Page 31 of 110 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 1645
  1. #451
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Not sure what the general consensus is about this movie...I am not reading 30 pages...but this movie was a huge disappointment for me. It seemed sloppy and rushed...even though it was 3 hours!

    If you are going to do a time travel story, it needs to make sense. This just did not make sense to me.

    I hate to be negative, I really do...but damn, this was a let down

  2. #452
    Astonishing Member protege's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chandler az
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    Trying to explain the ending to a friend who just saw the movie, which is interesting because I haven’t- but it brought up an interesting question; did loki’s Escape at the battle of New York alter the ending of the first movie in any significant way?

  3. #453
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,631

    Default

    Probably not, I think they were going with the time travel changes creates alternate realities but doesn’t effect ‘your’ future. Though escaped ‘alternate’ Loki could pop up in future movies...

  4. #454
    Mighty Member C_Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    I really didn’t care for it. I didn’t hate it and there were a lot of moments that I genuinely enjoyed, but as a whole I didn’t like it. Maybe this is a dumb reason to not like a movie, but it felt like it really broke the MCU to the point where I don’t really care about anything after this. Projects I was excited for, I now couldn’t care less. I feel like I’m going to go see Spider-Man and it’ll be like I’m showing up to a party that ended two hours ago. So many projects that have been announced have now been guaranteed to be prequels, which I couldn’t care less about.

    I don’t know. I spent my entire adult life so far getting excited about the latest Marvel movie and let’s be honest, I probably still will. But none of the slate interests me and that’s really coloring my opinion. I’ll probably watch it again knowing what’s coming and like it more. This may be the one movie I really wish I was spoiled on.

  5. #455
    Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Absolutely adore this film so much to go over and I was thoroughly entertained throughout sorry for jumping around.
    Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch getting there own moments to overpower Thanos was oh so satisfying especially considering they are powered by the stones he craves so much.
    I'm always happy to see a well adjusted Banner and accepted Hulk after all their fights, and him trying to dab for kids was endearing. Hulk trying to help Thor as the god of thunder did for him was a bittersweet moment. I'm gonna miss that bromance. I appreciated Hulk holding up the wreckage like in Secret Wars and is the one durable enough to use the Gauntlet.
    I want Thor to trash talk me over any video game and that he, and Tony get to talk to a parent of there's was so sweet. And dual wielding Thor was a sight to behold as much as Cap comboing his shield with it. I related to Thor desperately wanting to do something big to make up for what he thinks is his mistake.
    Speaking of Tony, I really felt his emotion when he was lashing out on Cap even though I didn't particularly agree with him and his final stand was awesome! His funeral really showed how expansive this 20+ film franchise has become.
    I actually wished they explained the time travel less so we can get to the rest of the movie.
    Loki impersonating Cap will always be hilarious.
    We got the og Ant-Man helmet in Pym's lab.
    Valkyrie fighting on her pegasus.
    Cap outsmarting the Hydra agents in the elevator.
    Black Widow looking for fight and accepting the fate of the soul stone was heartbreaking and she was sorely missed during the awesome "A-Force" scene that would not quit.
    Nebula physically killing her past self was a wonderfully on the nose scene.
    Kinda wished Dr. Strange got more to do as his fight with Thanos in IW is one of my favorite fights ever but him summoning ALL THE WARRIORS is epic.
    Ant-Man just clocking out a space whale was glorious.
    Spider-Man continuing being a polite, humble kid in this world full of confident/grief-striken adults is very welcomed.
    Rocket/Nebula and later Wanda/Barton sharing a moment to grieve was touching.
    Steve and Peggy finally getting that dance broke me. Cap following Sam's lead in dealing with his own trauma by helping others in support group was a nice call back to Sam asking what Cap would do if Steve wasn't enlisted in WS. Bucky encouraging Sam to talk to Steve first was heartwarming and Sam getting the Shield and saying he would do his best and Cap's reply was great.
    Love this film, so many emotions, I eagerly await to rewatch it.

  6. #456
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    The rules suggest that this reality does indeed branch when Lang takes the Mind Stone back, but Cap will return that and close that branch. Loki himself at that moment has no way of branching the timeline. Just holding the Space Stone and using it won’t do this. I really don’t expect the TV show to be an alternative reality. It would give people the excuse not to watch it and fail on the promise that the Disney shows will be important.



    Pretty sure the only reason we see Loki grab the Tesseract is so that the show can explore his story. My bet is it will result in a plan that stops him from dying in Infinity War.



