Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121
Results 1,801 to 1,811 of 1811
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Sure but everyone here has already been down this road with you and it goes nowhere.
    It’s funny that the same people that spout “Don’t trust RT for movie opinions” are the same people trying to get others to buy into their movie opinions.

How does not liking a movie everyone else loves make someone so angry?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-06-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How doe not liking a movie everyone else loves make someone so angry?
    This is social media. Last bastion of the self-esteem of the irrelevant.

IMHO. In the MCU Captain Marvel is Marvel's Superman. (I haven't read Marvel Comics for at least 4 or 5 "Big Events").
    But she is the most powerful hero in the MCU. Yes, stronger than Hulk and Thor, and even Thanos. I say she answers that question of who is Marvel's Superman.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Vision is also pretty much Superman, if he chose to be.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Marvel has no Superman, Marvel has no Batman, and Marvel has no Wonder Woman I love Marvel but they have no characters that equal what those 3 mean to the DC Universe Spidey is arguably the face of Marvel and FF the First Family, and Wolverine is popular but none mean to the Marvel Universe what the DC Trinity means.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Marvel has no Superman, Marvel has no Batman, and Marvel has no Wonder Woman I love Marvel but they have no characters that equal what those 3 mean to the DC Universe Spidey is arguably the face of Marvel and FF the First Family, and Wolverine is popular but none mean to the Marvel Universe what the DC Trinity means.
    And guess what?

That's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    IMHO. In the MCU Captain Marvel is Marvel's Superman. (I haven't read Marvel Comics for at least 4 or 5 "Big Events").
    But she is the most powerful hero in the MCU. Yes, stronger than Hulk and Thor, and even Thanos. I say she answers that question of who is Marvel's Superman.
    While acknowledging that Marvel has no Superman, I would say the MCU has set up Captain Marvel as something similar, the go-to person when no one else can do it. They had her getting the best of Thanos and he had to use an Infinity gem to save himself (although the Scarlet Witch also had him screaming for help) but Cap went toe-to-toe and was beating the guy that slapped the Hulk around like a jobber. Jury's still out on Thor but, positionally, they are putting Cap into the Superman job.
    Power with Girl is better.

Marvel has no Superman, Marvel has no Batman, and Marvel has no Wonder Woman
    Not counting Squadron Supreme, there is the Sentry and Moon Knight. I'm pretty sure that Marvel would love if Carol Danvers became their own Wonder Woman, too (and I can see the case being made that she's the best pick for that).

I love Marvel but they have no characters that equal what those 3 mean to the DC Universe Spidey is arguably the face of Marvel and FF the First Family, and Wolverine is popular but none mean to the Marvel Universe what the DC Trinity means.
    Honestly, I think the F4 time has come and gone. Wolverine I agree is a popular character from his franchise, but not on the Trinity level. I think Spider-Man holds his own really really well, though. I mean, conventional wisdom is that the only superheroes more popular then he is are Superman and Batman (admittedly two of the Trinity, but still) and certainly hold their place as the top character of his publisher. So, yeah, I think he is on par with the Trinity, albeit standing alone.

All that said, does Marvel need their own Trinity?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not counting Squadron Supreme, there is the Sentry and Moon Knight. I'm pretty sure that Marvel would love if Carol Danvers became their own Wonder Woman, too (and I can see the case being made that she's the best pick for that).

Honestly, I think the F4 time has come and gone. Wolverine I agree is a popular character from his franchise, but not on the Trinity level. I think Spider-Man holds his own really really well, though. I mean, conventional wisdom is that the only superheroes more popular then he is are Superman and Batman (admittedly two of the Trinity, but still) and certainly hold their place as the top character of his publisher. So, yeah, I think he is on par with the Trinity, albeit standing alone.

All that said, does Marvel need their own Trinity?
    Not really I've always said I'll take the Justice League over the Avengers. But when you go past the big team i just enjoy marvel much more. But 10yeara from now it's all gonna be different the MCU had a huge effect on General public. Captain America and Iron Mans popularity is gonna be up there.

Also Superman is the most iconic character out there but Spiderman out sells all of them. A few years ago Spiderman made more in a year off Merch then Batman,Superman, and avengers combined.

But I'm pretty sure the original poster who said Carol was Marvels superman just meant her power level not her cultural status. They just means shes OP and you gotta get creative to make anyone a threat to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

But I'm pretty sure the original poster who said Carol was Marvels superman just meant her power level not her cultural status. They just means shes OP and you gotta get creative to make anyone a threat to her.
    Exactly. I specifically said in the MCU. And I was talking about power. Her role in Endgame was similar to Superman in Justice League, when he took on Stepenwolf.