Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    What moments in the film did you actually like, if any?
    Pretty much everything. I just don't think Cap satisfies a version of "worthy" that Odin would have in mind. If I were defining worthy, yes. Odin's definition seems like it would involve characteristics that Steve doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundman View Post
    I thought that was the single best moment of the film. I don't understand why you thought it was out of place or awkward. Cap tried grabbing it in a moment of desperation, and he was able to lift it. Avengers Ultron showed that he was on the verge of worthy (or possibly already worthy but not willing to flaunt it in front of everyone), so it wasn't a completely random event.

I could see complaining if Rocket or Quill picked it up, or really anyone but Cap picking it up. But Cap proving worthy made sense in the narrative. I found it thrilling.
    I'm legitimately curious why anyone would be bothered by that moment in the film. Unless it's coming from a place where it doesn't feel like it's a moment that would ever happen in the source material...which isn't true...so yeah, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Pretty much everything. I just don't think Cap satisfies a version of "worthy" that Odin would have in mind. If I were defining worthy, yes. Odin's definition seems like it would involve characteristics that Steve doesn't have.
    I see. Did you have any issue with Thor still being able to life the hammer? At that point in the narrative, I'd think he'd be the less likely candidate. Insulting people over the internet over a video game for instance. From these films, I don't see why Thor is any more worthy than Steve Rogers.

Intermediary

I'm legitimately curious why anyone would be bothered by that moment in the film. Unless it's coming from a place where it doesn't feel like it's a moment that would ever happen in the source material...which isn't true...so yeah, I don't get it.
    if anyone aside from Thor is worthy, it's Steve Rogers

That's why I interpret Cap's worthyness in this movie as the result of Cap's character growth. He was nearly worthy in Age of Ultron, but the independence he showed from Civil War onwards, and the pain he suffered along the way, brought him the rest of the way. He had an edge in Engame that he didn't have in AoU, and that made the difference.

BANNED

I see. Did you have any issue with Thor still being able to life the hammer? At that point in the narrative, I'd think he'd be the less likely candidate. Insulting people over the internet over a video game for instance. From these films, I don't see why Thor is any more worthy than Steve Rogers.
    At that point in the film, Thor didn't try to lift the hammer. That didn't occur till after he spoke with his mother, at which point he got his head on right again.

That was a plot point in Endgame. Even Thor questioned whether he was still worthy, which is why he was relieved when Mjonir returned to him in Asgard. I guess worthiness isn't reduced by struggling through a depressive episode.

Spectacular Member

It bugged me that apparently every planet (titan, vormir, soul stone planet, power stone planet) has an earth like atmosphere so the hero can walk around without oxygen masks.

It bugged me that 90% of aliens basically look human or humanoid bipedals in shape (were all aliens in the mcu made by some higher alien race?) and understand english for some unexplained reason.

It bugged me that they never considered undoing the 5 years. Think about all the people that commited suicide in those 5 years because their loved ones were dusted.

All the kids that had their parents dusted and were abandoned for 5 years.

All the people who died in plane crashes because the pilots were dusted, who werent brought back 5 years later.

All the people who died in plane crashes because the pilots were dusted, who werent brought back 5 years later.
    They showed back up in the spot they were dusted also so if you were in a plane 5 years ago way up in the sky or on a boat way out in the ocean and no plane or boat is there 5 years later in that spot then---uh-oh.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Cap was worthy the second he was holding back Thanos’ hand in Infinity War, imo.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    From my understanding, it’s already been confirmed that the MCU cast will be doing the voices in the series.
    He’s doing an episode with Haley Atwell where she takes the Super Soldier serum instead and Howard Stark builds him a retro style Iron Man suit.

At that point in the film, Thor didn't try to lift the hammer. That didn't occur till after he spoke with his mother, at which point he got his head on right again.
    That's a good point, true. So you would agree at that point he wouldn't be worthy right? Anyways, I don't see why if Thor is worthy, Steve wouldn't be if not more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikoogle View Post
    It bugged me that apparently every planet (titan, vormir, soul stone planet, power stone planet) has an earth like atmosphere so the hero can walk around without oxygen masks.

It bugged me that 90% of aliens basically look human or humanoid bipedals in shape (were all aliens in the mcu made by some higher alien race?) and understand english for some unexplained reason.

It bugged me that they never considered undoing the 5 years. Think about all the people that commited suicide in those 5 years because their loved ones were dusted.

All the kids that had their parents dusted and were abandoned for 5 years.

Regarding speaking English, isn't that the case is a lot of the cosmic comics in DC or Marvel? Everyone for whatever reason speaks English, or the same language.

I was thinking about simply bringing everyone back after the 5 year snap. It would be really sad in a lot of cases, and a nightmare. I think it should have been more thought out.

BANNED

That's a good point, true. So you would agree at that point he wouldn't be worthy right? Anyways, I don't see why if Thor is worthy, Steve wouldn't be if not more so.
    I suppose I feel that in Odin's mind, "worthy" meant worthy of being Thor, not worthy as in good, upright, moral guy. Worthy would mean worthy of being an Asgardian warrior, and of noble lineage, as well as being humble and stuff.

Having Cap lift it makes it seem like a test of morality, which seems odd to me. FTR, I wasn't thrilled when Vision lifted it either, but passed it off as he's a machine and it's basically the same thing as the hammer rising in an elevator.

BANNED

Man...what a movie. What a series of movies.