Page 115 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1811

Most of the MCU, Cap is my favorite.

But the honor in this movie goes to the Credible Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    One more question (and forgive me for not scouring 114 pages for it): Where did Old Steve get a bright, shiny shield to give the Falcon?

Last I remember, the one he had looked like the second-most popular pizza on the buffet when Thanos was done with it. That's before we even talk about Cap not taking it into the past with him.
    Changing the past doesn't change the present, that didn't stop old man Steve from keeping his shield for the duration of the battle while his shield was shattered, so there were two shields for the sake of passing the legacy to Sam Wilson. I think it's an alternate timeline that crossed in with the main story's timeline.

I think I just explained how they can use Kang effectively for the MCU, but I'd rather they avoid using that time travelling maniac.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 08-18-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    How much game has 100+ year old Cap got?

He looks all aged and frail by the lake. Nonetheless, he sneaks into property with nobody realizing he's there.

Stark's place. The hyper-paranoid, infinitely resourced Stark. Who built a house for his wife and child. That he loves more than life.

Just gotta think getting a lakeside view there without permission is no small feat.

So was Steve sandbagging?
    They weren't at Tony's home, though. They were at the Avengers Compound (Thanos must have missed a few storage sheds). Assuming they had any defenses at all, Cap could have simply remembered the codes.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, he does a bit. Some of the jokes are just weak, others are okay. IMHO, while Spidey doesn't joke as much (and to be fair, in the comics, he does shut up when things get serious, which does happen a lot in the movies), the movies are still humorous, so it still works.
    The movies are still humorous (because, well, they're Marvel movies) but I don't think it feels genuinely Spidey the way they approach the humor. At least compared to other takes or compared to other heroes in the movies.
    His humor is more situational. It creates a similar tone to the source material in a different way.
    I think it completley changes the humor dynamic with Spidey, personally, but that's me.

It becomes more of a "laughing at him" type of thing instead of a "laughing with him" situation since he's not the one making the jokes, they're happening to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This...... it's all situational. Same thing with Thor. Thor isnt out there making non stop wise cracks and jokes. It's all situational. Garfield had the quipping down perfect but I'll take Holand in every other category
    Garfield had a better Spider-Man personality. Holland doesn't really have one.

So he's a good Peter Parker but I've never really been able to buy him as Spidey.

Thor shouldn't really be a wise-cracker or a joke farm but that's kind of what they've made Hemsworth's Thor into.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They weren't at Tony's home, though. They were at the Avengers Compound (Thanos must have missed a few storage sheds). Assuming they had any defenses at all, Cap could have simply remembered the codes.
    Speaking of Avengers Compound, is it going to be a tradition now for Avengers bases to get blown up at some point every couple of movies?

I'm surprised the compound lasted longer then Avengers Tower did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It becomes more of a "laughing at him" type of thing instead of a "laughing with him" situation since he's not the one making the jokes, they're happening to him.

Garfield does indeed have a much more accurate early Spider-Man vibe. The thing is, Garfield wasn't popular. Comic Spider-Man is a reformed fame-whoring douchebag turned angry vigilante. Comicbook Spider-Man can get away with being that in print being the printed word adds another layer of distance between character and reader. So we can brush aside that this is someone who is fundamentally not a good person mostly forcing himself to behave as a good person for the sake of his uncle's memory, and laugh as that leftover inner douchebag comes out in the form of quips.

On the screen, though, it is very in-your-face who Spider-Man is. Garfield's very naked, realistic portrayal of who Parker is inside is much less palatable on screen than it is in a comic. In a movie, Spider-Man as Innocence-Incarnate simply works better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Garfield does indeed have a much more accurate early Spider-Man vibe. The thing is, Garfield wasn't popular. Comic Spider-Man is a reformed fame-whoring douchebag turned angry vigilante. Comicbook Spider-Man can get away with being that in print being the printed word adds another layer of distance between character and reader. So we can brush aside that this is someone who is fundamentally not a good person mostly forcing himself to behave as a good person for the sake of his uncle's memory, and laugh as that leftover inner douchebag comes out in the form of quips. .
    Wow, that's an unfairly dark interpretation of Spidey

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    1) The directors didn't write the story

2) The directors shot an entirely new scene for the explicit purpose of emphasizing that there are no alternate timelines.

But I agree, let's move on.
    I dont think its that there are no alternate timelines, it's that you can't change *your* timeline. The Avengers travel through history stealing stuff; each time they do they create a branching history, independent of their own. So there was a timeline where the time stone wasn't there to stop Dormammu (or however the hell its spelled) in Dr. Strange, and a timeline where Thanos disappeared in 2014 and never returned. But those aren't the Avengers' timeline; the "main" timeline doesn't change.

Once Steve put the stones back where/when they belong, those alternate branches shut down and ceased to exist. That's why the Ancient One was willing to give Hulk the time stone. By giving the stone to Banner she was condemning an entire reality, quadrillions of lives, to doom at the hands of Dormammu (no time stone = Strange can't stop him), but she was trusting Hulk (and Strange's plan) to put the stone back where it belonged so that timeline never happened.

Of course, this means the Loki who escaped with the space stone is still out there, because that branch in reality was never fixed. So there *is* a leftover alternate timeline out there.

As for the directors.....I got nothing but love for the Russo brothers, they've made basically all my favorite MCU films. But art does not have a single answer, each viewer brings their own interpretation to it. For example, a lot of us thought in Infinity War that the Hulk was scared to fight Thanos again after getting his ass beat. The Russos say he was just tired of saving Banner. That's what they intended to convey, but the people who see a scared Hulk aren't wrong. So what the Russo's say about alternate timelines and whether Steve married "his" Peggy or another timeline's version.....it doesn't matter.

Actually, on that matter there's no evidence at all to prove "main" Peggy's husband *wasn't* Steve. We never see photos of Peggy's husband, she never mentions him by name, and when we see her in Winter Soldier her mind has gone. Steve could have married "his" Peggy, made up a new name to live under, and MCU history unfolds in the exact same way. Even Old Peggy's talk with Steve in Winter Soldier doesn't disprove this; she's a highly unreliable narrator. All Peggy has to do is lie about Steve being alive, and since she's a founder of SHIELD I don't think that's a problem for her.

I'm guessing "main" Peggy's husband was named Roger Stevens. And he had a beard and dark hair. And Peggy's work friends never met him. And everyone joked about how close his name was to Steve's, and how Peggy never really moved on, and how awful must that be for Roger?

Regarding Cap's shield he gives to Sam......who knows where it came from? I think the simplest solution is that it is his shield, repaired by T'Challa. We don't know how much time passed between the final battle and Steve's trip through time but we do know Tony's funeral happened in between those moments, and that probably required at least a few days to organize, if not longer. So Steve could have asked T'Challa to repair it (which likely wouldn't have taken very long all things considered, it's just a Frisbee), then put it in his room before leaving to return the stones, and (as Old Man Rogers) recovered it before meeting Sam.

He also might have taken it from one of the branching realities before shutting them down too.

Sorry for the long post. Watched the movie a couple days ago and thoughts and theories have been stirring.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-18-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Garfield does indeed have a much more accurate early Spider-Man vibe. The thing is, Garfield wasn't popular. Comic Spider-Man is a reformed fame-whoring douchebag turned angry vigilante. Comicbook Spider-Man can get away with being that in print being the printed word adds another layer of distance between character and reader. So we can brush aside that this is someone who is fundamentally not a good person mostly forcing himself to behave as a good person for the sake of his uncle's memory, and laugh as that leftover inner douchebag comes out in the form of quips.

On the screen, though, it is very in-your-face who Spider-Man is. Garfield's very naked, realistic portrayal of who Parker is inside is much less palatable on screen than it is in a comic. In a movie, Spider-Man as Innocence-Incarnate simply works better.
    I think Garfield was popular as Spider-Man. People loved that scene of him messing with those crooks that they spammed so much in trailers and promotion. It's just his Peter Parker was kind of a tool.

The quipping is more of a coping mechanism or just the Spider-Man persona taking over then it is a leftover from when he was a jerk after he got his powers. Peter had anger issues when he first started out but those got smoothed over time as he got older.

The movies are still humorous (because, well, they're Marvel movies) but I don't think it feels genuinely Spidey the way they approach the humor. At least compared to other takes or compared to other heroes in the movies.
    Have to say that they really seemed in line with the old Lee-written comics (which where Raimi's biggest influence).

