Page 23 of 121 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Hmm...Seeing the rhetoric on Cap, i am torn. On the one hand, yeah, Cap pulled a dick mood for some ass, wiping out a family in the process
    Unless he was the off screen husband we never saw. russos did write TWS and CW

Wife and I were cracking up at fat Thor. I was wondering if he finally called down the lightening got battle ready and shit if he would suddenly be skinny, ripped Thor again annnnnnnnnnnnnnd he wasn't....comical.
    That viking beard was on point though when he transformed at the end.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I'm not sure if Marvel could use the Netflix characters in the films at the moment. Marvel supposedly can't revive the Defenders characters for two years because of the contract they made with Netflix. Not sure how the contract relates to using the characters in the movies but it's possible they couldn't.
    If memory serves me right I think the Netflix heroes were being considered for infinity war but got cut.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    If memory serves, the Russo brothers thought about using the Defenders in Infinity War, but decided there just wasn't enough room.
    Ag I just posted the same. It would have been cool to see them in Endgame.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I would of thought they would of used Janet in the final battle considering she jedi quantum powers since being freed from the quantum realm. Perhaps Pfeiffer wasn't available or Reed didn't want them using her.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Honestly, since the film deals with time travel. This is the big conclusion to the past 11 years of films, it would have been cool to finally have the Netflix heroes show up in the final battle ( at least for a small bit). My big gripe is that Marvel basically lied to fans when they touted the tag line “ it’s all connected”.
    It was all connected when they used that tagline. That was used after Avengers.

Then Fiege broke away from Marvel Entertainment/Ike after/around Age of Ultron.

Marvel entertainment continued to make TV shows. Marvel Studios just did films.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Ag I just posted the same. It would have been cool to see them in Endgame.
    It would have been really cool. Even more so knowing they'll likely never appear on film or television again.

Moments I Loved:
    - Seeing Cap get into the elevator with Rumlow & Co. That was one of their best throwbacks.
    - Giving the real Jarvis a cameo.
    - Carol taking a headbutt from Thanos and not even blinking. (And to Thanos's credit, punching her in the face with the power stone was a clever move.)
    - A-Force!
    - The sheer volume of people they managed to bring back for small cameos. I think Rene Russo might have been my favorite of them.
    - Just having an excited, cheering audience around me. I love that. There were so many moments where everyone cheered. Cap picking up Mjolnir, "Avengers Assemble!', over and over during the big battle.
    - The fact that in that big battle, they did a great job of making sure almost everyone had their moment.
    - The subtle throwbacks - like Natasha wearing that arrow necklace she wore in the first Avengers movie.
    - And more...

Things I Wished For:
    - As soon as they time traveled back to Asgard, circa Dark World... I was really hoping to see Sif and Warriors 3. I've always had a soft spot for that crew.
    - Obviously more of Carol, but I also recognized I'm super biased on that one. I did not expect a lot of her as I knew this was a movie for the O6, but I'd have liked a little more dialogue. (I think I'd be satisfied if we had a scene taking place between the Captain Marvel stinger and her fetching Tony. She was there, but never introduced. - In my head canon, I'm assuming they sent her out to fetch him, as nobody seemed surprised to see her on their return.) They have also made her quite OP - which makes her a challenge to deal with.

The Big Miss (in my mind):
    - Natasha deserved a funeral too.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Assuming all the Disney+ series will be prequels now, unless they rename it Captain America and Winter Soldier.

I also don’t get how the timeline gets reset outside the Battle of New York. Rhodes knocks out Star Lord which means he’s gonna be out of action when Kornath shows up. And wouldn’t the Asgardians soldiers be telling Odin and past Thor about a raccoon?

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unless he was the off screen husband we never saw. russos did write TWS and CW

That viking beard was on point though when he transformed at the end.
    The Russo's didn't write either of those, they directed them. I believe those two were written by Markus and McFreely.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan View Post
    How does that work for Peter Parker meeting with Ned and the rest of his class when he goes back to school and the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home?
    We will only know when we watch that movie. It is entirely possible that the whole class was dusted. As I was saying earlier you will get clusters occurring. There could be whole towns or districts that got dusted and others that were mostly untouched. It was purely random and that is how random distribution works.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    NY- 2012

SL- 2014
    Soul Stone- 2014 (clint and widow flew from morag to vormir, not time travel)

Foster- 2013

Base- stark was about ot be born so 1970 I do believe
    Thanks. I ended up just using place names except for the seventies. Will post in a minute.

