Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1811
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Regarding Cap's shield he gives to Sam......who knows where it came from? I think the simplest solution is that it is his shield, repaired by T'Challa. W
    So watching Spider-man: Homecoming tonight and as Happy is moving stuff out of Avengers tower he's listing off the last things to be moved, like the old Hulkbuster armor and Cap's new shield.

So we know there is at least one other shield for Steve to pick up at some point in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    So watching Spider-man: Homecoming tonight and as Happy is moving stuff out of Avengers tower he's listing off the last things to be moved, like the old Hulkbuster armor and Cap's new shield.

So we know there is at least one other shield for Steve to pick up at some point in the timeline.
    Only works if Tchalla gave him some more Vibranium. More likely it was a energy Sheild Tony made Cap for awhile. Pretty sure this will get answered for us in FATWS. If it's ever gonna be answered at all. But we dont know if Falcon talked with Cap longer that we didnt see and there was clearly anconvo between Bucky and Cap we never saw. Bucky knew what was going on already. Would be cool af If they filmed a Bucky and Steve Goodbye scene where he explain what hes gonna do and they saved it for the Disney+ Show. Also more convo between Sam and Steve that they flashback to throughout the show. Dont think Evan's would film any cameos but yea would be cool if they have some stuff from endgame they didnt use.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Only works if Tchalla gave him some more Vibranium. More likely it was a energy Sheild Tony made Cap for awhile. Pretty sure this will get answered for us in FATWS. If it's ever gonna be answered at all. But we dont know if Falcon talked with Cap longer that we didnt see and there was clearly anconvo between Bucky and Cap we never saw. Bucky knew what was going on already. Would be cool af If they filmed a Bucky and Steve Goodbye scene where he explain what hes gonna do and they saved it for the Disney+ Show. Also more convo between Sam and Steve that they flashback to throughout the show. Dont think Evan's would film any cameos but yea would be cool if they have some stuff from endgame they didnt use.
    Isn't Evans planning to come back for the "What If ... ?" series? I see Evans doing cameos personally. RDJ on the other hand ... I don't think so.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Isn't Evans planning to come back for the "What If ... ?" series? I see Evans doing cameos personally. RDJ on the other hand ... I don't think so.
    I'm sure they already have the rights to his likeness, and I bet there are hours and hours of unused RDJ footage from all the movies they could easily have him cameo as a ghost/computer hologram/etc.

My guess is that his cameo price would be the most expensive, so they would avoid it anyway.

It'd be a very Tony thing to do if Marvel did a Deep Fake Tony for future cameos and What Ifs. That is, if they pay RDJ for his likeness so that he essentially gets paid for doing next to nothing.

Hes already rumored to be coming back for a Ironheart show. I can see them doing a Paul Bettany and just having him record some lines. No hologram or atleast not much. And RDJ would help sell a new character like Riri

Word is they've already got almost all the actors signed on for voice work in What If? including Evans, who has said he wants to stop acting (at least for a while). RDJ could easily be among them. And considering how RDJ embraced the Iron Man role on and off set I wouldn't be surprised if he did a "here's a recording Tony made before he died" kind of cameo for the live action films/shows. Especially if it sets up Riri or a solo project for Rhodey or Pepper.

Speaking of Rhodes, what does Cheadle's contract look like? Is he finished or does he have appearances left? It seems odd that all the Avengers who haven't had their own movies (Witch, Widow, Clint, Falcon, Bucky, etc) are getting Disney+ shows (or a film in Widow's case) but Rhodes is nowhere to be seen. I mean, we've got a ton of legacies appearing (FalconCap, She-Hulk, Kate Bishop, maybe Yelena, etc) but nothing is being done with Iron Man's side characters? Maybe Marvel just wants to give audiences time to process Tony's death before moving on to "Iron Man 2.0" but it strikes me as odd the most popular Avenger is the only one who doesn't have a successor gearing up for their own production.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think maybe because the two "heirs" to the franchise-Paltrow and Cheadle-are probably too expensive for a series? Sebastian Stan, Mackie, Olson, Bettany etc are pretty big names but not exactly on the same pay level as Robert Downey Jr. etc, altough Hiddleston probably comes close as he's been a leading man in several films, while Bettany is usually a villain or second fiddle (In Master and Commander, he's literally that too).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I found the final battle a little bland, but couldn't put my finger on why. This explains it perfectly.

Apparently we may now finally have an answer to why the CGI and visuals of this movie looked so bland and animated. the directors did not have enough time to get things on order.

I remember how I and some others were called hateful and trolls when we said Endgame had some poor quality film making choices with the CGI choices. Looks like we have our vindication, I did think this was obvious though that the cgi for most of the final act was a bad looking mess. I can't believe that is chris evans.

As much as I despise the plot of avatar, avatar's visual were top notch from start to finish. Endgame should have waited than rushed it because it really does look very bad when you see the film at home or online.

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endg...veruse-rushed/

''Some of the CGI in Endgame came about as a result of a rushed schedule and important pieces of the puzzle not being ready in time for principal photography. As shown in a behind-the-scenes documentary from Wired, the Quantum Realm suits, used during the Time Heist, were not fully designed when production began, so the decision was made to shoot the scenes without the costumes, and then add them in later with CGI. Visual Effects Producer Jen Underdahl explains'':

''The time suits are a combination of Ant-Man, Tony Stark, and Guardians tech. That took quite a while for us to land on. By the time we got a final version, we were already in Principal Photography. We knew we were going to build them anyway, since they had to "nano" on and off with Tony's tech, and it ended up being that the costume department didn't have time to develop, fit, and fabricate all the costumes for those hero characters, so we ended up doing them digitally.''

Even on prior Marvel movies, some costumes were entirely computer-generated. Spider-Man and Black Panther have almost always had their costumes overlaid with a layer of computer magic, and of course, the various Iron Man armors have traditionally been 100% CGI.

Except Iron Man 1 was not 100% cgi.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

I found the final battle a little bland, but couldn't put my finger on why. This explains it perfectly.

I found the final battle bland because of the poor visuals but also because it was the 4th time Avengers have done the exact same thing with a plot that is the most generic trope of superhero story telling. Endgame should have just copied days of future past, the time machine or the terminator than have another big cgi alien take over the world battle their heroes can easily fight and defeat.

there was no climax in the film once the avengers assembled. things were more fun than intense, this is what separate endgame from most great time travel stories.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-27-2019 at 11:35 PM.

BANNED

I’ll take misinterpreting interview quotes for $500, Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    its not misinterpreting, ofcourse the directors are going to still see it as some good but it explains a lot from a constructive criticism viewpoint why endgame is the way it is, really? why rush things and make everything 100% cgi.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Even with that, most people go on and on about how great that battle was. So if they did have to rush the CGI out just makes it more impressive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    its not misinterpreting, ofcourse the directors are going to still see it as some good but it explains a lot from a constructive criticism viewpoint why endgame is the way it is, really? why rush things and make everything 100% cgi.
    Your quote and article talk about the Quantum suits and other costumes, not the final battle.

I'll take misrepresenting quotes for $1,000, Alex.

And for having a distaste for movies that rely heavily on CGI, you sure do prop of Avatar a helluva lot.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 09-28-2019 at 07:21 AM.