Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    This is obviously only my opinion, but I will preface this by saying that I thought Infinity War was a better movie. This is not because End Game is bad by any means, but the beginning feels a little disjointed to me and the middle at times feels like the reigns were given to another director and screenwriter and the tone shifted to something comporable to Thor: Ragnarok, which was unexpected and didn't really fit into the narrative that the last act of the movie was headed towards. The last hour of the movie totally saved it for me and made the entire journey worth it.

The movie starts off almost seamlessy with where Infinity War and its end credit scene end, but it is never explained how Carol finds Tony. Are we to assume that she was sent by the Avengers to go out and search for him or did she just happen upon him and bring him back on a recon mission or what was going on? This does not really matter in the overall plot, but it was a question I asked myself that was never answered.

And in reference to my comment about the tonal shift, I felt like the almost the entire "time heist" portion of the movie and the Lebowski Thor was pure comedy, which kind of took me out of the movie. There were sweet moments, like the interactions between Tony and his father, but overall it was my least favorite part of the movie. It was also very difficult for me to enjoy Thor in this movie, as he was almost unrecognizable to me as a character. I understand a lot of people like the direction that Ragnarok took Thor in, but this was too much for me. Yes, I laughed, but I found Thor to be quite obnoxious as he let himself go and was so blinded by his failure and loss that he almost couldn't function as a character and was essentialy only played for laughs.

I also think that, unfortunately, Natasha's death was handled just as poorly as Gamora's and didn't move me at all. The constant back and forth between Clint and Natasha, fighting over who gets to sacrifice themselves came across as very silly and actually made people in my showing laugh. I think it went on too long and was quite overexaggerated. I do think sometimes less is more and handling these scenes a little more subtly would have been more effective. The death of an original Avenger should affect the audience more than what it did.

I want to say that I loved the final battle and how all characters got a moment or several moments to shine. But Wanda by far, had me cheering the most. She got her chance for revenge and retribution. When she told Thanos "you took everything from me" and her eyes lit up and the fight ensued I was so excited. And Thanos responding, "I don't know you" and she threatening him with "You will" was so satisfying. It was fantastic.

The ending left me satisfied and eventhough it pains me to have lost Tony, I feel like he died a noble and heroic death and left behind a lasting legacy fitting for the character. I am excited to see what the MCU has in store for us in the future.

Pros:
    - The dusted returning
    - A-Force
    - Wanda fighting Thanos
    - Cap wielding Mjolnir
    - satisfying ending for most if not all characters
    - I have new found respect for Rocket and Nebula
    - gives a lot of hints for things to come in the future
    - unpredictible
    - epic battle that raised the bar once again for comic book action scenes
    - Thanos got what was coming to him

Cons:
    - disjointed beginning
    - Carol is not as prominent as promised and still comes off a little unlikeable
    - jarring tonal shift
    - Thor essentially being reduced to comic relief
    - Natasha's death was not handled well and many people in my showing laughed
    Captain Marvel arrives after the snap. If you watched the post credit scene in Captain Marvel, you remember. Rocket knew the Guardians at least went to Knowhere first. And he should at least know about Titan. Perhaps he helped Captain Marvel track down his friends by pointing her in the right direction, and by proxy Tony was found. I dunno, but it didn't seem like a huge hurdle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Captain Marvel arrives after the snap. If you watched the post credit scene in Captain Marvel, you remember. Rocket knew the Guardians at least went to Knowhere first. And he should at least know about Titan. Perhaps he helped Captain Marvel track down his friends by pointing her in the right direction, and by proxy Tony was found. I dunno, but it didn't seem like a huge hurdle to me.
    That could be. Perhaps Rocket was just tracking the Milano to see if he could track down anyone on his team and it was all just a big coincidence and fortuitous for the Avengers that Tony and Nebula were together.

Fantastic Member

Captian Marvel absent for most part is because that she is too powerful. though it’s a lazy move to simply remove her from the team for reason like “now you crisis is done so I’m going back to the Universe and mind my own business. Bye-bye!”. Captain Marvel is a superhero too she should care about the half universe that being wiped-out. Marvel should give her better motivation to go back to the universe like track the lost infinity stones or something clingy to the main plot of the movie. The characterization In this movie are in fact below average MCU standard, Cap and Tony are the only two exceptions. I don’t understand why critics rate the End Game higher than Infinity war. To me, infinity war is a much better movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPresley21 View Post
    cAs far as the Cap situation I am assuming its obvious that once he goes backs in time and is either stuck or just stays on his own that he know that he can't do anything in the past because if he does that it could change the enter history of the world and have great consequences.
    Since we already know Peggy had a different husband and child(ren?) with that person, it's hard to argue Steve is concerned about not changing the past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Cons:
    - Carol is not as prominent as promised and still comes off a little unlikeable
    I think fans were the only ones promising great prominence for Carol in this movie.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Since we already know Peggy had a different husband and child(ren?) with that person, it's hard to argue Steve is concerned about not changing the past.
    It’s more like Cap created a new universe with a new Peggy in it at the point he jumped back and decided to stay. It is said in the movie the past could not the changed since time-stream, to every human, is one-dimensional.

