Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1811
  1. #1726
    Scarlet and Proud! Star_Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The final battle with Thanos, is it me or was the film making approach reminisce of The Long Night from Game of Thrones? The screen was too dull-dark and blurry. Both the Russos and D&D should have taken a few tips from The Lord of The Rings: The Two towers when it comes to big epic battles that takes place during the night.
    The Endgame battle didn’t happen at night.

    And comparing the lighting in Endgame to that of The Long Night is a hilariously bad attempt.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 08-20-2019 at 05:34 AM.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

  2. #1727
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,366

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...#leave-comment

    So, reading the article the Russos say Strange lived through all 14 million scenarios, but it can't be the same as the end of the "Dr Strange" movie where he literally reset time, because that was actually happening - it was real life. Strange's visions had to have just been visions even if he was living them in real time, or else why bother going back to the past after they succeeded just to tell Stark they succeeded only one time? Wouldn't he have just NOT reset things then and let time go on from there after they had won?

  3. #1728
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    I kind of felt bad for characters like Mantis who only show up for the team shot and then never got any screentime during the big fight; even in passing =p
    1) She was prominent in Infinity War.

    2) Mantis was shown solo and fighting with other Guardians during the battle prior to the A-Force team shot.

    Howard the Duck got to lead a charge of Ravagers!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  4. #1729
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    I kind of felt bad for characters like Mantis who only show up for the team shot and then never got any screentime during the big fight; even in passing =p
    There's only so much that can be done, even with 3+ hours of footage. I wish M'Baku walked through the portal with the rest of the Wakandan contingent, even though we see him running side by side with the main Avengers in Endgame.

    With that said, my only real gripe about the final battle was that there were "one-shot" fight scenes, but almost all fight scenes were to serve the plot. Normally that's fine, but Civil War and the first Avengers' fight scenes were long because a sizeable chunk of them were simply just to show off more action. There wasn't much of a point in seeing Hawkeye vs. Black Panther, for example, but that was just plain fun nonetheless. Endgame's final battle had some of those types of scenes, but it really needed more -- Okoye killed Corvus Glaive, but she did it with a blink-and-you'll-miss direction. An extended fight scene between the two would've done wonders. More scenes of characters who otherwise had nothing to do with each other would've been neat and in the right direction.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-20-2019 at 10:38 AM.

  5. #1730
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,505

    Default

    I think the big three should have had a scene fighting alongside 'their guys'. Cap, Bucky and Falcon, Tony, Rhodes and Pepper, Thor, Val and Korg, maybe?

  6. #1731
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...#leave-comment

    So, reading the article the Russos say Strange lived through all 14 million scenarios, but it can't be the same as the end of the "Dr Strange" movie where he literally reset time, because that was actually happening - it was real life. Strange's visions had to have just been visions even if he was living them in real time, or else why bother going back to the past after they succeeded just to tell Stark they succeeded only one time? Wouldn't he have just NOT reset things then and let time go on from there after they had won?
    Cause there was a bunch of possible ways it could go. Without him there to give Thanos the stone and then to hold back the water that one timeline wouldnt have happened. Also I think him giving Tony the Finger saying 1 it confirmed for Tony he was about to do the right thing sacraficing himself. So Strange needed to be there otherwise that time line never woulda happened or would begin to be a alternate timeline.

    In Dr Stranges movie Mordo clearly states any Manipulation of time can cause Branching timelines and dimensional openings. Dr Strange just leaving and staying in the future I think would be an issue. Also Mordo doesnt say nothing about needing to take a stone to another time to create a branch. He says any Time manipulation can cause branching in the timeline. Thought the dimensional opening part was what was important to that movie.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-20-2019 at 01:28 PM.

  7. #1732
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think the big three should have had a scene fighting alongside 'their guys'. Cap, Bucky and Falcon, Tony, Rhodes and Pepper, Thor, Val and Korg, maybe?
    That woulda been cool but the movie was already 3hours. I wish we woulda got more BP and Cap fighting together like we did In Infinty war.

  8. #1733
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Cause there was a bunch of possible ways it could go. Without him there to give Thanos the stone and then to hold back the water that one timeline wouldnt have happened. Also I think him giving Tony the Finger saying 1 it confirmed for Tony he was about to do the right thing sacraficing himself. So Strange needed to be there otherwise that time line never woulda happened or would begin to be a alternate timeline.

