Page 109 of 121 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1811
    Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea logic leads you there but people either want it to make no sense or are putting way too much faith in what the writers said when the directors and the movie say the exact opposite. Feige is the only person who's explanation would overrule The Russos imo just because hes the one person involved who has a higher say in the narrative going forward. And let's say All the story ideas that theRussos gave Marcus and Mcfeely to adapt and apparently they came up with alot. Let's just say none were time travel aspects and the writers single handedly came up with that. The directors can then still come in and change things weather it's in editing or just tweaking scene while they're being filmed. Also the Russos were heavily involved in the direction if the story. So I'm perplexed by people saying the Writers opinion over rules the directors. Cause again even if the writers wrote it all and intended it one way. The Russos have final say and could change it as they see fit. So they're opinion plus the movie itself tells me you cant change your past. Just create new timelines.
    Truth of the matter I don't care who gives the explanation as long as it makes sense.. if the Directors didn't gave a good explanation I would have challenged it and so would others .. but I do agree with you, Directors have final say - they control Acting, shooting, pacing, story, dialogue, etc, and if they don't like anything they can change it .. plus if a movie succeed or fail, they bear the most responsibility in the eyes of the studio, fans , ect.. On why some people accept Cap America and Peggy living in the main time line even though it will make no sense , is really simple , they just REALLY want it to be true ..
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 07-12-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It does crack me up, the amount of time and screaming we fans invest in the precise workings of fake science extrapolated from bleeding-edge-yet-to-be-empirically-tested scientific conceptualization.
    It is funny but also forces comic books and movies, ect to be made better or it will be called out.. plus we argue, debate to show how much love we have for it...

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    ...On why some people accept Cap America and Peggy living in the main time line even though it will make no sense , is really simple , they just REALLY want it to be true ..
    This is true. I was also (and still am) friendly to the Main Timeline Conjecture, because I can't claim to really understand the "science" proposed by the film.

NOTE: this is not an invitation for someone to educate me. The descriptions of temporal mechanics littered throughout Endgame nearly gave me nosebleeds. One spoon of that is enough; when it hits my Prime purchases, I intend to check my phone during those parts.

I think people are giving this more thought than the Russos did. They knew this was likely the last time CE would be playing the role and gave his character a nice ending that doesnt ever have to be explained or followed up on. Does it potentially create confusion, make little sense, etc...? Yes but ultimately it doesnt matter. Its likely never going to come into play. The most I expect to be done with this is a What If story in the Disney + anthology series featuring Cap during that lost time

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this but here goes.

I REALLY enjoyed Endgame but there are a few adjustments I would have made.

For a start - that whole Hawkeye thing should have been it's own movie. Him losing his family and becoming a vigilante... I think that idea would sustain a film of it's own and it would have been a cool thing to release a month or so before Endgame premiered. I kind of like the idea of the MCU having it's own, gritty Dirty Harry sort of story.

Also - when the Hulk snaps his fingers and brings everybody back... I would like to have seen some some scenes of how that affected the world. More than just birds tweeting and Hawkeye's phone ringing.

He should have snapped his fingers and then it should have gone into a montage scene. See some grieving parents suddenly seeing their kids reappear in the back garden playing. See a lonely old man sitting on a sofa and his wife just appearing next to him. Even something weird like a woman gazing at a scan of her lost baby... then all of a sudden her stomach growing and her waters breaking.

Some asked the question would people who were on planes just fall out of the sky? I know Feige answered that... but maybe we could have seen that happen. Just before they hit the ground we see one or two of Doctor Strange's little vortex things open up to swallow them and deposit them somewhere safe. Then THAT could have been used as an explanation of why the gang showed up late to take on Thanos.

I would have like to have seen more of how the snap reversal affected the world. Could have been wonderful and moving.

Still fucking love the movie though!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think people are giving this more thought than the Russos did. They knew this was likely the last time CE would be playing the role and gave his character a nice ending that doesnt ever have to be explained or followed up on. Does it potentially create confusion, make little sense, etc...? Yes but ultimately it doesnt matter. Its likely never going to come into play. The most I expect to be done with this is a What If story in the Disney + anthology series featuring Cap during that lost time
    It's intentionally also ambiguous I think. Because if Chris Evans ever wants to return and/or follow up in the role/do a cameo or whatever, now they have that option.

If they locked in a direct "this is exactly happened to him" thing, they might not have that option in the future.

Ultimate Member

A detail that I really liked was Hank Pym showing up for Tony's funeral. Given how much it's been emphasized that Hank didn't like the Stark's, the idea that he essentially went "Tony died to save all of humanity, even I have to respect him for that" appeals to me.