BANNED

This sounds to me like it may be the last Marvel movie I watch, perhaps. I was looking forward to GotH now that Gunn is back, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange of course, and perhaps Spider-man, though his arc in the broader storyline of the MCU is pretty much non-existent. They just keep making up reasons for him to be in the film - kind of like Venom in Spider-man 3 randomly landing from outer space 10 feet from the only superhero in the world.

But now Thor is mixed up with the Guardians, and that's just a painful reminder of everything Thor is not. Watching a third Guardians film with Thor only risks spoiling good memories of the first two films. Black Panther I enjoyed but have no curiosity about his next adventure for some reason. Kind of the same with Captain Marvel. Perhaps Endgame will change my mind about both these films.

Doctor Strange is the only character I really find terribly compelling and will probably make an effort to see that one. The others perhaps I'll catch on Disney+ if I subscribe to it.

Things could change. Marvel has a habit of making compelling movies where few believed it was possible to do, but it feels kind of liberating to know that there aren't three MCU movies a year I feel obligated to see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    It’s more like Cap created a new universe with a new Peggy in it at the point he jumped back and decided to stay. It is said in the movie the past could not the changed since time-stream, to every human, is one-dimensional.
    Sooo...then I guess there's no future for Steve to have reservations about changing to great consequences then. It's all new.

But even if not, it's hard to believe that Cap would not go rescuing Bucky now that he knows what happened to him, or take steps to prevent the destruction of Sokovia.

Fantastic Member

Sooo...then I guess there's no future for Steve to have reservations about changing to great consequences then. It's all new.

But even if not, it's hard to believe that Cap would not go rescuing Bucky now that he knows what happened to him, or take steps to prevent the destruction of Sokovia.
    We didn’t know. And even if Cap saved Bucky in his future time line, the Bucky in the past we’ve seen from winter solider and civil war could not be changed since it already happened.

Time travel in End Game is different from how it works in movies like day of the future past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magnusilver View Post
    We didn’t know. And even if Cap saved Bucky in his future time line, the Bucky in the past we’ve seen from winter solider and civil war could not be changed since it already happened.

Time travel in End Game is different from how it works in movies like day of the future past.
    Still, I can't imagine Steve will be anxious to let Bucky rot in Hydra's clutches in Steve's current timeline.

Will be interesting to see how this explanation of time travel is reconciled with the various times we saw it used in Doctor Strange, or for that matter in Infinity War. Is there a suggestion that there's a timeline where Thanos was defeated because he never got the mind stone before it was destroyed?

Bah. I'm already guilty of what I dislike most in others, nitpicking the plot instead of enjoying the experience. Nevermind.

Personally I thought it was a good movie but not great. Something was missing from it.

Pros:
    - Wanda getting her revenge
    - Ant-Man
    - Interactions from Tony and his dad
    - Good emotional moments
    - Good moments when everyone gets back
    - Jeremy Renner & Tessa Thompson

Cons:
    - Thor not being serious
    - Deaths were predictable.
    - Felt disjointed
    - Cap not moving on. Like dude, you created a lot of issues.
    - Quips and forced comic relief when I felt it didn't need it

I felt BW's death was going to happen when she started to talking about family, and I knew Tony was going to bite it, it was either him or Cap. Would have thought Bucky would have been the new Captain America but happy with the direction they took in that.

Honestly though while this was a better movie, I had more fun with Shazam.

I think fans were the only ones promising great prominence for Carol in this movie.
    I'm pretty sure it was stated by Kevin Feige and the Russos that Carol would have a prominent and vital part in End Game. Sure, she was basically the reason why they won (since she was physically strong enough to restrain and distract Thanos), but that wasn't what I was expecting or what I thought they meant by those comments.

Mighty Member

All I want to know is:
    Did Loki stay dead?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    All I want to know is:
    Did Loki stay dead?
    It seems that way, although past Loki appears.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    All I want to know is:
    Did Loki stay dead?
    Since he wasn't killed with the Stones, he stays dead.