Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1811

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I assume he means the mouse is representative of Disney?
    That is one of the fun theories yes. But let’s face it, they could have hinted this if they wanted to. It wasn’t a black and white mouse for example.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That is one of the fun theories yes. But let’s face it, they could have hinted this if they wanted to. It wasn’t a black and white mouse for example.
    Or even a mouse

Finally saw it today. I think they completely pulled it off. It really was the culmination of all the 22 Movies. One thing that stands out is that since i am such a long time comic reader I kept waiting for the reset. I mean in comics they would never leave four major characters dead. But this wasn't comics and they obviously wanted it to be the Movie Universe. Though going forward I am not sure how they will reboot any of these characters for new movies while characters from the first phase, like Cap Marvel, Dr. Strange, Spidey and the Guardians still have movies coming out.

One small complaint. The final climatic battle was in a dusky, red gloom. The Avengers movies have been good about daylight final fights. But they did this one in the drk, a pet peeve of mine. It might be they had so much going on, with so many characters, that the CGI was too challenging or expensive to do it in daylight. But this is a minor complaint and doesn't stop this from being a great finale.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    One small complaint. The final climatic battle was in a dusky, red gloom. The Avengers movies have been good about daylight final fights. But they did this one in the drk, a pet peeve of mine. It might be they had so much going on, with so many characters, that the CGI was too challenging or expensive to do it in daylight. But this is a minor complaint and doesn't stop this from being a great finale.
    This was an issue that I had. Just because they were fighting in rubble they didn’t really have an excuse to desaturate everything and turn it into a wasteland of devastation and CGI friendly colour grading. As I speculated when I first posted about my reactions, perhaps they wanted it to contrast with the bright African battleground, but it was a strange choice IMO.

One more thing. I talked about this in the Captain Marvel Thread.Esoecially the way she went throught the Kree ships like they wer paper. In The MCU Captain Marvel is the most powerful being. Stronger than Thor or the Hulk. And more powerful than Thanos.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

One more thing. I talked about this in the Captain Marvel Thread.Esoecially the way she went throught the Kree ships like they wer paper. In The MCU Captain Marvel is the most powerful being. Stronger than Thor or the Hulk. And more powerful than Thanos.
    Yea its gonna be an issue for story telling going forward. Your gonna have a Superman problem without the Kryptonite.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea its gonna be an issue for story telling going forward. Your gonna have a Superman problem without the Kryptonite.
    Well, since MCU Carol's power is still very energy based, maybe give her next villain/eneny energy leech powers.(Like Rogue, or comic Carol herself who absorbs energy.)
    Maybe give Moonstone some degree of Carol/Rogue's aborspsion power that will be a direct counter to Carol.(Like draining her energy to the point she can't stay in her binary form. And then the fight would be more fair.)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, since MCU Carol's power is still very energy based, maybe give her next villain/eneny energy leech powers.(Like Rogue, or comic Carol herself who absorbs energy.)
    Maybe give Moonstone some degree of Carol/Rogue's aborspsion power that will be a direct counter to Carol.(Like draining her energy to the point she can't stay in her binary form. And then the fight would be more fair.)
    Yea there are ways around it. I also thought maybe her durability would be her weakness but once she no showed a headbut from Thanos that went out the window.

BANNED

You could also give her enemies who can't be defeated by being strong and durable.

Finally saw it a week ago. Fantastic. Took me five days to even notice there were a couple of things I wanted that did not happen. Mind you, I fully understand why they did not do them but I still wanted to see them.

No appearances by the Netflix characters. I understand time considerations, legal reasons and that a movie cannot depend on millions of people having watched some shows that, well, that most of them didn't watch.

Also, as expected, they totally snubbed Agents of Shield and the revelation that Coulson is alive. Again, I realize it's because they cannot have a movie that is making billions dependent on knowledge of a show most people haven't regularly watched. But they could haver just done a cameo. No need to understand every detail. But I guess the way they chose to do it was to say "Remember Coulson" by having him appear with Captain Marvel in the past without having to explain it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Finally saw it a week ago. Fantastic. Took me five days to even notice there were a couple of things I wanted that did not happen. Mind you, I fully understand why they did not do them but I still wanted to see them.

No appearances by the Netflix characters. I understand time considerations, legal reasons and that a movie cannot depend on millions of people having watched some shows that, well, that most of them didn't watch.

Also, as expected, they totally snubbed Agents of Shield and the revelation that Coulson is alive. Again, I realize it's because they cannot have a movie that is making billions dependent on knowledge of a show most people haven't regularly watched. But they could haver just done a cameo. No need to understand every detail. But I guess the way they chose to do it was to say "Remember Coulson" by having him appear with Captain Marvel in the past without having to explain it.
    I mean, in fairness, Coulson is dead again, and was at the time of Endgame. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozman79 View Post
    The tragic part is that it was Thor's need for vengeance that allowed Thanos time to snap his fingers in the first place. If Thor had no real emotional connection to killing Thanos, he may very well have gone straight for the head the first time. After what had been done to his people, Loki, and specifically Heimdall, he wanted Thanos to know who killed him, and he wanted to see the pain and fear in his eyes as he pushed the axe into his chest. That indulgence is what cost them. Probably even more than Quill's mistake on Titan. That was a pure red mist moment. It was still a dumb move, but Quill has form for letting his emotions drive his actions, so the way he reacted was understandable. Thor had time to stew on what Thanos had done to him, and he knew he wanted to make Thanos suffer before he died.
    Good point, I hadn't thought of it that way. It's not that Thor didn't go for the head, it's that once he had wounded Thanos, he didn't finish him off quickly. It was Thor's need for vengeance that lead him to give that little speech, which allowed Thanos' victory.

Finally saw it today. I think they completely pulled it off. It really was the culmination of all the 22 Movies. One thing that stands out is that since i am such a long time comic reader I kept waiting for the reset. I mean in comics they would never leave four major characters dead. But this wasn't comics and they obviously wanted it to be the Movie Universe. Though going forward I am not sure how they will reboot any of these characters for new movies while characters from the first phase, like Cap Marvel, Dr. Strange, Spidey and the Guardians still have movies coming out.
    Since it's a cinematic universe and not a comic book universe, I'm glad they had definitive endings for characters. Between The Dark Knight and Logan and now this, I'm hoping there is going to be a trend of having final performance for characters and their actors. The only drawback, of course, is not having the originals around for any future assemblings.

I'd rather see her fight an antagonist on equal foorting. Annihilus would be a great Captain Marvel villain with his alien nature and cosmic control rod. Or maybe Michael Korvac, his story would make for a good parallel with Carol's.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I would've liked that too, but the movie was too bloated as it was. We didn't even get a final scene of Nick Fury interacting with Tony or Steve.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Solving the Captain Marvel problem is easy: have her fight teams. Not teams full of jobs but members on the same level as her but in the same ballpark. Strong enough to challenge her one on one yet weak enough so the entire team vs her isn’t a complete curb stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I mean, in fairness, Coulson is dead again, and was at the time of Endgame. Just sayin'.
    This is what I get for waiting for Netflix. I knew Coulson was dying but did not realize he was gone.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Avengers: Endgame' writers admit time-travel plot was so confusing they had to shoot new scenes to explain it

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...130000217.html