Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That's a tad disappointing, was hoping he'd send the team running back to earth with their tail tucked between their legs after the first round. Still, I'll have to wait until I see it play out on screen before I judge it to much.
    Apparently hes half dead when they get there from destroying the stones. They are basically there to execute him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post

The question I have with this is: how do you go forward with a prequel story for a dead character? They tried it with Han Solo in Solo and it ended poorly for them box office wise. I mean, I'd bet that this film will be much cheaper to make than that and they also have the original actress back to play her (which won't hurt), but it seems like a dubious prospect to me that the general audience will be too interested in seeing a film where there is no real development that we can see going forward from the character.
    With Solo the studio might blame the other aspects that doomed the film rather than the prequel-ness. The shitshow that making it turned out to be, combined with the bad press that came with said shitshow, and little press push to counter that had to have an effect. Plus, any backlash over The Last Jedi likely didn't help, although I don't think it did as much as the pile of bad stories about making the film (or the next point, IMO). And lastly, the timing of the release was terrible. It was sandwiched between too many other films vying for the same audience, and people only have so much money. If any Black Widow film can avoid the big two out of those three issues, it should be on much better footing, prequel or no.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Apparently hes half dead when they get there from destroying the stones. They are basically there to execute him.
    You know, I’m actually ok with that.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Honestly, what it comes down to is this: if you're the sort of person who defines the quality of a film according to how few plotholes it has, Endgame is definitely not for you.
    Well, considering how in another forum, I wound up making a thread where I bitched about not liking the MCU formula (and by virtue, the MCU in general), I pretty much was in the minority of not caring about Endgame. I mostly wanted the spoilers to see if the MCU Villain Problem would rear its ugly little head once more, and since Thanos bites the dust, yup, it's back, baby!

Cinema Sins, in other words, will have a field day with ripping Endgame apart but I hate Cinema Sins and everything they stand for so I kind of don't care.
    That, I'll be looking forward to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I just took her for being confident in a serious situation. She wasn't belittling anyone. I don't see what you're seeing at all. She's not an Avenger either. She's not obligated to "learn the ropes". She was summoned for help, and she's doing what she knows, how she knows. She's been doing this longer than they have.

Yeah, this isn't going to be an issue for the majority of people. I mean, she's barely in the film.

That would be like saying Thor was unlikable the first couple of movies. He was way more arrogant.
    If anything I could see her barely being in the film as the more controversial thing honestly. Like people going "that's it, really?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Well, considering how in another forum, I wound up making a thread where I bitched about not liking the MCU formula (and by virtue, the MCU in general), I pretty much was in the minority of not caring about Endgame. I mostly wanted the spoilers to see if the MCU Villain Problem would rear its ugly little head once more, and since Thanos bites the dust, yup, it's back, baby!
    What "MCU Villain Problem"? I'm not aware of one specifically.

Ultimate Member

The perception that for all the things they do right, Marvel has struggled with creating truly memorable villains. They either don't get enough screentime/stuff to do, or aren't written very interestingly, or they're kind of generic and boring, etc. They feel like afterthoughts basically.

Now that has started to change in many people's minds recently with villains like Zemo, Ego, Vulture, Hela, Killmonger, Thanos, etc.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Only problem I had was Cap, and that was slight.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    That's a tad disappointing, was hoping he'd send the team running back to earth with their tail tucked between their legs after the first round. Still, I'll have to wait until I see it play out on screen before I judge it to much.
    The first happens a few days after Infinity War. The Avengers track Thanos down to the planet he retreated to. They go there in the hopes of using the stones to undo the damage. But Thanos has already destroyed them. An act that nearly killed him. Carol has him restrained. He starts gloating and Thor slices his head off with Stormbreaker. The film then jumps five years and revolves around Ant-Mans return and the plan to time travel using the Quantum Realm.

