Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    When exactly? They had a conversation about the rules Red Skull told them. “Or that’s at least what the red floaty guy had to say”. But they didn’t actually try as far as I can tell.
    Bruce specifically said he tried to bring her back at some point in the forest. I think maybe just before he sent cap back to return the stones.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I dont think he does though.
    At the end of the Dark World the warriors three give the Collector the reality stone for safe keeping. In Guardians, Star Lord goes to the Collector to unlock the orb to reveal the power stone. There was a small period of time he had both.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The movie addressed it. Bruce told Cap that he tried to bring Widow back with his snap and it didn't work. Leads me to believe that sacrifices made for the soul stone are exempt.
    Really the soul stone is the one stone it makes no sense to return. Why would they return it when it's relatively easy to get. (Tons of villains are like Thanos and would make the ultimate sacrifice to get it)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Really the soul stone is the one stone it makes no sense to return. Why would they return it when it's relatively easy to get. (Tons of villains are like Thanos and would make the ultimate sacrifice to get it)
    Because it's the place where no one knows where it is.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The soul stone demands the sacrifice of a loved one. Villains like the Red Skull won't be able to get it because they don't love anything.

Extraordinary Member

I've seen a few people make the joke that Thor could have gotten the soul stone by throwing a keg of beer over the cliff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Huh ?Thor jokingly called the Guardians the Asgardians of the Galaxy because hes now on the team and is not the leader *Wink*Wink*.

Did you watch the movie? Thor Joined the Guardians at the end of the movie. Carol had nothing to do with any of it.
    missed just 1 minute
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Black Widow/Soul Stone thing made me really uncomfortable.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    How so????????

Extraordinary Member

Read an interesting post, when Thor finishes Thanos and says he went for the head, it wasn't meant to be a funny line.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It didnt make sense to me. How does her death give Hawkeye the stone when A)he didnt kill her and B)he didnt love her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It didnt make sense to me. How does her death give Hawkeye the stone when A)he didnt kill her and B)he didnt love her
    Clint clearly does because his family loves Nat. He brought her in from the dark. Sacrificing a love could easily be somebody like your sister. Love isn't always sexual love.

And he could've saved her but it would've meant that he would've died.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As for A.)He let her go. B.)He obviously loved her. Maybe not romantically but she was obviously his favorite Avenger.

I agree that any stone taken from its timeframe would indeed create a branch. As I keep saying, Loki can’t time travel with the Tesseract, so it hasn’t been removed. No time travel, no branch.

She said nothing about no change in the timeline. Just that they can’t take the stones away. The stones create time. They can make sure everything stays relatively stable. It’s a form of self correcting time. The exact opposite of the butterfly effect.

The kind of time travel that means if you go back and kill Hitler as a baby somebody else from his same home town with a similar name takes his place.
    Loki took it at a different time than it was replaced. That's all that is necessary.

I just saw the movie and liked it overall. Some things I'm still confused on and I haven't read this entire thread so Idk if this was mentioned yet but:

1) Did Gamora die a 2nd time? She traveled thru time with Thanos, but did she get dusted again by Tony?

2) Why is Red Skull on Vormir? How did he get there and how does he know so much info about other people?

3) I thought Cap started a relationship with Sharon Carter? Post CA:CW, was it mentioned that they broke up? He basically left her and went back to Peggy.

4) Did Captain Marvel know who Thanos was prior to this? With all of this evil and scheming she never thought to just take him down by herself? Without the stones she seemed capable of defeating him.
    Last edited by nj06; 04-29-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!