Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

That Whilce Portacio image of older Cable is obviously from Major X, so it isn’t in the present day. But the other pic looks like Kid Cable, I’m assuming, being overrun by the T-O virus. Is it just me, or is Cable being eaten by his T-O virus kind of played out at this point? What was the point of making him a kid if all they’re going to do is rehash the same stuff that OG Cable was going through in his solo prior to being “retired” by his younger self in Extermination?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Is it just me, or is Cable being eaten by his T-O virus kind of played out at this point? What was the point of making him a kid if all they’re going to do is rehash the same stuff that OG Cable was going through in his solo prior to being “retired” by his younger self in Extermination?
    That's exactly the point. Rehash old plotlines, this time with the characters being young.

Ah. Well that sounds lame.

BANNED

Pretty boring narratives from both men. Nothing much were revealed ....

I had a nightmare Major X was going to be on the Uncanny cover and I got Wolverine on his ass, awkwardly waving his claws around while people step on him and Cyclops is trying to penetrate.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

(Uncanny X-Men #22)

Don’t look directly at it.
    Did people finally rember carbonadium exists, and can negate healing factors and made bullets out of it. Now just make weapons out of anti metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Did people finally rember carbonadium exists, and can negate healing factors and made bullets out of it. Now just make weapons out of anti metal.
    I believe the ability to produce carbonadium was lost. (I vaguely remember this being addressed in Wolverine: Origins.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I believe the ability to produce carbonadium was lost. (I vaguely remember this being addressed in Wolverine: Origins.)
    Ok what about anti metal is that still a thing or was it retconed away because it existing nerf's the wolverine clan/pack/family..

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I thought they went with a good set of questions this week, a nice change of pace from the usual "When are we going to see character X again?".

jordan is right, power creep is hard to rein in when it's the result of decades of x-editor incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I thought they went with a good set of questions this week, a nice change of pace from the usual "When are we going to see character X again?".
    this is true

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Ok what about anti metal is that still a thing or was it retconed away because it existing nerf's the wolverine clan/pack/family..
    Sorry, I have no answer for that one, I don't think I've ever heard of anti metal.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I like that panel with the Marauders. Vertigo is such a hipster.

The rest of the interview... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really liked the casual dressed Marauders.

But what about Malice using Polaris body?

Is it a flashback?

So I see Malice-possessed Lorna standing next to Vertigo.

As I've said before, while I don't like Lorna in something other than her iconic costume or a variation of it, I'm completely okay with it in cases where it makes sense. This is one of those cases where I'm okay with it given the context (and it would actually be silly and wrong for her to be in her iconic costume given said context).

The above is preliminary though, pending further details. As I said with Vita Ayala (whose writing appears to be good; again, it's concept usage matters that I have an issue with, not their writing), I need to see and know more before I can say whether it'll be good, bad, average, whatever.

I can say I'm glad in general that they're acknowledging her Malice history. But acknowledging her Genosha history is far more important. I also hope this is a step toward acknowledging that Lorna's history goes back to 1968; at the very least, it's recognizing her character has more history than the early 1990s on after.

From past experience, using Malice-possessed Lorna is going to upset other Lorna fans. I simultaneously hope how it's used here assuages their concerns, and makes me glad that I was interested in and supportive of Marvel doing more with it.

Finally, I don't know where the image comes from. If it's from something Rosenberg is writing, I'm going to have some hesitation but try to be considerate enough to hold my tongue until I see more. Try to be fairer like I should've been to Peter David when Lorna went back to him earlier this decade. If it's something Rosenberg is writing and Havok is taking part in it, I'm going to have some major issues with it. That's all I'll say on that point for now.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)