PS. My memory got mixed up. I remembered it as Thor and Rocket flying from Vormir. But yes you are right. I Remember being a little confused by that scene. Darn and I had finished the diagram too! Second take I guess.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 04-26-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Assuming all the Disney+ series will be prequels now, unless they rename it Captain America and Winter Soldier.

I also don’t get how the timeline gets reset outside the Battle of New York. Rhodes knocks out Star Lord which means he’s gonna be out of action when Kornath shows up. And wouldn’t the Asgardians soldiers be telling Odin and past Thor about a raccoon?
    There's a good chance Quill gets scared off and doesn't steal the Power Stone. But even if he did, Thanos, Gamora and Nebula are no longer around, so things play out very differently!

I suspect TDW timeline branches off, too, and Frigga survives Malekith's attack.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Also interesting to see the shots changed from the trailers, to prevent spoilers I reckon. When Antman showed up at the compound, Cap was the same, but they had the short haired Widow, not the red hair growth Widow...

Trying to remember if we saw the beginning of the Quantum platform walk up as I am sure it would not have had Cap's shield in the shot.

Rocket walking into the hut/house had Hulk CGId out of the background walking in behind him...

The shot where the ship is landing was Banner in the original trailer shot? I know Pepper wasn't until the TV promos in the last cpl weeks leading up to the release

correct me if I am wrong and point out any others you say.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I don't think the Ancient One was saying the Stones are the only way the timeline can be changed. She was explaining the multiverse as a concept, and emphasizing the importance of the Eye of Amagatto to the Sorcerer Supreme. If she lost her Time Stone, countless threats to her reality would go unchallenged. But the stones being returned doesn't synch the timeline back up once its deviated too far from the original. The stones don't magically return Thanos to the past undusted and that reality now takes a very different path.
    That flys in the face of what actually happened when she demonstrated moving a stone.

First she showed the timeline.
    Then she showed the stones circling it to represent how they maintain the flow of time.
    Then she showed that by removing a stone a timeline branches.
    Then when she put it back again the branch dusted.

This perfectly does away with any timeline anomalies. Banner was just wrong. Time can be altered, but the stones maintain the timeline, making sure the future is not significantly altered. Thanos was threatening to use the stones to totally rewrite the timeline, so that thematically fits too. The stones make new realities. If they are kept together in the same timeline they will make sure destiny is maintained. No branching without stones being time shifted.

Spectacular Member

So I saw it yesterday, really enjoyed it and wrapped everything up. I called the Cap end with him taking the stones back and then going back to Peg. Only thing I got wrong was I thought he would have given the Shield to Bucky, but still liked how he gave it to Sam. Some of the humour was well placed and I liked the idea of the sacrifice of Black Widow. I guess her movie will be a prequel. Liked that Nebula got some good screen time and the same with Hawkeye.

1. If Thanos of 2014 along with Nebula, Gamora etc came through to 2022/2023? What does that mean for the rest of the timeline between 2014 and 2018. Since the future version didn't go up in smoke I assume its now a divergent timeline.
    2. If the events of post 2012 Avengers movie happened and Loki got away in the chaos caused by the Hulk - 'Hulk hate stair's... right there with you. How was he in the cell in Asgard when Rocket and Fat Thor showed up... unless the TV series they are planning will answer all this.
    3. Does the fact the snap still happened and they just undid it 5 years later mean things like Agents of Shield will skip 5 years on when it restarts in a couple of weeks?
    4. Will they follow up with the fact that its 5 years later and while everyone left behind aged and got on with their lives, the victims did not age and came back exactly as they did when it happened. Which would explain why Peter is on a field trip with everyone from his class and they all got snapped.

Still I will see it again. Liked the last little Stan cameo. The Tony moment with his Dad. All in all a satisfying end to this saga. I hope though if RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth want to do another film they are able to bring them back, I hope they are not totally, totally done. But I like the thought of Cap Falcon.