Page 110 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    How is it not his Peggy? He went back to his peggy but his presence woulda created a new timeline with her and him. It's not a alternate reality peggy it's his Peggy. It's just not the old cenile Peggy he watched die, to him that's not his Peggy if you ask me.
    A new changed timeline, which overrides the old timeline is fine. I just don't like two time lines. But Peggy still has a mysterious Husband, so I like that it ws always Cap going back. Seems more eloquent to me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

How is it not his Peggy? He went back to his peggy but his presence woulda created a new timeline with her and him. It's not a alternate reality peggy it's his Peggy. It's just not the old cenile Peggy he watched die, to him that's not his Peggy if you ask me.
    If it's an alternate timeline then it's an alternate Peggy. A Peggy who lived the same life, but not the actual one he met. The Cap who met Peggy in that timeline is the one who is currently frozen while they are living together. If that's the same Steve it's a lot cleaner because it's just the same guy who is living out his natural lifecycle, just with him in the past.

1) Going with the writers on this. If you can't trust a writer named McFeely who CAN you trust?

2) I'm just going to assume Steve returned the Time Stone last, and before he left The Ancient One told him either he had to return to the past and live out his life with Peggy, fulfilling a predestination loop, or she told him he had the option to and he took it.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If it's an alternate timeline then it's an alternate Peggy. A Peggy who lived the same life, but not the actual one he met. The Cap who met Peggy in that timeline is the one who is currently frozen while they are living together. If that's the same Steve it's a lot cleaner because it's just the same guy who is living out his natural lifecycle, just with him in the past.
    When you travel back you are traveling to your past not an alternate timeline. As soon as something is changed you branch off. So he goes back to his Peggy the one he was suppose to dance with. The time line would then branch off and yes she will never become the Old lady he met in TWS. But again that lady is a stranger to him hes not losing anything. He went back to the Peggy he knew and lived a full life... it's his Peggy. He didn't jump to an alternate dimension and meet a different Peggy. It's his Peggy before she went on to live a life without him and become a women he doesnt know anyway.

When you travel back you are traveling to your past not an alternate timeline. As soon as something is changed you branch off. So he goes back to his Peggy the one he was suppose to dance with. The time line would then branch off and yes she will never become the Old lady he met in TWS. But again that lady is a stranger to him hes not losing anything. He went back to the Peggy he knew and lived a full life... it's his Peggy. He didn't jump to an alternate dimension and meet a different Peggy. It's his Peggy before she went on to live a life without him and become a women he doesnt know anyway.
    Brain... exploding... please.... stop....
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

If its the same timeline with Peggy, then did Steve actually romantically kiss his biological daughter? Some things are best not investigated too deeply.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If its the same timeline with Peggy, then did Steve actually romantically kiss his biological daughter? Some things are best not investigated too deeply.
    No. Sharon is Peggy's niece, not her daughter.

So Markus and Mcfeely did another interview and said they like the idea of Cap being in the main time line but that's just they're interpretation and understand why The directors feel the way they do. Also they say its complicated because of Quantum Physics lol and that in canon there isnt a clear answer.......yet. sounds like they probaly got a ear full for contradicting the Russos and came out and softened their stance. Also they stated Nebula knew that Gamora died getting the soul stone but didnt know it was a requirement and that's why she didnt warn Clint and Nat. Sorry I'd link the interview but I'm on the phone and on the run.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Of course she wouldn’t know. Why would anybody think she did?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Of course she wouldn’t know. Why would anybody think she did?
    A bunch of people bitched about why Nebula didnt warn Clint and Nat. I think because what Thanos says on Titans people assume Nebula put everything together. They basicaly telling people that assumption was wrong. But yea even on this board people were asking why Nebula didnt give them a heads up. I assume people just connected some dots in they're head that Nebula never did.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    2) I'm just going to assume Steve returned the Time Stone last, and before he left The Ancient One told him either he had to return to the past and live out his life with Peggy, fulfilling a predestination loop, or she told him he had the option to and he took it.
    Or Steve returned the tesseract last. He travel back to WW2, hooked up with Peggy, lived life as Captain America until that day in 1970. Tony takes the original tesseract, Steve finally returns the borrowed tesseract moments later, the time branch is cut off. Old Steve returns to the present with the memories of his life with Peggy that no one else has, since time was returned to standard. And he returns to Wakanda to get a replacement shield before sneaking to the bench.
    Sounds perfect.

So Markus and Mcfeely did another interview and said they like the idea of Cap being in the main time line but that's just they're interpretation and understand why The directors feel the way they do. Also they say its complicated because of Quantum Physics lol and that in canon there isnt a clear answer.......yet. sounds like they probaly got a ear full for contradicting the Russos and came out and softened their stance. Also they stated Nebula knew that Gamora died getting the soul stone but didnt know it was a requirement and that's why she didnt warn Clint and Nat. Sorry I'd link the interview but I'm on the phone and on the run.
    Directors trump writers, like I said lol

Actually if you travel to the past everything in the past has already happened so it is impossible to change the past because you being there has already happened so everything works out as it should.

That is from the Discworld series. Pratchet knew his stuff.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Directors trump writers, like I said lol
    That's what I've been saying for awhile now.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Actually if you travel to the past everything in the past has already happened so it is impossible to change the past because you being there has already happened so everything works out as it should.

That is from the Discworld series. Pratchet knew his stuff.
    That's cool and some time travel stories work like that. I prefer that in stories. Time all happened at once we just experience it linear. So anything time travel related was always suppose to happen. You just didnt know it because of the way we experice time. Anyway The directors of these movies said changing the past creates branching timelines. People can say whatever they want the only persons opinion who holds more weight then The Russos on they're movies is Kevin Feiges. Hes the only single person with more creative control(If he wants to flex it)
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-17-2019 at 08:00 PM.

That's what I've been saying for awhile now.
    Yes, you have.