    In Dr Stranges movie Mordo clearly states any Manipulation of time can cause Branching timelines and dimensional openings. Dr Strange just leaving and staying in the future I think would be an issue. Also Mordo doesnt say nothing about needing to take a stone to another time to create a branch. He says any Time manipulation can cause branching in the timeline. Thought the dimensional opening part was what was important to that movie.
    I think the words, "If you're not careful ..." were said, too. I will have to rewatch.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  9. #1734
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    2) Mantis was shown solo and fighting with other Guardians during the battle prior to the A-Force team shot.
    Hmm...now I have to go look for her.

  10. #1735
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    Hmm...now I have to go look for her.
    Well, it wasn't like Cap/Thor/Iron Man, it was very much a blink and you miss it.

    And I think that was your original point on a deeper read, you wanted to see more of her in Endgame.

    Somebody said Mantis has more fight scenes than Brunnhilde did in the final battle (not her pre-battle scenes, just on the field) but they weren't showy. I remember them as running around, putting somebody to sleep, and a kick to the face.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  11. #1736
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    191

    Default

    I thought Valkryie had a lot of screentime in the final fight. But yeah, I just didn't notice Mantis except during the beginning and at the A-team team-up shot; I mean I saw Shuri at least twice on the field (once at the start and then once when she, Wasp, and Pepper blasted Thanos out of Carol's way).

    On a separate note, who were the spaceships coming out of the portals? Xandar?
    Last edited by anon_me; 08-20-2019 at 02:46 PM.

  12. #1737
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    9,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    I thought Valkryie had a lot of screentime in the final fight. But yeah, I just didn't notice Mantis except during the beginning and at the A-team team-up shot; I mean I saw Shuri at least twice on the field (once at the start and then once when she, Wasp, and Pepper blasted Thanos out of Carol's way).

    On a separate note, who were the spaceships coming out of the portals? Xandar?
    Ravagers and Wakanda.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #1738
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Endgame's final battle had some of those types of scenes, but it really needed more -- Okoye killed Corvus Glaive, but she did it with a blink-and-you'll-miss direction. An extended fight scene between the two would've done wonders.
    OMG. So, she did. I was just re-watching the battle scene and I've always seen her skewer him but I always just thought it was some cannon fodder, not an actual named character.

  14. #1739
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,847

    Default

    [QUOTE=WebLurker;4519574]Have to say that they really seemed in line with the old Lee-written comics (which where Raimi's biggest influence).[
    Don't honestly see that.
    I guess it just comes off that way to me because Holland's Peter, aside from a few moments in Homecoming, doesn't really act any differently when he's in the Spider-Man suit.

    Garfield had the opposite problem.
    Course, Hemsworth does play joke farm Thor a lot better then he did the earlier take.
    I thought Hemsworth did a fine job playing the older version of Thor, even if he didn't seem to enjoy it as much.

    But I guess it's just what they say...you start out playing Thor, only to live long enough to basically play Hercules .
    Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    I kind of felt bad for characters like Mantis who only show up for the team shot and then never got any screentime during the big fight; even in passing =p
    I felt bad that Rocket didn't even remember her name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    There's only so much that can be done, even with 3+ hours of footage. I wish M'Baku walked through the portal with the rest of the Wakandan contingent, even though we see him running side by side with the main Avengers in Endgame.

    With that said, my only real gripe about the final battle was that there were "one-shot" fight scenes, but almost all fight scenes were to serve the plot. Normally that's fine, but Civil War and the first Avengers' fight scenes were long because a sizeable chunk of them were simply just to show off more action. There wasn't much of a point in seeing Hawkeye vs. Black Panther, for example, but that was just plain fun nonetheless. Endgame's final battle had some of those types of scenes, but it really needed more -- Okoye killed Corvus Glaive, but she did it with a blink-and-you'll-miss direction. An extended fight scene between the two would've done wonders. More scenes of characters who otherwise had nothing to do with each other would've been neat and in the right direction.
    This was kind of my problem with it too.

    Like, there were so many heroes in that fight so that, while epic, it was really hard to tell what some of them were doing or contributing most of the time.

  15. #1740
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think the words, "If you're not careful ..." were said, too. I will have to rewatch.
    Maybe havent watched that movie in awhile. Just know he said Manipulating time would lead to branching realities and dimensional openings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •