Page 104 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Avengers: Endgame' writers admit time-travel plot was so confusing they had to shoot new scenes to explain it

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...130000217.html
    I was also expecting Nebula to vanish when she shot her past self and Cap's situation with the aging clearly implied he had lived through the past in the reality that was the base reality of the MCU unless they were implying he lived to the present in an alternate reality then shifted back to the main MCU.

No, I don't think their explanations helped. People just went with it and enjoyed the ride. And I say that as someone who loved Back to the Future 2 and was not confused at all by the details of time travel.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Can Vision even exist in the MCU without the stone?
    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He died without it. So probably a no but thinking they'll find a way to bring him back with an artificial thingy that mimics the stone per Prof, Hulk.
    I thought the point of what Shuri was doing was to safely remove the stone and keep Vision as Vision....so I wonder why they did not repair him after the snap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I thought the point of what Shuri was doing was to safely remove the stone and keep Vision as Vision....so I wonder why they did not repair him after the snap.
    I imagine all sorts of crazy **** happened with Wakanda's leading technical expert being snapped out of existence (and 50% of it's staff). I suspect it's on Shuri's TODO list but she might have a lot of other stuff to take care of first.

Hard to tell, but I do recall there being a set deadline of when Shuri could finish what she was doing, and the stone had to still be there until she was done or Vision would die. If they could just remove the stone and fix him later, Infinity War wouldn't have had quite so much urgency where he was concerned.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Odds are rebuilding vision simply wasn’t a priority when the world suddenly loses over half its population in minutes. They might’ve gotten around finishing Vision eventually but it wouldn’t of been anytime soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Hard to tell, but I do recall there being a set deadline of when Shuri could finish what she was doing, and the stone had to still be there until she was done or Vision would die. If they could just remove the stone and fix him later, Infinity War wouldn't have had quite so much urgency where he was concerned.
    Yeah, in IW, Shuri was working on properly/safely severing the connections Vision had to the stone. He'd also likely need a supplemental power-source, which possibly hadn't been found/constructed yet.

Straight-up ripping the stone out (as Thanos did) likely messed things up pretty badly.

I was talking with a friend about Avengers Endgame. I know there are some people who dislike Captain America giving the shield to Falcon and thought he should have given it to Bucky instead.

Here is my question, could Cap simply had pulled out a second shield and said, "Here Bucky, I brought one for you too." Would that appease people or just make them mad for a different reason?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I was talking with a friend about Avengers Endgame. I know there are some people who dislike Captain America giving the shield to Falcon and thought he should have given it to Bucky instead.

Here is my question, could Cap simply had pulled out a second shield and said, "Here Bucky, I brought one for you too." Would that appease people or just make them mad for a different reason?
    Loooooolll perfect millennial ending everybody gets a shield. I think Falcon is definitely more mentally stable than Bucky and has the innocence (kinda) that Cap had when he got it. It's inferred Cap and Bucky already had the conversation about the shield before he jumped. I see Bucky more as USA agent at this point.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-24-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah with Shuri gone and ptsd Tony and Hulk guess Vision wasn't a priority. Plus working him into the plot probably wasn't feasible.

Loooooolll perfect millennial ending everybody gets a shield. I think Falcon is definitely more mentally stable than Bucky and has the innocence (kinda) that Cap had when he got it. It's inferred Cap and Bucky already had the conversation about the shield before he jumped. I see Bucky more as USA agent at this point.
    Sorry, I wasn't even thinking like that, but that did make me laugh too.

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't even thinking like that, but that did make me laugh too.

Haha they should have just handed out shields to everyone after the movie so nobody felt left out.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Odds are rebuilding vision simply wasn’t a priority when the world suddenly loses over half its population in minutes. They might’ve gotten around finishing Vision eventually but it wouldn’t of been anytime soon.
    Since Shuri hadn't finished removing the stone, returning Vision after the snap would have meant the Mind Stone being in two places at once. Thus, might not have been possible. Additionally, Hulk was just trying to undo what Thanos' snap had done, not add any elements.

Haha they should have just handed out shields to everyone after the movie so nobody felt left out.
    31vsdd.jpg

I'm meming myself now.

I have not read all the comments already posted here, so it is possible that I repeat what has already been said, but my problems with the movie:

With Loki creating a new timeline, Hulk was not able to keep his promise to Tilda Swanton.

The original Gamora is still dead, the New Gamora is a younger version from another timeline.

I don't see why Hulk couldn't bring back those who died from other reasons than Thanos snap of his fingers.

When they were able to control Ant-Man's aging, it means they are actually able to make old people young again, like the old Steve Rogers. You could actually become immortal if you could use it every time you got old. And noboy sees the potential? I'm guessing this is one of the things we will see on Youtube in "How it should have ended". There are rich and powerful people out there that would pay a huge amount of money for the technology (or simply steal it). Also, if you can go back in time without causing any consequences (the worst you could do is creating another timeline), imagine all those possibilities. Adding time travel as part of the plot is always risky storywise.
    (And the idea of stealing the stones and then put them back before anyone were missing them; I remember Bill and Ted used that trick when they stole the key to the prison from Ted's dad. Just an observation.)

What was Steve Rogers doing all those years when living with his girlfriend? Obviously he didn't create a new timeline, since he was waiting for them at the lake. I just find it amazing that he was able to live under the radar for all those decades without SHIELD finding out, and not trying to do something good for the world.

And Thanos' plan was horrible from the start: https://www.gamesradar.com/what-woul...lation-expert/ And as long as he didn't do anything about the population growth, it wouldn't take many decades before we had the same amount of people. In the comic he killed half of all the living creatures in the universe partly as a love declaration to Death, and partly because there were more individuals living than the total amount of individuals who had died in the history of the universe, which he meant was a cosmic imbalance that he needed to fix.
    Also, if you are going to kill half of the world's population, why not start with all those with no or very little importance for society, instead of just randomly killing them off? He said he wanted to create paradise, so at least leave behind those who are most competent to bring that vision to life.

Either way, it's gonna be interesting to see what's next in the shared movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    What was Steve Rogers doing all those years when living with his girlfriend? Obviously he didn't create a new timeline, since he was waiting for them at the lake. I just find it amazing that he was able to live under the radar for all those decades without SHIELD finding out, and not trying to do something good for the world.
    One theory I have seen. which I like is that the Cap who went back was the post Thanos Cap and that there were always two Caps in our timeline. The one frozen who revived and was in all the movies and the one who was retired and living with Peggy. Her mysterious husband was Steve Rodgers all the time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!