Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Favorite Sitcom Couple

What is your favorite sitcom couple and why?

For me Tim and Jill Taylor from the show "Home Improvement" because they seemed so genuine and realistic. It really felt like they were married for real.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

jackie and hyde from "that 70's show".

weird at first but they play off each other well and balanced each other out.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Gotta go with a classic... Lucy and Ricky Ricardo.

If we can also list non-romantic couples, then also Felix Unger/Oscar Madison and Edmund Blackadder/Baldrick.

Retired

Probably Rob and Laura Petrie. Too bad she left him to go work at a TV station news department in Minneapolis. Of course, he also left New Rochelle and his job at the Alan Brady Show, so he could become a doctor in L.A., solving crimes with his son and Chachi.

Mighty Member

Maxwell Smart and Agent 99.

Even though Ross and Rachel were the more central couple to the narrative of Friends, I was always a big Chandler/Monica fan. That couple IMO carried the later half of the shows run, and was probably the most entertaining couple for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Probably Rob and Laura Petrie. Too bad she left him to go work at a TV station news department in Minneapolis. Of course, he also left New Rochelle and his job at the Alan Brady Show, so he could become a doctor in L.A., solving crimes with his son and Chachi.
    Lots of great choices. I'd mention Ralph and Alice Kramden even though they fought all the time and their jokes would be politically incorrect today. But I'd still second Rob and Laura Petrie as the funniest couple on television. They had real chemistry. In fact, Dick Van Dyke almost didn't want her casted only because he was something like fifteen years older than her and, in that time, was afraid it wouldn't be acceptable to the audience but he had more chemistry with her than all the other auditions put together.
    Power with Girl is better.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here's my favorite sitcom couple:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I am going to go more modern and go Mike and Vanessa from last man standing
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Sam Malone and Diane Chambers from Cheers

Sure they probably would've killed each other if they had stayed together, but those five years were extremely entertaining.

Jim and Pam from The Office.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

NVM you said sitcom. I need to think harder.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 10-05-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper and Penny Hofstadter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even though Ross and Rachel were the more central couple to the narrative of Friends, I was always a big Chandler/Monica fan. That couple IMO carried the later half of the shows run, and was probably the most entertaining couple for me.
    Totally. Maybe it's because the writers had less pressure writing Chandler and Monica, but that pairing worked much better. Unlike Ross and Rachel it wasn't meant to be the great love story at the core of the show. It was just two characters who, once they hooked up, turned out to have a lot of chemistry. And they were shown actually making the relationship work. The YouTube channel "The Take" makes an interesting point about Janice technically fitting the classic narrative of being Chandler's soul mate (due to how faith seems to keep throwing them together), but Chandler and Monica being a great couple precisely because they don't rely on faith or the idea that there must be that one perfect someone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper and Penny Hofstadter.

Despite the lack of blood relations that feels like one of the better brother/sister relationships.

Another favorite couple is Fran and Max from The Nanny. They were so fun to watch and you knew they were crazy in love but couldn't act on it because of the children. made more sense than Ross and Rachel, imo.

Oh, also Niles and CC! They were hilarious. They pretended to hate each other but deep down were slowly falling in love. God I loved this show.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Gotta go with a classic... Lucy and Ricky Ricardo.

If we can also list non-romantic couples, then also Felix Unger/Oscar Madison and Edmund Blackadder/Baldrick.
    I liked their chemisty, but it always annoyed me so much that he treated her like a child.. A product of another era.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I find the Ross and Rachel romance the most annoying thing in Friends. Sure, when they were together it was nice, but the way the show constantly found ways to keep them apart felt so forced. Ross the actor was very good, but his character was a man child. It annoyed me! lol