Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I saw it today.

First of all,i was a guy who most of the times, i don't avoid spoilers,especially if my anticipation is high and want to see if a movie worth the attention. I read spoilers and at script, the plot looks ambitious, a bit convulted and not as impressive as Infinity War. Guess what? It's one of those movies that in papers, the plot doesn't look impressive,but the execution is so great, you feel awe and shocked about the tornado of emotions.

I enjoyed that pretty much, it was a swansong for the MCU, with almost everyone having a passage through this film. The time travel wasn't only good as a reminder of the older movies, but also a nice vehicle for emotional scenes and reunions, especially Thor and Frigga.Also, tons of easter eggs and elements from various plots from comics(New Asgard, Hydra Cap etc).

The core of this film was the sendoff of the original MCU Avengers and it was one of the few movies that i saw the audience captivated and in tears in many moments.That's a great achievement and the true power of the film.

I have to say, the last battle is so epic, i felt goosebumps. Cap using the hammer and leading the big force of heroes and allies against Thanos army with the cry "Avengers Assemble" was the peak of MCU for me. Thanos even without the gauntlet, was quite dangerous, withstanding beasts like Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch.

My only complain is Thor's treatment(wasn't bad, but it was much closer to Thor 3 version than Infinity War one)and Steve's decision,who could come a little bit selfish.

8.5/10. I couldn't hope for a better closure to the original MCU Avengers.
    Steve's been through enough **** that he deserves to be a little bit selfish for once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    He's dead, so... pretty much. Plus, virtually everything he accomplished is undone so he has to rank as forgettable long-term.
    Heroes win. That’s how this works.

Do you even super hero comics?

Hell not even just comics. Like 99.9999% of fiction.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Well,

Judging by the spoilers, I think there are no divergent realities. Just one fixed space-time continuum. They do not alter the past, they have always been part of it. It's not "Back to the Future 2".
    I need to closely pay attention to the Ancient One's scene when I see the movie to get the gist of it, because apparently what she says to Bruce implies timelines, saying that giving him the Time Stone may save the world he knows but doom hers. The promise to restore the items to their place was a big part of placating her (she needed to hear about Strange to finally do it though).

The part that seems confusing with understanding it as one fixed continuum is Nebula killing her past self.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think I could name name about 5 common "problems" certain segments raise from time to time. My assumption in this case was the "problem" is that the villain died. Because apparently there's a terror that the MCU will run out of Marvel villains, and the general audience wants to see the same ones keep returning.
    Apart from outliers like Loki, I don’t think recurring villains would work as well in the movies as some people like to claim they’d prefer.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Heroes win. That’s how this works.

Do you even super hero comics?

Hell not even just comics. Like 99.9999% of fiction.
    Eh, I just find it that, 5-10 years from now, the general public aren't going to remember Thanos well and, at best, they're vaguely going to remember "the big purple guy". It's how these movies work.

Besides, superhero movies aren't fun if the heroes are constantly killing the villains. Sooner or later, they're going to run out of villains. Then what are they going to do? Reboot the universe?

BANNED

Eh, I just find it that, 5-10 years from now, the general public aren't going to remember Thanos well and, at best, they're vaguely going to remember "the big purple guy". It's how these movies work.
    Scabbers may be forgotten by the general audience. Voldemort will not. Thanos is Voldemort-level

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Besides, superhero movies aren't fun if the heroes are constantly killing the villains. Sooner or later, they're going to run out of villains. Then what are they going to do? Reboot the universe?
    Marvel comics could shut down tonight and Marvel Studios would be good for another 20 years (at least) before having to begin worrying about running out of villians.

Incredible Member

I think they could bring back Ultron. That wouldn't be that difficult to explain. And without Stark he would be more difficult to beat. Zemo is still alive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think I could name name about 5 common "problems" certain segments raise from time to time. My assumption in this case was the "problem" is that the villain died. Because apparently there's a terror that the MCU will run out of Marvel villains, and the general audience wants to see the same ones keep returning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Apart from outliers like Loki, I don’t think recurring villains would work as well in the movies as some people like to claim they’d prefer.
    Before the MCU runs out of good villains, they will need to reboot on account of not having the best heroes. You can only go so long without rebooting the franchise so Iron Man, Cap, and the rest can return and be a new generation's heroes.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Jim Starlin made a cameo as a truck driver per credits.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I think it's safe to say that this current iteration of the MCU is "finite", outside of the villains being used.

People don't live forever.

I liked Professor Hulk at the beginning and throughout the movie but I really wanted to see Hulk actually Hulk out, looking at both of the Infinity War and Endgame movies I was very disappointed in the Hulks character development.
    Thanos had no powers, in the comics he can shoot bolts from his hands, I found this underwhelming from my favourite cosmic villain.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I liked Professor Hulk at the beginning and throughout the movie but I really wanted to see Hulk actually Hulk out, looking at both of the Infinity War and Endgame movies I was very disappointed in the Hulks character development.
    Thanos had no powers, in the comics he can shoot bolts from his hands, I found this underwhelming from my favourite cosmic villain.
    In the comics he is strong enough to knock back galactus, stand toe to toe with his most powerful herald, and invulnerable enough to survive an energy blast that would destroy a planet, and can shrug off direct blasts from the Living Tribunal.

So I'm kinda glad about the energy bolt thing. MCU doesn't need Thanos going there.

The J-man

Does it state how exactly Banner and Hulk 'merge'? Maybe he got some help from Ty Burrel's Samson like in the comics. (BTW according to the Russos Betty was apparently a victim of the snap, not sure if the General was)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth