Page 15 of 121 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Because they were dusted too
    Every single one of his gang? That's pretty bad odds.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    Every single one of his gang? That's pretty bad odds.
    You think Sony wants the headache of aging half his classmates 5 years more than the rest? Easier to just say all the important ones bought the farm along with Peter.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I didn't enjoy this one half as much as Avengers:Infinity War. It had some good moments, though.
    I don’t totally agree, but I certainly enjoyed the first two acts of this movie more than the finale.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You think Sony wants the headache of aging half his classmates 5 years more than the rest? Easier to just say all the important ones bought the farm along with Peter.
    I know, that's why I find the decision to have it be a 5 year gap over a 1 year gap so baffling. Tony's daughter didn't add enough to the movie for them to f up the timeline imo.
    Last edited by EsotericFailures; 04-25-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eireannx View Post
    It was established early on that changing the past doesn’t change the present. They even discussed how killing baby Thanos would create an alternate timeline, but wouldn’t fix this timeline.

So when you brought past Gamora and past Nebula into the present, you created an alternate timeline that lacked those characters, but the current Nebula wasn’t affected because it was no longer ‘her’ as she was from this timeline. This was reinforced when Gamora met Quill because she wasn’t thevGamora

Because just like Gamora and Nebula, bringing Thanos from the past created a different timeline that lacked a Thanos and gave our timeline 2.

And that’s where they blew it. They wanted to get cute but broke the rules.

If Cap had returned through the portal and had lived out his life in another timeline, everything is fine.

But Cap being able to go back into this timeline’s past, and make changes that affect the present, such as dancing with Peggy or heck even existing is wrong.

Loved all the old timelines, especially the Hydra stuff.

In that timeline you have Loki running loose with the Tesseract. It has no bearing on the present.
    But you can bet it will. Loki has been one of the biggest selling points for the MCU. So I’m sure now they have an “out” for his death they will use it.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

In the plus column , I can FINALLY cosplay Thor without hours at the gym.

Somebody pass me another cheeseburger and loaded fries

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Sony isn't directing the movie. Marvels handling all the creative. And if Sony was they could honestly just ignore it I doubt they care about End Game
    The J-man

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    One thing that bothered me was I didn't take Black Widow's death because her movie was just announced. Took until Iron Man's funeral for me to realise it was a proper death.
    It has been long rumored that the black widow solo film would be a prequel so her death was seen as a possibility even before endgame came out.

The character is somewhat creatively limited since we know there are certain directions they can't go with character due to her fate.

Extraordinary Member

Here’s a question.

Why go to all the trouble of fixing up the ship to go looking for Thanos when Thor can just summon the bifrost?

I thought it was a great touch at Tony's funeral to have Harley Keener present -- the next generation Iron Man perhaps?

So since Edwin Jarvis had a cameo and he 1st appeared in the Agent Carter TV series does that now officially end the "Is Marvel TV canon in the MCU debate"?

BANNED

Who will die?

BANNED

INFINITY WAR: basically, if Strange tells Tony they're in the right timeline before everything that needs to happen happens, it won't happen. Strange holding up the one finger is a signal to Tony that everything that needs to happen for them to win has happened, they are in the one timeline. If Strange had told Tony before this, those things wouldn't have happened. He saw 14 million futures. He knows exactly how this needs to play out.

As for the time travel in ENDGAME, Hulk and the Ancient One make clear that you can't change the past. By changing things, you're just creating another timeline. Your past is your past, you can't change it. So even if Cap were to change things in his new life with Peggy, it wouldn't affect the main MCU timeline. The Gamora from 2014 running around in 2023 doesn't affect the Gamora we followed in GOTG 1-2 and infinity War. She still lived and died. The new Gamora is one from a different timeline. So if Cap were to change anything, it wouldn't affect the main MCU timeline.

Easiest way to explain it is this:

Main timeline: The one the MCU follows and is in now and will continue to follow.

Timeline 2:
    Everything the same up until the Battle of New York. Loki escapes with the Tesseract, Captain America and Hulk steal the Mind and Time stones. Cap later returns these stones to the moment they were taken, restoring this timeline almost to normal (Loki is still on the loose with the Tesseract).

Timeline 3: Everything the same up until "Thor: The Dark World". Rocket removes the Reality stone from Jane. Cap later returns the stone at the moment it was taken. This alternate timeline is erased and restored to the main timeline.

Timeline 4: Everything same up until the 1970's. Tony steals the Tesseract from SHIELD. Cap later returns the Tesseract. This alternate timeline is erased and restored to the main timeline.

Timeline 5: Everything same up until GOTG. Rhodey and Nebula steal the Power stone while Nat and Clint retrieve the Soul stone. The Thanos, Nebula, Gamora and Thanos's army of this timeline travel to Main Timeline, where Thanos, Nebula and Thanos's army are killed. Cap later returns the stones but this timeline goes forward without Thanos, Nebula and Gamora.

Timeline 6: Captain America goes back to the 40's and lives a long and happy life with Peggy. Cap returns to the main timeline to say farewell to Bucky and Sam after Peggy presumably dies.

As is made clear in the film, you cannot change the past. The past remains the same no matter what. The time travel rules from other movies don't apply to the MCU. Instead, you create a different timeline. The timeline you originated from still exists. The changes the Avengers make in the past have no effect on the future they came from.

BANNED

What happen to StarLord?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Here’s a question.

Why go to all the trouble of fixing up the ship to go looking for Thanos when Thor can just summon the bifrost?
    Bifrost I thought only opens to the nine realms. Because they are all connected