Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Does it state how exactly Banner and Hulk 'merge'? Maybe he got some help from Ty Burrel's Samson like in the comics. (BTW according to the Russos Betty was apparently a victim of the snap, not sure if the General was)
    No. He just says he stopped viewing the Hulk as a disease needing to be cured. So I assume he entered into a truce with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    No. He just says he stopped viewing the Hulk as a disease needing to be cured. So I assume he entered into a truce with him.
    Actually he does say something about 14 or 18 months with some Gamma experiment as well, and that is how he got to his current state. Or maybe I'm misremembering. I'm seeing it again soon, so I'll have to listen more carefully to that part. But yeah, it's mostly him and the Hulk coming to terms with each other.

Astonishing Member

I also find it amusing that, in the comics, great pains were taken to have Carol's hair grow out to match her movie appearance. Yet here she ends up with the short hair. So can we expect her to get it cut again in the comics anytime soon? Also, now that Tony has a daughter with Pepper, how long before that gets carried over into the comics?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Actually he does say something about 14 or 18 months with some Gamma experiment as well, and that is how he got to his current state. Or maybe I'm misremembering. I'm seeing it again soon, so I'll have to listen more carefully to that part.
    I remember him saying something of the sort. But yeah, I need to listen to that part more closely upon my second watch.

Just finished watching the movie and I absolutely loved it. The Russo's delivered and I am so excited for the future of the MCU. All hail Fat Thor!!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That ending with Cap and Peggy was utterly perfect.

Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Lol I get the feeling next week when they do a spoiler review. That Martin gonna have it in for Korey. The few complaints Korey had, Martin looked like he wanted to argue with him but knew he couldnt without dropping spoilers.

BANNED

I caught the movie around midnight last night. I'm not the biggest fan of MCU movies, and as a finale I thought they nailed it only in the last hour, not to say the first two hours weren't fun, I had a blast with the time heists, but that first hour is undoubtedly the worst part, packed with the kindergarden level humour I've come to hate from this franchise.

I give the film a B-

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Does it state how exactly Banner and Hulk 'merge'? Maybe he got some help from Ty Burrel's Samson like in the comics. (BTW according to the Russos Betty was apparently a victim of the snap, not sure if the General was)
    Ross is there at Stark's funeral isn't he? Strangely no Betty though. Would have been nice for a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Also, now that Tony has a daughter with Pepper, how long before that gets carried over into the comics?
    That depends on whether Slott is interested in reconciling Tony and Pepper, who've been estranged since Superior Iron Man. Over in Spencer's ASM, Pepper's even been implied to have visited a support group for superhero's loved ones to talk about how messed up their relationship's become and how they're just professional colleagues now.

Mind you, Hawkeye's family has been around since 2015 in the movies and they've never been introduced in the books
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 04-24-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Mighty Member

Pity they didn't kill off Thor instead of Tony, he's become a parody of himself.
    Also....so they kill off Black Widow. The only female Avenger (apart from Wanda, who was only an Avenger since CW). Nice.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

So, I guess that Black Widow movie is definitely a prequel, eh?

Her death was kinda muted for me because I assumed she'd be miraculously brought back by the end for her solo movie. It probably would have hit me much harder if I hadn't known about her finally getting her own film.

It will be interesting to see how her death plays upon repeat viewings.

Astonishing Member

Oh no, please not another prequel. (in case of Black Widow)

Is Spider-Man far from home happenig before Avengers Endgame, too?

All in all, i am so happy to be part of the MCU from the very beginning, they did absolutely no wrong with a few exceptions.

What Marvel did with this movie series is an accomplishment no one can copy in that quality, in the next decades.

And i can tell you all about it, i watched the Spider-Man tv series, the crappy Dr. Strange movie (before the MCU), Dolph Lundgren Punisher, Captain America even before the 1990 movie and so on...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    And i can tell you all about it, i watched the Spider-Man tv series, the crappy Dr. Strange movie (before the MCU), Dolph Lundgren Punisher, Captain America even before the 1990 movie and so on...
    I've watched those more times than I've bothered rewatching an MCU movie. Sometimes even unironically.

Seeing it for the second time was still a magical joyride. It just really reiterated how awesome it was to have all of these actors, even if screentime was limited, to produce something that I'm not sure will ever be matched in scale. What I saw on screen just did not seem possible with the logistics of reality.

Also, Alan Silvestri killed it with the score. I think it's his best work in the MCU. I loved hearing music cues for certain characters at certain special moments. Mixing misic from Captain Marvel for example, which wasn't even his score. Soooooo dope.

Extraordinary Member

I give it 7 out of 10.

Great on spectacle and it has some genuinely great moments, but the last completely undoes the whole internal logic of the story. How can you spoilers:
    kill the Thanos from 2014
    end of spoilers and still have all the events in Infinity Wars play out. It makes no sense.

Had they simply spoilers:
    sent Thanos and all his minions back in time and used the Mind Stone to erase their memories
    end of spoilers, that would have worked.

And while I enjoyed Captain Marvel in her own movie, she DID seem way OP in this one. It's not quite as bad as what we had with Superman in Justice League, but close.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Well,

Judging by the spoilers, I think there are no divergent realities. Just one fixed space-time continuum. They do not alter the past, they have always been part of it. It's not "Back to the Future 2".

Except they DO alter the past, which they said they couldn't do. If you can spoilers:
    kill Thanos before the events in Guardians of the Galaxy, why can't you bring Natasha and Gamora back to life.
    end of spoilers

Makes no sense.
    Last edited by brettc1; 04-25-2019 at 02:35 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Pity they didn't kill off Thor instead of Tony, he's become a parody of himself.
    Also....so they kill off Black Widow. The only female Avenger (apart from Wanda, who was only an Avenger since CW). Nice.
    You think the "only female Avenger" means something anymore with Captain Marvel, Okoye, Shuri, Valkyrie, Wasp, Mantis, Gamora and the mention Scarlet Witch around and plenty more on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I give it 7 out of 10.

Great on spectacle and it has some genuinely great moments, but the last completely undoes the whole internal logic of the story. How can you spoilers:
    kill the Thanos from 2014
    end of spoilers and still have all the events in Infinity Wars play out. It makes no sense.
    It changed "A" timeline,Not "THE" timeline they are in.The timeline they are in had stuff happen.Replace Timeline with word "Alternate reality" to kinda make more simple (or difficult) .Big time travel stories always suck on some level it is not worth hurting your head to figure out the fine details.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-25-2019 at 03:51 AM.