    Exactly. This is just a seed.
    I don’t think you can just close a branch. Once it’s created, it exists.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  7. #457
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I really didn’t care for it. I didn’t hate it and there were a lot of moments that I genuinely enjoyed, but as a whole I didn’t like it. Maybe this is a dumb reason to not like a movie, but it felt like it really broke the MCU to the point where I don’t really care about anything after this. Projects I was excited for, I now couldn’t care less. I feel like I’m going to go see Spider-Man and it’ll be like I’m showing up to a party that ended two hours ago. So many projects that have been announced have now been guaranteed to be prequels, which I couldn’t care less about.

    I don’t know. I spent my entire adult life so far getting excited about the latest Marvel movie and let’s be honest, I probably still will. But none of the slate interests me and that’s really coloring my opinion. I’ll probably watch it again knowing what’s coming and like it more. This may be the one movie I really wish I was spoiled on.

    I know how you feel. I was wondering today how you go anywhere meaningful from this.

    Now if we countdown out that the hammering at the end of Endgame was Don forging his own armour, that might be something. But my fear now is without its biggest drawcards the MCU will be like a tv show that should have wrapped after five seasons but kept churning out snother 50 episodes that weren’t that good but the studio wanted to milk it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Not sure what the general consensus is about this movie...I am not reading 30 pages...but this movie was a huge disappointment for me. It seemed sloppy and rushed...even though it was 3 hours!

    If you are going to do a time travel story, it needs to make sense. This just did not make sense to me.

    I hate to be negative, I really do...but damn, this was a let down
    I felt a bit the same right after. Didn’t think Thor got his due and Carol was just WAY OP. Like, where the hell was she for the last 10 years when Thanos is terrorising the universe?

    But I’m going to see it again before I completely decide.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-26-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  8. #458
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Absolutely adore this film so much to go over and I was thoroughly entertained throughout sorry for jumping around.
    Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch getting there own moments to overpower Thanos was oh so satisfying especially considering they are powered by the stones he craves so much.
    I'm always happy to see a well adjusted Banner and accepted Hulk after all their fights, and him trying to dab for kids was endearing. Hulk trying to help Thor as the god of thunder did for him was a bittersweet moment. I'm gonna miss that bromance. I appreciated Hulk holding up the wreckage like in Secret Wars and is the one durable enough to use the Gauntlet.
    I want Thor to trash talk me over any video game and that he, and Tony get to talk to a parent of there's was so sweet. And dual wielding Thor was a sight to behold as much as Cap comboing his shield with it. I related to Thor desperately wanting to do something big to make up for what he thinks is his mistake.
    Speaking of Tony, I really felt his emotion when he was lashing out on Cap even though I didn't particularly agree with him and his final stand was awesome! His funeral really showed how expansive this 20+ film franchise has become.
    I actually wished they explained the time travel less so we can get to the rest of the movie.
    Loki impersonating Cap will always be hilarious.
    We got the og Ant-Man helmet in Pym's lab.
    Valkyrie fighting on her pegasus.
    Cap outsmarting the Hydra agents in the elevator.
    Black Widow looking for fight and accepting the fate of the soul stone was heartbreaking and she was sorely missed during the awesome "A-Force" scene that would not quit.
    Nebula physically killing her past self was a wonderfully on the nose scene.
    Kinda wished Dr. Strange got more to do as his fight with Thanos in IW is one of my favorite fights ever but him summoning ALL THE WARRIORS is epic.
    Ant-Man just clocking out a space whale was glorious.
    Spider-Man continuing being a polite, humble kid in this world full of confident/grief-striken adults is very welcomed.
    Rocket/Nebula and later Wanda/Barton sharing a moment to grieve was touching.
    Steve and Peggy finally getting that dance broke me. Cap following Sam's lead in dealing with his own trauma by helping others in support group was a nice call back to Sam asking what Cap would do if Steve wasn't enlisted in WS. Bucky encouraging Sam to talk to Steve first was heartwarming and Sam getting the Shield and saying he would do his best and Cap's reply was great.
    Love this film, so many emotions, I eagerly await to rewatch it.
    Strange and Tony are the real badass heroes of this story. Strange letting things play out and knowing when NOT to act makes him truely awesome.

