Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1811
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What other information do you need to interpret the scene?

He left to return all the stones and instead of coming home immediately, he decided to have a life by growing old with Peggy before returning to the lake house to pass the mantle to Sam.

Does knowing if Steve was in an alternate reality or in the MCU prime timeline really change anything to the interpretation of the scene? If it does, what does it change?
    You can't be serious in asking that question. "What does it change?" Really?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You can't be serious in asking that question. "What does it change?" Really?
    I am serious. I don’t care about how he got there so the information means nothing to me either way, but it clearly bothers you so I’m asking why because I do not understand.

Extraordinary Member

I am serious. I don’t care about how he got there so the information means nothing to me either way, but it clearly bothers you so I’m asking why because I do not understand.
    How he got there is important to the storytelling the time traveling mechanics need to be shown not just be left open to a whole lot of speculation. Otherwise it's just bad writing. Now if he was in the prime timeline the whole time that's just a whole other problem but the Russos said he was in an alt timeline. But yeah that needed to be wrapped up not just left open. Again not saying the movie was bad but it has some problems.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

How he got there is important to the storytelling the time traveling mechanics need to be shown not just be left open to a whole lot of speculation. Otherwise it's just bad writing. Now if he was in the prime timeline the whole time that's just a whole other problem but the Russos said he was in an alt timeline. But yeah that needed to be wrapped up not just left open. Again not saying the movie was bad but it has some problems.
    Based on the time travel mechanics established within the movie, the end must mean one of 2 things:

1- Old Man Steve was always in the MCU Prime timeline. This would mean that Steve from 2023 returning to Peggy sometime in the 20th century while the OG Cap is stuck in the ice has always been a part of the sequence of events that make up the timeline.

2- Steve returning to Peggy created an alternate branch. This means he found another way home to his reality that didn’t require the beacon. Or maybe he just returned to the OG pad somewhere between the time the team returns from the time heist but before Thanos destroyed it.

Knowing which of the 2 it is does nothing for me. I’m perfectly ok with them not explaining how he got back because by that point time travel mechanics had already been established & demonstrated so I don’t see a need for them to do it again. At best it would just be useless exposition about something that doesn’t really matter within that specific moment and the scene itself is better off without it (imo of course).

I do wonder where Steve got that shield from.

Extraordinary Member

Based on the time travel mechanics established within the movie, the end must mean one of 2 things:

1- Old Man Steve was always in the MCU Prime timeline. This would mean that Steve from 2023 returning to Peggy sometime in the 20th century while the OG Cap is stuck in the ice has always been a part of the sequence of events that make up the timeline.

2- Steve returning to Peggy created an alternate branch. This means he found another way home to his reality that didn’t require the beacon. Or maybe he just returned to the OG pad somewhere between the time the team returns from the time heist but before Thanos destroyed it.

Knowing which of the 2 it is does nothing for me. I’m perfectly ok with them not explaining how he got back because by that point time travel mechanics had already been established & demonstrated so I don’t see a need for them to do it again. At best it would just be useless exposition about something that doesn’t really matter within that specific moment and the scene itself is better off without it (imo of course).
    Yeah but it wasn't established or demonstrated that's the problem and it's been established by the russos that he was in an alt timeline. So yeah how he got back counts. Saying "He found a way home somehow or maybe he did this or that."Doesn't cut it storytelling wise. And if he was in the prime timeline and did that it' would be totally ridiculous and so bad.

You don't think it's important, I do. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-07-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Yeah but it wasn't established or demonstrated that's the problem and it's been established by the russos that he was in an alt timeline. So yeah how he got back counts. Saying "He found a way home somehow or maybe he did this or that."Doesn't cut it storytelling wise. And if he was in the prime timeline and did that it' would be totally ridiculous and so bad.
    I prefer the Alternate Reality Branch answer of Cap and as for how he got back sorry but I let another Time Traveler explain

https://images.app.goo.gl/bmBsPYa3S9gGYcA8A

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I prefer the Alternate Reality Branch answer of Cap and as for how he got back sorry but I let another Time Traveler explain

https://images.app.goo.gl/bmBsPYa3S9gGYcA8A

Look if Cap woulda come back in a police phone booth. I'd be satisfied lol.

Amazing Member

What are the issues with the time travel plot exactly?
    I can't figure out how Cap would have gone to an alternate timeline? I thought the devices were just taking them into the past of their time/reality?
    How would Cap know how to go to an alternate reality (if that's even true)?

There are so many paradox that arise with time travel and so much we don't know that it's a subject that almost has to have plot holes?

I agree it matters and the Russos told people but that scene was short and sweet and was all about the emotional impact which it delivered on for most people. Adding and explanation on to it wouldnt have fit really. Now the Sma and Bucky show might elaborate on it more. I mean watching the movie it seems obvious Cap and Bucky talked before he left because Bucky knew what was up. I'm guessing he knew Bucky was the only one who would understand and not try to talk him out of it. But they're show might give us those details and also the shield. Did he just take another timelines Cap Shield did he get Tchalla or Tony to make a new one. This movie left alot of questions and Far from Home will just be the beginning i assume in addressing them.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-08-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    He got back with Stark's space-time GPS thingy
    But he didn't appear on the time machine panel.

EDIT: Oh okay, you said you were making a joke. I still don't get it, but cool beans.

Ultimate Member

Personally, I don't even know how to approach or understand the Captain America ending because the directors and writers of Endgame don't even agree on the implications of the ending.

Which is quite funny when you think about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder will the world's governments get more reactionary even after the reversal of the Great Vanishing. Since the Avengers/metas/enhanced folks were involved, will they collectively get the blame, despite the efforts of the Avengers team?
    General Ross likely still has influence as Secretary of State. We'll see. And there was never a final conversation with he and Hulk. Oh well.
    Probably they are too busy dealing with the mass starvation caused by suddenly having the population double. Not to mention the massive strain on an infrastructure scaled back to provide for half as many people.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

No that doesn't make sense. Especially since I'm hearing the russos confirm he actually went to an alt timeline.
    It’s really no big deal. An alternate reality means an alternate Tony and Scott who can create a time jump. But even without them, the GPS device Steve left with means he can travel back to his own reality from any point in any time stream. Tony and Steve don’t need the platform to travel back to 1970, just the temporal coordinates.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Personally, I don't even know how to approach or understand the Captain America ending because the directors and writers of Endgame don't even agree on the implications of the ending.

Which is quite funny when you think about it.
    What did Msrkus and Mcfeely say about it? The Russos explanation is the only one that follows the rules they set out. Changing anything makes a new timeline you cant change your past just make another branch in time.