I'm partial to the alternate timeline approach with the Peggy and Steve thing because it doesn't erase the experiences and growth she had after Steve. Though I wouldn't blame him for being selfish after all he had been through, Steve stepping in to be her husband and father to her kids (presumably), effectively erasing the life she had before time-travel shenanigans, would be pretty fudged up. Operating under the model of the "he was the husband all along model", would mean that he wouldn't be erasing anyone from an 'in-story' perspective, but from a 'meta/out-of story' perspective, I don't like the fact that it prioritizes his story in favor of hers. I, of course, understand that in this instance it is his story and he'll naturally get the priority, but, Peggy had a show which featured her making forward movements in life. The "husband all along" thingy regresses her story, imo.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    A detail that I really liked was Hank Pym showing up for Tony's funeral. Given how much it's been emphasized that Hank didn't like the Stark's, the idea that he essentially went "Tony died to save all of humanity, even I have to respect him for that" appeals to me.
    Or possibly wanting to make sure he was dead?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Or possibly wanting to make sure he was dead?
    Hey, it could be both

Time line Cap stuff. I still don't like the alternative Cap/Peggy. First he is with alternative Peggy, not his Peggy, I don't think that would sit well with him. And is there another Cap frozen while he is with Peggy, or no Cap in that timeline. Is he content that the original Peggy is married to someone else in the first timelie?
    I don't recall the details from Agent Carter, but I am pretty sure she got married after the events, so he could have gone back to her after the time of that show.
    The online Bio of her husband:
    "That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve... Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would... who would become my husband as it turned out."
    ―Peggy Carter[src]

Peggy Carter's Husband was the United States Army soldier during World War II who later married Peggy Carter.

Biography

During World War II, Peggy Carter's husband served as a member of a battalion of over one thousand soldiers. While fighting behind the German line just outside Stalingrad, the entire battalion was trapped by a blizzard. The battalion was pinned down by a HYDRA blockade for several months before they were rescued by Captain America in 1945. Following the war's end, he married Carter, with whom he had a son and daughter.

Carter recounted her husband's war experience during an interview in 1953, stating that "even after he died, Steve was still changing my life".[1]

And that soldier was Steve Rodgers but Peggy made up a little lie to stop people from knowing her husband was Cap. (He had to be using another name while married to her.

It just works better for me with one timeline, and since this is fiction, and comic book fiction at that, so retcons and explanations change all the time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Everyone assumes Steve went back for Peggy. Maybe he went back for Natalie Dormer's character.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Time line Cap stuff. I still don't like the alternative Cap/Peggy. First he is with alternative Peggy, not his Peggy, I don't think that would sit well with him. And is there another Cap frozen while he is with Peggy, or no Cap in that timeline. Is he content that the original Peggy is married to someone else in the first timelie?
    I don't recall the details from Agent Carter, but I am pretty sure she got married after the events, so he could have gone back to her after the time of that show.
    "That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve... Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pinned our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand men, including the man who would... who would become my husband as it turned out."
    ―Peggy Carter[src]

Peggy Carter's Husband was the United States Army soldier during World War II who later married Peggy Carter.

Biography

During World War II, Peggy Carter's husband served as a member of a battalion of over one thousand soldiers. While fighting behind the German line just outside Stalingrad, the entire battalion was trapped by a blizzard. The battalion was pinned down by a HYDRA blockade for several months before they were rescued by Captain America in 1945. Following the war's end, he married Carter, with whom he had a son and daughter.

Carter recounted her husband's war experience during an interview in 1953, stating that "even after he died, Steve was still changing my life".[1]

And that soldier was Steve Rodgers but Peggy made up a little lie to stop people from knowing her husband was Cap. (He had to be using another name while married to her.

It just works better for me with one timeline, and since this is fiction, and comic book fiction at that, so retcons and explanations change all the time.
    How is it not his Peggy? He went back to his peggy but his presence woulda created a new timeline with her and him. It's not a alternate reality peggy it's his Peggy. It's just not the old cenile Peggy he watched die, to him that's not his Peggy if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    ―Peggy Carter[src]

Biography

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    How is it not his Peggy? He went back to his peggy but his presence woulda created a new timeline with her and him. It's not a alternate reality peggy it's his Peggy. It's just not the old cenile Peggy he watched die, to him that's not his Peggy if you ask me.

I'm not going over this again... I'll just say this - If you can travel back in time and affect the main time line , and the only thing that causes branches is removing the infinity stone then why bother getting the infinity stone in the first place , just leave them there and follow up with WM/Rhodey's plan on Let's kill Baby Thanos plan or something to that affect ...

Until someone give me a plausible explanation and not just some wishful thinking.... I'm going to consider your Cap and Peggy living in the main time line , a Muggle, No-Maj, Baseline, Flatscan, Civilian opinion
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 07-13-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I'm not going over this again... I'll just say this - If you can travel back in time and affect the main time line , and the only thing that causes branches is removing the infinity stone then why bother getting the infinity stone in the first place , just leave them there and follow up with WM/Rhodey's plan on Let's kill Baby Thanos plan or something to that affect ...

Until someone give me a plausible explanation and not just some wishful thinking.... I'm going to consider your Cap and Peggy living in the main time line , a Muggle, No-Maj, Baseline, Flatscan, Civilian opinion
    Well Tony did say he wouldnt change anything and risk his daughter. Just happened to be you cant anyway so his daughter was safe