    I did think Thor got nerfed a bit here. He was taking out whole drop ships with one swing in Infinity War. With hammer and axe he should have been much more impressive.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  9. #459
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Trying to explain the ending to a friend who just saw the movie, which is interesting because I haven’t- but it brought up an interesting question; did loki’s Escape at the battle of New York alter the ending of the first movie in any significant way?
    Apparently not, that is now a seperate reality/timeline.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  10. #460
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    717

    Default

    So at tony’s Funeral I didn’t get a chance to fully look at the youngish guy in front of Ross black jacket white shirt stood by himself. Can anyone help me out it’s directing me insane. About to go through every page in this thread and see if the answer is there

  11. #461
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Absolutely adore this film so much to go over and I was thoroughly entertained throughout sorry for jumping around.
    Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch getting there own moments to overpower Thanos was oh so satisfying especially considering they are powered by the stones he craves so much.
    I'm always happy to see a well adjusted Banner and accepted Hulk after all their fights, and him trying to dab for kids was endearing. Hulk trying to help Thor as the god of thunder did for him was a bittersweet moment. I'm gonna miss that bromance. I appreciated Hulk holding up the wreckage like in Secret Wars and is the one durable enough to use the Gauntlet.
    I want Thor to trash talk me over any video game and that he, and Tony get to talk to a parent of there's was so sweet. And dual wielding Thor was a sight to behold as much as Cap comboing his shield with it. I related to Thor desperately wanting to do something big to make up for what he thinks is his mistake.
    Speaking of Tony, I really felt his emotion when he was lashing out on Cap even though I didn't particularly agree with him and his final stand was awesome! His funeral really showed how expansive this 20+ film franchise has become.
    I actually wished they explained the time travel less so we can get to the rest of the movie.
    Loki impersonating Cap will always be hilarious.
    We got the og Ant-Man helmet in Pym's lab.
    Valkyrie fighting on her pegasus.
    Cap outsmarting the Hydra agents in the elevator.
    Black Widow looking for fight and accepting the fate of the soul stone was heartbreaking and she was sorely missed during the awesome "A-Force" scene that would not quit.
    Nebula physically killing her past self was a wonderfully on the nose scene.
    Kinda wished Dr. Strange got more to do as his fight with Thanos in IW is one of my favorite fights ever but him summoning ALL THE WARRIORS is epic.
    Ant-Man just clocking out a space whale was glorious.
    Spider-Man continuing being a polite, humble kid in this world full of confident/grief-striken adults is very welcomed.
    Rocket/Nebula and later Wanda/Barton sharing a moment to grieve was touching.
    Steve and Peggy finally getting that dance broke me. Cap following Sam's lead in dealing with his own trauma by helping others in support group was a nice call back to Sam asking what Cap would do if Steve wasn't enlisted in WS. Bucky encouraging Sam to talk to Steve first was heartwarming and Sam getting the Shield and saying he would do his best and Cap's reply was great.
    Love this film, so many emotions, I eagerly await to rewatch it.
    All that got to you and you dont even metion the happy and Morgan stark scene at the end on the porch? For whatever reason that got to me those most. I took it as, I took care of your dad for a long time and now I'm gonna take care of you. Iono I was misty eyed a few times in the movie that scene got the tears rolling

  12. #462
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It had nothing to do with Bucky being Cap instead. I just would have preferred more interaction between those two than between Steve and Sam. Minor complaint, but it's the only one I have.
    Bucky is White Wolf in the MCU, so Sam was the only logical choice.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  13. #463
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Attachment 81685

    This is how I see the timeline in Endgame.

    Top: during the battle we have four branches in the past and one of those branches sends a divergent Thanos, here called Thanos2 through a quantum tunnel, into the battle in 2024.

    Bottom: Once Steve has gone back and replaced each stone the branches all collapse. because he stays in the past, he makes changes to the timeline. I expect Loki will also make changes to the timeline, and of course Thanos2 made changes to the timeline. Each of these will continue to have an effect on things from that point on. These are not branches because the stones remain in their correct places.
    No, that doesn’t work.

    At the very least, the timeline Nebula, Rhodes, Natasha and Clint go to CANNOT reinterpreted because Thanos and all his minions were killed before the events of GOTG. Returning those stones allows them to do their cosmic job but it doesn’t merge the timelines because it’s paradoxically impossible.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  14. #464
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    So at tony’s Funeral I didn’t get a chance to fully look at the youngish guy in front of Ross black jacket white shirt stood by himself. Can anyone help me out it’s directing me insane. About to go through every page in this thread and see if the answer is there
    It’s the kid from Iron Man 3. I didn’t get it at the time either.

    Looking at the funeral scene I was thinking, “Damn, Carol has no friends at all.” LOL
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  15. #465
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Couple interesting things about power levels.

    Wanda basically bodied Thanos without the stones, he had to call for help to escape her power.

    Captain Marvel has more physical strength than Thanos in the movie, he only overpowered her once he took the power stone for a boost to slap her back before putting it back on the glove.
    Wanda also has her powers from an Infinity Stone, which was the reason she could destroy the Mind Stone in Infinity War
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •