Page 113 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1811
  1. #1681
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, if you pay attention to Infinity War, you see pretty clearly why a quipping Spider-Man isn't a good idea.

    When the Guardians approach, his joke wastes enough time for the Guardians to attack, and when fighting Thanos, his joke 'Magic with a kick!' gives away his angle of attack to Thanos, allowing him to catch Spidey, and take out both Spidey and Dr. Strange.

    Plus, in real life, smart ass comments are hard in the middle of a fight :P
    All I remember is the "hey guys, do you remember (insert dated movie reference)?" because that's the only jokes they seem to know how to write with Spider-Man in these films.

  2. #1682
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All I remember is the "hey guys, do you remember (insert dated movie reference)?" because that's the only jokes they seem to know how to write with Spider-Man in these films.
    He quips but it's not non stop like you would expect from Spidey. I mean the beginning of Homeomcing with the atm robbers was nothing but sarcasm till he screws up and blows a Boedga up. The pop culture references probaly stick out because he uses one in each avenger movie as a set up for some plans of his. Also his quips and sarcasm are more innocent sounding and less snarky then spidey would normally be.

  3. #1683
    Spectacular Member Criticalfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Michigan, US
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Things still bugging me after my rewatch:
    1. Could Tony Stark have lived through using the Infinity Stones to defeat Thanos if he used them individually, instead of Snapping them all at once?
    2. Why can't he heal the damage to his own body, using the Stones?

  4. #1684
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Things still bugging me after my rewatch:
    1. Could Tony Stark have lived through using the Infinity Stones to defeat Thanos if he used them individually, instead of Snapping them all at once?
    2. Why can't he heal the damage to his own body, using the Stones?
    Healing himself would require a level of awareness and physical strength he did not seem to have. He could barely focus enough to look at Pepper when she was directing him.

  5. #1685
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Healing himself would require a level of awareness and physical strength he did not seem to have. He could barely focus enough to look at Pepper when she was directing him.
    If it hurts too much to speak, it probably hurts too much to think, too.

  6. #1686
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Things still bugging me after my rewatch:
    1. Could Tony Stark have lived through using the Infinity Stones to defeat Thanos if he used them individually, instead of Snapping them all at once?
    2. Why can't he heal the damage to his own body, using the Stones?
    The stones, in the movies, aren't the elegant plot devises that they are in the comics. Their powers are crude, and have to be focused through devises to allow them to be used to full effect. I think any healing would have been impossible with the damage done, especially given the fact that the damage was done by the stones themselves.

  7. #1687
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Healing himself would require a level of awareness and physical strength he did not seem to have. He could barely focus enough to look at Pepper when she was directing him.
    And really, do we want a person who is barely conscious using the nigh-infinite power of the stones to reshape reality? What could possibly go wrong?

  8. #1688
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Ya know, have they explained why Tony and Cap didn't just try to lift some Pym particles in 2012? I know they still needed the cube, but you'd think they could have availed themselves to Pym particles they knew to be around and then try again.

  9. #1689
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ya know, have they explained why Tony and Cap didn't just try to lift some Pym particles in 2012? I know they still needed the cube, but you'd think they could have availed themselves to Pym particles they knew to be around and then try again.
    In 2012 where were the Pym Particles? Maybe on the other side of the country in San Fransico(That's where Hank and Scott lived right?). Hank had a stash sure but his company didnt have acess to it. So they woulda had to fly to San fransico and break into his house. and then jump again back to another time to get the cube.

  10. #1690
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    In 2012 where were the Pym Particles? Maybe on the other side of the country in San Fransico(That's where Hank and Scott lived right?). Hank had a stash sure but his company didnt have acess to it. So they woulda had to fly to San fransico and break into his house. and then jump again back to another time to get the cube.
    Yeah, they had to go to a time and place where they knew the particles would be, if for no other reason than to minimize the possibility they would interfere in history (remember, there are no "alternate timelines" in this film). They can't just stumble around hoping to find something.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  11. #1691
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,593

    Default

    IMO, the MCU blew it with Spider-Man. They don't get that he quips because the mask is what licenses polite, meek Parker to give voice to his frustration with bullies and thugs. He's living out what all of us would really like to say to that ***-hole in a Hummer that cuts us off in traffic.

    Problem was, the MCU had already set Iron Man up to own the clever quip thing. All that left Spider-Man was the movie references.

  12. #1692
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Yeah, they had to go to a time and place where they knew the particles would be, if for no other reason than to minimize the possibility they would interfere in history (remember, there are no "alternate timelines" in this film). They can't just stumble around hoping to find something.
    Dont agree with the Theres no alternate time lines. They changed a shit ton of stuff. We will have to wait for future movies to clarify. But people are putting way too much stock in 30seconds of dialogue from TAO. When fans seem to be split down the middle on what she means. Changing the past and then just pretending it doesnt matter because Magical stones is lazy. I think we will have to wait till Lokis show to find out for sure. Hes supposedly going through history wreaking havoc. But the Space stone doesn't time travel so people seem to think he finds a way to use it to visit alternate time lines. But who knows time will tell.

  13. #1693
    Astonishing Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Dont agree with the Theres no alternate time lines. They changed a shit ton of stuff. We will have to wait for future movies to clarify. But people are putting way too much stock in 30seconds of dialogue from TAO. When fans seem to be split down the middle on what she means. Changing the past and then just pretending it doesnt matter because Magical stones is lazy. I think we will have to wait till Lokis show to find out for sure. Hes supposedly going through history wreaking havoc. But the Space stone doesn't time travel so people seem to think he finds a way to use it to visit alternate time lines. But who knows time will tell.
    "No alternate timelines" was the fundamental basis of the story. If future shows change that, it's a retcon.
    Why yes, I AM a Mark Goodson/Bill Toddman production.

  14. #1694
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    IMO, the MCU blew it with Spider-Man. They don't get that he quips because the mask is what licenses polite, meek Parker to give voice to his frustration with bullies and thugs. He's living out what all of us would really like to say to that ***-hole in a Hummer that cuts us off in traffic.

    Problem was, the MCU had already set Iron Man up to own the clever quip thing. All that left Spider-Man was the movie references.
    He quips more then he makes movie references. The movie references are just a part of important scenes and used to Express his plan. Its. Ot the movie references that are getting in the way. It's the awww shucks star struck personality young Peter has. But Homecoming he quips and jokes with the bank robbers untill they blow up a building and then he gets down on himself and tries to be more responsible. I feel like hes coming into his own and the more confident the chatacter gets in the MCU the more sarcastic he will get

  15. #1695
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    "No alternate timelines" was the fundamental basis of the story. If future shows change that, it's a retcon.
    Yea you say that but alot of people dont agree. Including the directors. So yea you can keep saying it but you dont know anything more then any of us. You just interpreted what the TAO was saying in a different way then alot of people. But yea this argument has been done 1000x on here so let's move on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •