Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
So the directors and the writers disagree on the time travel of the movie.

Joe says Cap was in an alternate timeline.

Markus and McFeely say differently, which is what I assumed had happened all along (hence my confusion earlier when people said how did cap get back).

Markus and McFeely accept that different people will have different viewpoints on this topic. But, in their minds, Steve was Peggy's husband all along. ‘It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that,’ said McFeely. Added Markus: ‘It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA.’

Dueling theories (directors vs writers), both think they're correct. I'm going with the writers on this though. *shrugs*
One view - among many - in Marketing holds that value is not created in the manufacture of the product, but in the experience of the customer. Seen in that light, what happened, and how it works is each of ours to determine individually.

For me, Steve Rogers (or whatever identity he adopted) had been waiting on the sidelines to hand Sam Wilson a copy of his shield since the late 1940s, and watched it all happen, from Iron Man through to his old friend's funeral, having faith that he and his dearest comrades had what it took to work it out the way that he remembered. If he was tortured by letting history pass around him without trying to make it better, he took solace in the knowledge that tinkering might dangerously interfere with what needed to be in ways he could not predict, and in the joy of life with his beloved Peggy and their children.

In some ways, for a man so conditioned to action, letting history take its course might be the greatest battle Captain America ever fought.

The Question That Remains: What are the children of a Supersoldier like?