Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Thor feels so all over the place in the MCU. It's like they can't make up their mind what kind of character they want him to be, and here he comes off more like a parody of himself or Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski then the actual Thor. I was honestly surprised he was still Worthy enough to wield Mjolnir, but a part of me thinks they only had that happen so Mjolnir could be in the present day so Cap could wield it.
    I think they started going in one direction for Thor and that played all the way to Age of Ultron, but by the time Ragnarok came out, we had a different, more comedic Thor, and they decided to stick with that version of him.

- I knew Pepper was going to be Rescue in this movie but it felt a little much that this woman who, up to this point, has been pretty much just a civilian could just fly in with a new armor we've never seen her use before and immediately fight as well as Tony does. I mean, maybe it was partially the armor, but it just felt a little ridiculous.
    That was a bit much for me because not only was Pepper SO against Tony putting himself in harm's way to save the world in Infinity War but then she goes and does the same thing in Endgame despite the fact that they now have a child.

- Is the reason Peter barely quips in these movies because they don't know how to write Spider-Man's quips or just don't think it's believable that a kid his age would quip like Spider-Man? And can he keep his mask on and identity a secret for more then five minutes?
    I think they want to emphasize the fact that Peter is still new at this and in over his head. Quipping would make him seem too confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I hoped to see Quicksilver, but the real letdown here was no Vision and no Coulson. No Coulson! In the movie that's the sendoff for the whole first three Phases of the MCU! They got him back for Captain Marvel but couldn't find the time for a cameo in Endgame? Terrible.
    When I found out about him being in Captain Marvel, I was almost certain that would mean he'd be in Endgame too. Kind of a tease, I'd love to have seen him make an appearance here.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think they started going in one direction for Thor and that played all the way to Age of Ultron, but by the time Ragnarok came out, we had a different, more comedic Thor, and they decided to stick with that version of him.

That was a bit much for me because not only was Pepper SO against Tony putting himself in harm's way to save the world in Infinity War but then she goes and does the same thing in Endgame despite the fact that they now have a child.

I think they want to emphasize the fact that Peter is still new at this and in over his head. Quipping would make him seem too confident.

When I found out about him being in Captain Marvel, I was almost certain that would mean he'd be in Endgame too. Kind of a tease, I'd love to have seen him make an appearance here.
    As far as Coulson. Captain Marvel was a prequel. Joss Whedon who directed the AOS pilot, said in his mind Coulson was still dead. This IIRC was a response to a question about Age of Ultron not informing THE avengers he was alive. If I had to bet money despite the tiny Jarvis cameo Feige doesnt recognize anything not made by Marvel Studios. Including AOS and the Netflix shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    As far as Coulson. Captain Marvel was a prequel.
    And Endgame had time travel. I know by the time they went back to the New York battle in 2012, Loki had already killed Coulson, but it would still be nice to see him somewhere. They brought back dead characters like Howard Stark and Frigga, Coulson wouldn't have been too out there.

Ultimate Member

And Endgame had time travel. I know by the time they went back to the New York battle in 2012, Loki had already killed Coulson, but it would still be nice to see him somewhere. They brought back dead characters like Howard Stark and Frigga, Coulson wouldn't have been too out there.
    I agree in principle, but in practice I can't see where they might have been able to place him.

- I guess I'm kind of glad they finally dropped the pretense of Steve moving on from Peggy and gave him a proper ending with her. As much as Cap tried he was always a man out of time and a man who could never truly move on, but he finally got to go back to where he truly felt he belonged. At the same time, I still feel like as a result of all this they totally bungled Sharon. She deserved better.
    I also liked that Cap and Peggy got their happy ending though yeah it does make Sharon a dropped plot thread.

- Thor feels so all over the place in the MCU. It's like they can't make up their mind what kind of character they want him to be, and here he comes off more like a parody of himself or Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski then the actual Thor. I was honestly surprised he was still Worthy enough to wield Mjolnir, but a part of me thinks they only had that happen so Mjolnir could be in the present day so Cap could wield it.
    I think what happened is that the Thor movies just were not doing well so they tried comedy and it worked big time so they mostly are staying with it for Thor. Not my favorite but I understand why.

- I have mixed feelings about Professor Hulk. I mean, it was always the proper "endgame" for Bruce and Hulk's characters but having it be off-screen just kind of cheapens it for me, and they only seemed to use it for more jokes then anything else. I did like that scene where Bruce had to pretend to be Savage Hulk but I wanted to see him cut loose a little more. The most impressive thing he did was using the Gauntlet and the shout-out to Secret Wars #4, but the latter was nowhere near as impressive as the comic version.
    I think this was an unfortunate result of Disney and the MCU giving up on anymore Hulk movies though I wish they had not just skipped over how he became Professor Hulk.

- I don't know how I feel about Natasha's sacrifice. I mean, knowing her solo movie is coming out means it will probably stick as much as Gamora's did, and it fit with her character development to see her sacrifice herself for the greater good, but killing off your only female founding member just seems a little much. Especially when we had a scene of the rest of the original team, all dudes, talking about her.
    I've heard the Black Widow movie will be set in the past. Depending on how far back, not sure how believable it will be for Scarlett Johannson to play her.

- Carol is so overpowered. I mean, I thought she was reasonably really powerful in her solo movie, but this takes that and multiplies it by 11. The only thing that did any real damage to her was the Power Stone. It's going to be interesting to see if they can actually give her believable threats that she won't just steamroll over or temper her powers somehow.
    I suspect and hope she will be facing truly cosmic threats,

- I knew Pepper was going to be Rescue in this movie but it felt a little much that this woman who, up to this point, has been pretty much just a civilian could just fly in with a new armor we've never seen her use before and immediately fight as well as Tony does. I mean, maybe it was partially the armor, but it just felt a little ridiculous.
    Of course, this was five years later but a training montage would have been nice to show she had been preparing.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

- Carol is so overpowered. I mean, I thought she was reasonably really powerful in her solo movie, but this takes that and multiplies it by 11. The only thing that did any real damage to her was the Power Stone. It's going to be interesting to see if they can actually give her believable threats that she won't just steamroll over or temper her powers somehow.
    With X-men comes Omega level mutants and The Shi'ar including Gladiator. With Fantastic Four comes The negative Zone, Galactus, and his heralds(Not just Surfer but Terrax, Firelord, etc). They won't be want for opponents that can challenge her.

I get that, but Ragnarok, Infinity War, and now Endgame it feels like Thor is just so over the board with his characterization.
    I can see that, but that kind of confidence is part of the Spidey persona, even though Holland really doesn't have much of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    With X-men comes Omega level mutants and The Shi'ar including Gladiator. With Fantastic Four comes The negative Zone, Galactus, and his heralds(Not just Surfer but Terrax, Firelord, etc). They won't be want for opponents that can challenge her.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Kree try to recreate what happened to Carol and that becomes a major rival for her. Maybe that's how we get Moonstone.

BANNED

I get that, but Ragnarok, Infinity War, and now Endgame it feels like Thor is just so over the board with his characterization.
    I honestly think I'd have been ok with this characterization if they hadn't chosen Ragnarok as the storyline to do it with.

Extraordinary Member

Spidey's quips do not always come from confidence. They are often a coping mechanism for how overwhelmed he feels. So him quipping would emphasize how inexperienced he was if done right.

Yea but for what purpose? Just to do it? Frigga and Howard served a purpose. If I had to choose between those two showing up or Coulson I'd pick them. Wouldnt have minded Coulson making a cameo but defiently wouldnt want the script rewritten so they travel to a time Coulson is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Spidey's quips do not always come from confidence. They are often a coping mechanism for how overwhelmed he feels. So him quipping would emphasize how inexperienced he was if done right.
    Agreed. The lack of his distinct quipping has been probably one of my biggest issues with MCU Spider-Man.

BANNED

Agreed. The lack of his distinct quipping has been probably one of my biggest issues with MCU Spider-Man.
    In Giant Size Marvel Team-Up #2, Shang Chi observed that Spiderman quipped in order to distract his opponents, which was effective enough to have allowed him to get the upper hand on Shang Chi in a fight that otherwise Spiderman was losing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea but for what purpose? Just to do it? Frigga and Howard served a purpose. If I had to choose between those two showing up or Coulson I'd pick them. Wouldnt have minded Coulson making a cameo but defiently wouldnt want the script rewritten so they travel to a time Coulson is alive.
    They could have decided to get the mind stone from the helicarrier. That would have put them in proximity to Coulson, and led to a conflict about whether to change the past and save his life. Deciding not to could have explained a little better why Steve lived through all history without saving Bucky from the Russians brainwashing.

Ultimate Member

Ya know, if you pay attention to Infinity War, you see pretty clearly why a quipping Spider-Man isn't a good idea.

When the Guardians approach, his joke wastes enough time for the Guardians to attack, and when fighting Thanos, his joke 'Magic with a kick!' gives away his angle of attack to Thanos, allowing him to catch Spidey, and take out both Spidey and Dr. Strange.

Plus, in real life, smart ass comments are hard in the middle of a fight :P

I wouldn't be surprised if the Kree try to recreate what happened to Carol and that becomes a major rival for her. Maybe that's how we get Moonstone.
    I could see that too, but I'm holding out hope for Michael Korvac to be the villain.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    And it works great when it's just a Spider-Man story. When it's an Avengers story with a TON of characters in the middle of a battle, I can see why they wanted to show Peter overwhelmed and out of his depth in the middle of this huge battle where the more seasoned Avengers are the focus.