Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Did Disney do other time travel movies?
    Flight of the Navigator

A Wrinkle In Time

Minutemen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Flight of the Navigator
    A classic from my childhood. Wondering if they did time travel logics mistake on there.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

So time-traveling Avengers from the future had always been part of the past? Are you telling me this?
    No. Not exactly. More like the past can't be changed and attempts to do so just creates parallel timelines. Maybe. Like I say, it's pretty nonsensical ultimately.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    No. Not exactly. More like the past can't be changed and attempts to do so just creates parallel timelines. Maybe. Like I say, it's pretty nonsensical ultimately.
    Jesus Christ. So all nerdy people who said me that MCU films are perfect... and that their writers can do no wrong... well, they are not right?

A classic from my childhood. Wondering if they did time travel logics mistake on there.
    I think basically what happened in that one is that it used time dillation which caused 8 years to pass on Earth that were only moments for the kid; the ship could send him back in time but at great risk; however, he sees greater risk at winding up as a lab experiment, so he risks it and goes back to the 70s, although he retains memories of the now not going to happen 80's timeline where he was missing.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Jesus Christ. So all nerdy people who said me that MCU films are perfect... and that their writers can do no wrong... well, they are not right?
    Honestly, what it comes down to is this: if you're the sort of person who defines the quality of a film according to how few plotholes it has, Endgame is definitely not for you. If, however, you're the sort of person who only penalizes a film for its plotholes when it happens not to be engaging you and thus draws attention to its lapses in logic, then you should be fine.

Cinema Sins, in other words, will have a field day with ripping Endgame apart but I hate Cinema Sins and everything they stand for so I kind of don't care.

And, no, the MCU has never been perfect but it has been very good at doing what it sets out to do and often does so with great ambition and chutzpah. And Endgame is definitely no exception to that.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Either Far From Home takes place before Endgame, or Peter and his entire high school party were dusted and were dead for those five years...even worse, if Peter and "MJ" get together in Far From Home, it's entirely possible "MJ" wasn't dusted and actually outgrows Peter by five years, while Peter remains a teenager.

It's also entirely possible this is a way of Sony/Marvel writing themselves out of a corner with the Michelle character and course correcting by having Peter then "move on" to the real Mary Jane in the third movie.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-23-2019 at 01:21 PM.

BANNED

Screencaps are leaking in the usual places. Stark's last stand and Old Man Steve are among them

So I know I wasnt the only one who wished Thor would join the Guardians, so that's nice. Alot of the leaks I need to see them it's hard to tell. Also didnt see anything about Pietro or Vision in the reddit spoilers I saw. I know there was set photos of Quicksilver maybe he was cut or maybe it's a cameo that wasnt worth noting in a short recap of the movie.

BANNED

Honestly, what it comes down to is this: if you're the sort of person who defines the quality of a film according to how few plotholes it has, Endgame is definitely not for you. If, however, you're the sort of person who only penalizes a film for its plotholes when it happens not to be engaging you and thus draws attention to its lapses in logic, then you should be fine.
    Right. I agree.

Haha, yeah, it was pretty shocking. On the other hand, it does make sense character-wise and it weirdly brings him closer to Thor in actual Greek mythology.
    Thor is Norse, not Olympian.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

can't wait for Thursday as far as the spoilers go I like the idea of the five year time skip staying and everyone that was "SNAPPED" coming back to a world that has moved on from them.Adds a lot of new and different storylines that you can play with with the MCU moving forward.

As far as the Cap situation I am assuming its obvious that once he goes backs in time and is either stuck or just stays on his own that he know that he can't do anything in the past because if he does that it could change the enter history of the world and have great consequences.

Also think its funny that Hulk is the last original Avenger left after Endgame(Iron Man & Black Widow die,Thor goes off with the GOTG,Cap is stuck in the past a now nearly a 100 year old man and Hawkeye is retired)while in the comics Hulk was the first Avenger to leave the group.

Really interested in what and Avengers 4 would look like in terms of the team line up and storyline.
    Last edited by JohnnyPresley21; 04-23-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Kyrios90

Where exactly? Could you please share it with me?

BANNED

The last thing I would have expected...no post credits scene at all.

Just, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thor is Norse, not Olympian.
    I stand corrected. I tend to confuse the two at times.

My point stands, though.