Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1811
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

In a year from now nobody is going to remember nor care that Avengers: Endgame was rereleased with an unfinished deleted scene thrown in after the credits.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

People keep discussing the re-release of Endgame. Well Avatar itself had a re-release 4 years later already with added footage etc that netted $30+ million. In fact had Avengers not had a re-release and it was facing off against the original run of Avatar...it would have beaten it. In fact the film originally did $2.749+ billion dollars worldwide. Endgame before this was over 2.5+ billion.

So its not like Avatar didn't use this trick to boost its worldwide gross as we saw. Avengers doing it close to Spider-Man's release is smart thinking.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol yea it's clearly an unfinished scene and wasnt part of the actual movie just a DVD bonus scene they slapped on the end to give it more content. **** I remember watching an Extended edition of Xmen DoFP and in the actual movie they put unfinished CGI scenes. People arent stupid they get logistics behind something like that. It's just a little bit of character context that got cut so they didnt spend all that money on CGI to finish the scene.
    The new scene begins with a burning building. Professor Hulk, carrying a satellite dish full of innocent civilians, jumps into the frame. The CGI on Hulk is incomplete, and at first it’s hard to tell what iteration of Hulk this is.

However, when Hulk speaks, it’s Bruce Banner’s voice that the audience hears. So presumably this is, indeed, the more evolved Professor Hulk. We learn that Professor Hulk has been operating as a superhero ever since Thanos’ snap.

Hulk gets a phone call and asks, “Steve who?” Presumably this is Captain America (Chris Evans) calling to arrange his meeting with Professor Hulk at the diner that’s featured in the film.

Source.

So the diner scene was supposed to happen immediately after that. We infer from the two kids that Hulk is a celebrity, but that scene would have shown why.

Hmm...it could have gone either way, but if a major complaint I keep hearing is that the Hulk didn't do anything, well, Hulk-ish, this might have solved that. If it was a budget issue, I wonder if changing it to another heroic act that wasn't as grandiose would have helped. No burning building, no satellite dish full of people, just something...smaller. I'm not writing the thing but I would have had it involve a thunderclap since we'll probably never see Hulk do it again at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The new scene begins with a burning building. Professor Hulk, carrying a satellite dish full of innocent civilians, jumps into the frame. The CGI on Hulk is incomplete, and at first it’s hard to tell what iteration of Hulk this is.

However, when Hulk speaks, it’s Bruce Banner’s voice that the audience hears. So presumably this is, indeed, the more evolved Professor Hulk. We learn that Professor Hulk has been operating as a superhero ever since Thanos’ snap.

Hulk gets a phone call and asks, “Steve who?” Presumably this is Captain America (Chris Evans) calling to arrange his meeting with Professor Hulk at the diner that’s featured in the film.

Source.

So the diner scene was supposed to happen immediately after that. We infer from the two kids that Hulk is a celebrity, but that scene would have shown why.

Hmm...it could have gone either way, but if a major complaint I keep hearing is that the Hulk didn't do anything, well, Hulk-ish, this might have solved that. If it was a budget issue, I wonder if changing it to another heroic act that wasn't as grandiose would have helped. No burning building, no satellite dish full of people, just something...smaller. I'm not writing the thing but I would have had it involve a thunderclap since we'll probably never see Hulk do it again at this point.
    I think it was a time issue. This woulda added some nice context to why Hulk was so loved all of a sudden. But the movie was already really long I'm sure alot of cool stuff would helped but had to be trimmed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    One theory I have seen. which I like is that the Cap who went back was the post Thanos Cap and that there were always two Caps in our timeline. The one frozen who revived and was in all the movies and the one who was retired and living with Peggy. Her mysterious husband was Steve Rodgers all the time.
    i like it
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    One theory I have seen. which I like is that the Cap who went back was the post Thanos Cap and that there were always two Caps in our timeline. The one frozen who revived and was in all the movies and the one who was retired and living with Peggy. Her mysterious husband was Steve Rodgers all the time.
    Wouldnt Sharon find it weird that Steve looked exactly like her uncle? I know Marvel tries to act like she doesnt exist but thats a plothole I see right there. Other people (like within SHIELD/Hydra) would have known and I dont think this is something that could have been kept secret. The divergent timeline makes more sense

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wouldnt Sharon find it weird that Steve looked exactly like her uncle? I know Marvel tries to act like she doesnt exist but thats a plothole I see right there. Other people (like within SHIELD/Hydra) would have known and I dont think this is something that could have been kept secret. The divergent timeline makes more sense

OK I'm tired of people saying that Cap America lived his life in the Main Time line -- In the MCU, Time travel does not work that way, if it did, the movie would be different... .. from the Russo Brother themselves -

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    OK I'm tired of people saying that Cap America lived his life in the Main Time line -- In the MCU, Time travel does not work that way, if it did, the movie would be different... .. from the Russo Brother themselves -

Booooo. I won't dispute them. But boooo.

