marauders
    #15 - Mutant Liberation Front
    #16 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Whereas in the past (Red, Blue), one villain would take 6 to 12 issues to resolve.

This is going too fast.
    If things go on in this pace, soon they will finish that list lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Sad his Uncanny run got overrun with editorial tyranny that disrupted his story before it was cancelled at 19. But Rosenberg gets to be on Uncanny for 20+ issues with a 10 issue head-start.

Rereading Bunncanny, and even reading his Uncanny trivia for stories he had planned is more interesting than anything I have seen from Rosenberg.

Plus, Bunn had 2 of my favs that he was doing great with. Monet & Creed. Meanwhile, Rosenberg apparently doesn't like Monet & judging by his stale interview, has no decent plans for Creed beyond one-note villainy and probable jobbing. I saw him write Creed in PR, and it wasn't good. lol

So, all I can think of whenever I see anything new is how much I miss Bunn. lol Any favorite or liked character I have, Bunn almost always did justice to. Monet, Sabretooth, Deadpool, Domino, etc.

I wanted to read about him addressing Psylocke's body-change.
    I wanted to see him slowly pull Creed back to villainy with Alzheimer's metaphor.
    I wanted to see Monet's conflict with Marius play out
    Monet's involvement with the HFC
    The supposed rough relationship of Mystique vs. M
    More of mentally-stable Mystique
    The payout of the Creed x Monet romance
    Lord knows how the Mystique x Fantomex deal would go
    Along with where he was gonna go with Warren.

ALL of this I was more invested in than Rosenberg's mess of Wolverine bickering with Cyclops, with guest appearance whining from Alex and new death every issue.
    Yeah, it's really a shame..I really wanted to see all of that stuff too..I think it really speaks volumes about Bunn's ability as a writer that he was able to keep things interesting and write a quality book in spite of all the editorially mandated crap being forced on him at the time..

People can say whatever they want about the ANAD era, it certainly had it's problems (mostly because of the aforementioned editorial stuff) but at least it wasn't all nostalgia..it was modern, the characters looked like they belonged in this century and there were new, interesting things happening with characters just like the things you mentioned above..and because of that, and especially because of Bunn's Uncanny, it's the last time I really enjoyed reading X-books

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    #11 - Purifiers and Reavers
    #12 - The O.N.E.
    #13 - Dark Beast
    #14 - Marauders
    #15 - Mutant Liberation Front
    #16 - Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Whereas in the past (Red, Blue), one villain would take 6 to 12 issues to resolve.

This is going too fast.
    This reminds me of Blue except Bunn took his time and took 36 issues to have Magneto take care of his loose ends as opposed to cramming them all into single back to back issues. UXM could have been better had Rosenberg been allowed to make story arcs out of this instead of the rush job we are getting

I am definitely glad we were spared multi-parters about all of these shitty X-Villains. (Still wuv u, Reavers. Kinda.)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Plus, aren't all the Neyaphem in Hell jail?

*all the dead ones are crossed out so pretend the Acolytes, Factor Three, Gene Nation, Neo, and Upstarts are crossed out too

**crossed out Mortis because Dazzler blackballed her from Hollywood so she might as well be dead

***we know that Sinister and the Marauders are getting dealt with soon so the only ones left that probably won't get dealt with are:

Cassandra Nova (why wouldn't she still be in jail)
    Externals
    Children of the Vault
    Nasty Boys
    Clan Akkaba
    Savage Land (??)
    Krakoa (????)
    Last edited by Tycon; 04-23-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Too rushed, and we know it's going to be impacted by whatever Hickman does anyway so I say just end it. I'm not even really reading it any more and only keep up through this forum.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I really disliked issue 11 and dropped the book at 12. I haven't seen or heard anything about subsequent issues that make me regret that decision. I like some aspects of Rosenberg's writing, I mostly enjoyed his Dead Souls series and I'll probably buy the WotR tie-in, but the tone, unnecessary and poorly executed deaths, and absolutely terrible art were all dealbreakers for me.

The X-Men are going to blow up both Krakoa and the Savage Land. They discovered the damn things for the modern day, they will cement their legacy by turning them to ash.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusFan View Post
    Yeah, it's really a shame..I really wanted to see all of that stuff too..I think it really speaks volumes about Bunn's ability as a writer that he was able to keep things interesting and write a quality book in spite of all the editorially mandated crap being forced on him at the time..

People can say whatever they want about the ANAD era, it certainly had it's problems (mostly because of the aforementioned editorial stuff) but at least it wasn't all nostalgia..it was modern, the characters looked like they belonged in this century and there were new, interesting things happening with characters just like the things you mentioned above..and because of that, and especially because of Bunn's Uncanny, it's the last time I really enjoyed reading X-books
    Agree with everything, especially the bold. I was surprised so many on the forum seemed to hate ANAD. The only thing I hated about it was the direction of Deadpool x Shiklah, who I wanted to stay the hell away from each other in DP volume 4.But Duggan's run on Avengers was great. I was mainly reading for Deadpool, but he did great with the team interactions, characterization, etc. So the whole run was nice. And I Liked the new pairing of RoguePoll.

Getting back to Bunncanny, that was also the last team X-book I enjoyed. And nothing has come close. When things started, I was most looking forward to Creed finally getting some shine as an anti-hero since it had lots of potential that Bunn was apparently gonna utilize. Creed being one of my favorite who's hardly had good writing in 16 years, I loved it. Then typical Creed got pulled away from Bunn & given to Pak who had NO ideas for him beyond using him as comedy relief and a loser to hype Warpath & Logan. Especially the latter. ALL of Bunn's work undone, wasted, and now moot what with Creed being reset to the status quo because we need Logan to beat up on him again. Even The Joker gets respect as a character who can stand on his own without being glued to Batman's ass. But with Creed, Wolverine's punching-bag is all he's about. And Rosenberg seems to be heading in that exact direction.

The only thing I didn't like was Monet's Bunncanny costume...
    RCO015_1468868251.jpg
    That never grew on me.

I think her X-Men volume 4 suit was a bit better.
    Costumes (9).jpg

I can't wait until we get to Emma & Mystique to see how he may screw them up.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 04-23-2019 at 04:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I didn't read Bunn, but Bendis Uncanny was fun, even if it lost direction
    The only good about the Bendis run was Magik getting focus.....that was IT

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The X-Men are going to blow up both Krakoa and the Savage Land. They discovered the damn things for the modern day, they will cement their legacy by turning them to ash.
    Know what would (will?) be funny? The entire list crossed out with the exception of "Find the X-Men".

I do not know the others, but from Uncanny X-Men I expect much more than "Ok".

It should not be normal for something like Superior Spider-man to be much better than the most important mutant comic.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    It was good up until the Dark Beast reveal. Then it sort of wandered around for the rest of the run and self destructed with the Will of Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    i didn't love it at first, and bachelo's art is my least favorite art, but read as a whole, Bendis' run is actually pretty enjoyable. The art is still bad, but the run itself is better read as a whole instead of having to wait a month for things to be drawn out