I've seen the film today. I loved it. The plot is complex yet it works (almost) perfectly, characters are spot on, CGIs are great and so are action scenes. There's phatos and levity (less than usual for a Marvel movie though, and that's a good thing), but above all the film is Epic with a capital E. And yes, the MCU won't be the same after this.

spoilers:
    Here's a few spoilers:

THE GOOD:

-Thanos dies... twice.
    -Thanos is not a jobber he's the biggest threat the MCU has ever faced and he proves it time and again.
    -Two heroes die as well. Both deaths are tragic yet meaningful as well.
    -I love the seventies. The film does as well.
    -There's a good number of faces I wasn't expecting to see again. And a few leser characters have surprisingly important roles (Nebula, namely).
    -Loki might have found a way to survive after all.
    -There's potential for divergent realities after what happens during the film.
    -People who desperately want Justice League - Snyder Cut produced will hate this film.
    -The 2 characters who hold their own and almost manage to get the upper hand against Thanos are Captain Marvel (unsurprising considering Feige's words about her) and Scarlet Witch (she does even better than Captain Marvel actually, but Thanos is... Thanos).
    -The bigger shocker of all comes at the VERY end of the film...
    -Cap gets his happy ending.
    -A lot of alt-right supporters will hate this film. TRULY HATE I think.

THE BAD.

-Nebula surviving makes little sense (yet it's appreciated).
    -Captain Marvel keeping her powers makes little sense (plot armor I guess).
    -Peter Quill does NOT redeem himself at all.

end of spoilers

MY VOTE:

9/10

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The perception that for all the things they do right, Marvel has struggled with creating truly memorable villains. They either don't get enough screentime/stuff to do, or aren't written very interestingly, or they're kind of generic and boring, etc. They feel like afterthoughts basically.

Now that has started to change in many people's minds recently with villains like Zemo, Ego, Vulture, Hela, Killmonger, Thanos, etc.
    So Thanos is now "forgettable" because he gets beheaded?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I saw it today.

First of all,i was a guy who most of the times, i don't avoid spoilers,especially if my anticipation is high and want to see if a movie worth the attention. I read spoilers and at script, the plot looks ambitious, a bit convulted and not as impressive as Infinity War. Guess what? It's one of those movies that in papers, the plot doesn't look impressive,but the execution is so great, you feel awe and shocked about the tornado of emotions.

I enjoyed that pretty much, it was a swansong for the MCU, with almost everyone having a passage through this film. The time travel wasn't only good as a reminder of the older movies, but also a nice vehicle for emotional scenes and reunions, especially Thor and Frigga.Also, tons of easter eggs and elements from various plots from comics(New Asgard, Hydra Cap etc).

The core of this film was the sendoff of the original MCU Avengers and it was one of the few movies that i saw the audience captivated and in tears in many moments.That's a great achievement and the true power of the film.

I have to say, the last battle is so epic, i felt goosebumps. Cap using the hammer and leading the big force of heroes and allies against Thanos army with the cry "Avengers Assemble" was the peak of MCU for me. Thanos even without the gauntlet, was quite dangerous, withstanding beasts like Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch.

My only complain is Thor's treatment(wasn't bad, but it was much closer to Thor 3 version than Infinity War one)and Steve's decision,who could come a little bit selfish.

8.5/10. I couldn't hope for a better closure to the original MCU Avengers.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    So Thanos is now "forgettable" because he gets beheaded?
    He's dead, so... pretty much. Plus, virtually everything he accomplished is undone so he has to rank as forgettable long-term.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 04-24-2019 at 03:57 PM.

BANNED

Well,

Judging by the spoilers, I think there are no divergent realities. Just one fixed space-time continuum. They do not alter the past, they have always been part of it. It's not "Back to the Future 2".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    What "MCU Villain Problem"? I'm not aware of one specifically.
    I think I could name name about 5 common "problems" certain segments raise from time to time. My assumption in this case was the "problem" is that the villain died. Because apparently there's a terror that the MCU will run out of Marvel villains, and the general audience wants to see the same ones keep returning.