My question: why did people saying Cap and Peggy got to live out their lives in the prime timeline bug you?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People keep discussing the re-release of Endgame. Well Avatar itself had a re-release 4 years later already with added footage etc that netted $30+ million. In fact had Avengers not had a re-release and it was facing off against the original run of Avatar...it would have beaten it. In fact the film originally did $2.749+ billion dollars worldwide. Endgame before this was over 2.5+ billion.

So its not like Avatar didn't use this trick to boost its worldwide gross as we saw. Avengers doing it close to Spider-Man's release is smart thinking.
    The issue is a lot of salty fans were using rereleases to smear Avatar’s box office record and many of those same people were rooting for Endgame to overtake it and are now hypocritically turning a blind eye to the re-release

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post

That still doesn’t make sense. If you want to argue it was an alternate timeline, then old Steve shouldn’t have showed up in what was effectively the main timeline. And if you want to argue that he returned with Pym particles, it gets even more convoluted. It’s looking more like the script writers and the Russo’s weren’t on the same page

Yeah, this alternate timeline/Peggy's two husbands doesn't work for me either.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

The easiest explanation is Cap went back, decided to stay with Peggy, they loved a relatively secluded life and few of any knew the secret of her husband (likely meaning Steve spent the early years as a homebody until he aged past being immediately recognizable as Cap). Sharon probably either knew or found out extremely late (Cap would have been presumed missing so it’s easier to pretend he’s just hiding until they have to tell her in 2012 that there was some time travel involved. And even then she met Cap on like two significant occasions

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The easiest explanation is Cap went back, decided to stay with Peggy, they loved a relatively secluded life and few of any knew the secret of her husband (likely meaning Steve spent the early years as a homebody until he aged past being immediately recognizable as Cap). Sharon probably either knew or found out extremely late (Cap would have been presumed missing so it’s easier to pretend he’s just hiding until they have to tell her in 2012 that there was some time travel involved. And even then she met Cap on like two significant occasions
    That's not the "easiest" explanation since it causes A LOT more plot contrivances/holes than the alternate timeline theory.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That's not the "easiest" explanation since it causes A LOT more plot contrivances/holes than the alternate timeline theory.
    No it really doesn't. If you accept an alternate timeline thoery then the glaring plot hole is that Cap NEVER should have been able to be in that timeline as an old man. Or you have to accept that for absolutely no reason he waited until he was decades older to travel back to the original timeline for the sake of telling his friends about what happened after nearly 70 years of life which is a contriviance.

Keeping it in the same timeline only requires that at some point after the last time we saw Peggy, Cap returned to her and they kept it relatively low key. The biggest issue realistically is Sharon and from her perspective she had an uncle Steve her entire life and at some point maybe a couple years before her aunt died they told her what really happened and said "he'll be back in the past in a few years, just keep it quiet until then". Or she just never met him until he was much older and didn't recognize him.

What's an easier pill to swallow, people keeping quiet or Cap for no reason at all showing up in a timeline he shouldn't be in after the whole movie basically told us the timeline was repaired?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No it really doesn't. If you accept an alternate timeline thoery then the glaring plot hole is that Cap NEVER should have been able to be in that timeline as an old man. Or you have to accept that for absolutely no reason he waited until he was decades older to travel back to the original timeline for the sake of telling his friends about what happened after nearly 70 years of life which is a contriviance.

Keeping it in the same timeline only requires that at some point after the last time we saw Peggy, Cap returned to her and they kept it relatively low key. The biggest issue realistically is Sharon and from her perspective she had an uncle Steve her entire life and at some point maybe a couple years before her aunt died they told her what really happened and said "he'll be back in the past in a few years, just keep it quiet until then". Or she just never met him until he was much older and didn't recognize him.

What's an easier pill to swallow, people keeping quiet or Cap for no reason at all showing up in a timeline he shouldn't be in after the whole movie basically told us the timeline was repaired?
    There's also the idea that Cap would sit around allowing events to unfold that he could prevent, which doesn't make sense in your version. Nor does Sharon keeping it a secret yet still kissing him doesn't make sense. And if she didn't know who her "Uncle" really was, then she'd have wondered why her Aunt Peggy's husband wasn't at her funeral.