Page 12 of 121 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I give it 7 out of 10.

Great on spectacle and it has some genuinely great moments, but the last completely undoes the whole internal logic of the story. How can you spoilers:
    kill the Thanos from 2014
    end of spoilers and still have all the events in Infinity Wars play out. It makes no sense.[/spoil]
    Been wondering that, too.

Had they simply spoilers:
    sent Thanos and all his minions back in time and used the Mind Stone to erase their memories
    end of spoilers, that would have worked.
    Maybe they did spoilers:
    and it still looked like an ash effect
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You think the "only female Avenger" means something anymore with Captain Marvel, Okoye, Shuri, Valkyrie, Wasp, Mantis, Gamora and the mention Scarlet Witch around and plenty more on the way.
    The Gathering scene was fun, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post

Maybe they did spoilers:
    and it still looked like an ash effect
    end of spoilers
    Except that would just be confusing as hell.

No, it seems to me like it's just poor plotting.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Except that would just be confusing as hell.
    I don't know, spoilers:
    they (especially Tony) were very specific when Bruce was getting ready to do the snap, to make sure what had happened had still happened but those who had been taken would come back to the 'now', and they were trying to avoid those kinds of paradoxes (and that one would have been (is) a biggie).
    end of spoilers

No, it seems to me like it's just poor plotting.
    But they were doing so well otherwise

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I've watched those more times than I've bothered rewatching an MCU movie. Sometimes even unironically.
    Really?? I cant watch any of that old stuff anymore...except Batman 66 because i see it as a kids movie/series...

Extraordinary Member

Just got back from it. Wow. Easily the best MCU movie to date. I will say that Infinity War, Avengers 1, and Civil War had better action, but the character work in Endgame was leagues above anything else Marvel has done since 2008.

Only full-on complaint is Captain Marvel. All she did was talk about how awesome she is which got old the first time she did it, so I was rather pleased that she disappeared early on and was absent for most of the movie. Also not 100% sure how I feel on what they did with Hawkeye. But other than that this was an amazing movie, pretty much the movie I've been wanting Marvel to make since 2008.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It changed "A" timeline,Not "THE" timeline they are in.The timeline they are in had stuff happen.Replace Timeline with word "Alternate reality" to kinda make more simple (or difficult) .Big time travel stories always suck on some level it is not worth hurting your head to figure out the fine details.
    Plus,the potential mess with time and space opens opportunities fom multiverses or potential time-travelling villains(i'm looking at you, Kang and Immortus)
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

it was a fitting ending in some manner as they closed the story arcs of Tony and Steve. Wonder if shield will continue to support the concept of avengers or its the last avengers movie. if this was the last appearance of the avengers then it would be ironic that the phrase of avengers assemble was employed in a movie which was apparently their last hurrah. Wonder how nebula survives after killing her past self. It seemed fitting that Tony who initiated this verse was the one who ended this phase of the MCU. The last climatic battle was pretty epic though it did remind me of the last stand and X2 in some spots . the fight between the two Captain Americas was also hilarious. Wonder which heroes are debuting in the second phase to replace the fallen ones. Could be Nova darkhawk new warriors and the Street Leveler's.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    The Gathering scene was fun, though.
    That team on it's own is essentially unbeatable. Especially with Captain Marvel.

So the husband Peggy mentioned in Winter Soldier as being saved by Cap was Cap himself?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    it was a fitting ending in some manner as they closed the story arcs of Tony and Steve. Wonder if shield will continue to support the concept of avengers or its the last avengers movie. if this was the last appearance of the avengers then it would be ironic that the phrase of avengers assemble was employed in a movie which was apparently their last hurrah. Wonder how nebula survives after killing her past self. It seemed fitting that Tony who initiated this verse was the one who ended this phase of the MCU. The last climatic battle was pretty epic though it did remind me of the last stand and X2 in some spots . the fight between the two Captain Americas was also hilarious. Wonder which heroes are debuting in the second phase to replace the fallen ones. Could be Nova darkhawk new warriors and the Street Leveler's.
    Nebula killing her past self, doesn't influence her existance in our timeline,but the absence of her and Thanos army would certainly create another timeline.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Someone mentioned on their review for the movie about the new Wanda show called WandaVision, maybe Wanda starts to go nutty and creates/restores a new version of "Vision". Maybe her powers manifest in a certain way. Disney has the Fox/XMEN license now...so they can do whatever.

Ultimate Member

-Iron Man's death was handled extremely well, Black Widow's was not.
    -Captain Marvel is barely in the film, disappointing.
    -Was decidedly not a fan of the "running joke" with Thor. I expected better than that from Marvel.
    -Don't know how I feel about the end with Cap.
    -The time travel stuff is, whatever.
    -Etc.

Overall, I give it a B right now. We'll see if that changes with repeat viewings.

Unglaublich!

I went to see this last night at the first UK screening. I was so hyped, it was untrue! By the time I left the cinema at 3am, I felt that Infinity War was a better overall film. And I had questions...

1. 2014's Gamora. Is she still present in 2023? Is that who Quill was searching for on board the Benatar, or was he trying to find "his" Gamora?

2. As others have asked, did all of Parker's school die in the Snap? That's potentially quite a large hole to fill somehow!

3. How did Barton get the Soul Stone? He had to lose the thing he loved the most, but that should've been his family rather than Natasha, surely? And he'd already lost them. So did he have to sacrifice the thing he loved the most at that moment?

4. I get how Steve was worthy to lift Mjolnir, but how did he get it to produce lightning? I thought Thor channelled his lightning through the hammer, not vice versa?

Karen Gillan made this movie for me and it was great to see Nebula play such a large role in a movie that isn't really about her.

Fat Thor... if this is Hemsworth's last outing in the MCU, it's quite a sad end in my opinion. I hope he either plays a part in GOTG3 or gets another standalone movie.

It was nice to see Pepper as Rescue, especially as Paltrow says she's done with the MCU now. And I couldn't believe they got Natalie Portman back to film some scenes!!

I enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed Infinity War more. I'll go and see it again and see what I make of it a second time around.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I think it's safe to say that this current iteration of the MCU is "finite", outside of the villains being used.

People don't live forever.
    Ultimately, though, my biggest issue is that I just feel like a leper or some carnival attraction for clearing having a strong dislike (date I say, hatred) of the MCU due to not liking the films after watching some of them since the way the movies flow and are designed don't behave with my general movie preferences.
    Last edited by GindyPosts; 04-25-2019 at 07:01 AM.