I think it completley changes the humor dynamic with Spidey, personally, but that's me.
    Okay.

Don't see it that way, but can get why you'd think that.

So he's a good Peter Parker but I've never really been able to buy him as Spidey.
    Don't honestly see that.

Thor shouldn't really be a wise-cracker or a joke farm but that's kind of what they've made Hemsworth's Thor into.
    Course, Hemsworth does play joke farm Thor a lot better then he did the earlier take.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So I rented a movie this weekend. Endgame, 5.99 plus tax and Sling will give it to you for 30 days, not bad If it's a big enough movie that I missed and I'm on the fence about getting a physical.

I will go through these pages at some point but I think I enjoyed IW better but I feel you have to judge this mostly on closure and honestly it was done about as well as it could have.

2 nitpicks- I didn't like that Cap had to fight himself, that was odd. Still can't wrap my soul around that one on any level. And Valkyrie's horse! Where was it, on 'New Asgard'? There is only 1 flying horse in the MCU and really in recent movies in general. He got up to fighting speed in a hurry, where was the horse, help a brotha out.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    So I rented a movie this weekend. Endgame, 5.99 plus tax and Sling will give it to you for 30 days, not bad If it's a big enough movie that I missed and I'm on the fence about getting a physical.

I will go through these pages at some point but I think I enjoyed IW better but I feel you have to judge this mostly on closure and honestly it was done about as well as it could have.

2 nitpicks- I didn't like that Cap had to fight himself, that was odd. Still can't wrap my soul around that one on any level. And Valkyrie's horse! Where was it, on 'New Asgard'? There is only 1 flying horse in the MCU and really in recent movies in general. He got up to fighting speed in a hurry, where was the horse, help a brotha out.
    Your the first person ever if heard ask that. Of all the questions in this movie you want to know where Valkyrie was keeping her horse? Lol who knows.

Your the first person ever if heard ask that. Of all the questions in this movie you want to know where Valkyrie was keeping her horse? Lol who knows.
    What about where Valkryie was keeping all the Asguardian soldiers since between Malekith, Hela, and Thanos... they sould pretty much be wiped out lol

the respawned like the Dotrhaki lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Your the first person ever if heard ask that.
    Not even the first come to find out, on this end of the site maybe. https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-valkyrie-pegasus/

Of all the questions in this movie
    There are a lot, but also this movie was unique in getting in front of ****. 'This is the culmination of 10 years dot, dot, dot' is a good reasonable answer coupled with Banner's time travel spiel to quash most of what transpired, imo at least.

Although Brunnhilde is an actual returning character albeit in a flashback, which makes it more of a huh(?) really.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What about where Valkryie was keeping all the Asguardian soldiers since between Malekith, Hela, and Thanos... they sould pretty much be wiped out lol

the respawned like the Dotrhaki lol
    Heh, they've seen and been...through a lot. I guess commercial crab fishing off the coast of Maine is enough of a 'yea, they can all do that' for your average Asguardian refugee.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Not even the first come to find out, on this end of the site maybe. https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-valkyrie-pegasus/

There are a lot, but also this movie was unique in getting in front of ****. 'This is the culmination of 10 years dot, dot, dot' is a good reasonable answer coupled with Banner's time travel spiel to quash most of what transpired, imo at least.

Although Brunnhilde is an actual returning character albeit in a flashback, which makes it more of a huh(?) really.

Heh, they've seen and been...through a lot. I guess commercial crab fishing off the coast of Maine is enough of a 'yea, they can all do that' for your average Asguardian refugee.
    Lol I didnt know till i just googled it after reading your post that Tessa is playing the actual Brumnhilde and not a different Valkayrie like people had assumed. I think everyone thought her dead lover from the flashback was suppose to be Brunnhilde.
    But there was so much time(5years) for her to get a new horse.

The final battle with Thanos, is it me or was the film making approach reminisce of The Long Night from Game of Thrones? The screen was too dull-dark and blurry. Both the Russos and D&D should have taken a few tips from The Lord of The Rings: The Two towers when it comes to big epic battles that takes place during the night.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-19-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Spectacular Member

I kind of felt bad for characters like Mantis who only show up for the team shot and then never got any screentime during the big fight; even in passing =p