Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1811
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Your quote and article talk about the Quantum suits and other costumes, not the final battle.

I'll take misrepresenting quotes for $1,000, Alex.

And for having a distaste for movies that rely heavily on CGI, you sure do prop of Avatar a helluva lot.
    Seriously. No one ever watched Sam Worthington for his acting ability

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I found the final battle bland because of the poor visuals but also because it was the 4th time Avengers have done the exact same thing with a plot that is the most generic trope of superhero story telling. Endgame should have just copied days of future past, the time machine or the terminator than have another big cgi alien take over the world battle their heroes can easily fight and defeat.

there was no climax in the film once the avengers assembled. things were more fun than intense, this is what separate endgame from most great time travel stories.
    That's true though for many action movies where the emotional climax or highest point is getting to that battle - the rest becomes perfunctory for the most part. The climax of "Rocky" is him a the top of the stairs before the fight, not the actual fight, etc... (that's why a lot of people don't remember him losing) By that point, it wasn't really a "time travel story" It was a super-hero movie with a "time heist" in the middle of it, that set up the Big Fight. I'm not disputing how it lacked a certain urgency and drama, because yeah - we expect them to win but they threw in enough stuff into that final battle to make it fun for me. And there was a whole lesser Big Fight leading up to "Avengers Assemble" that was pretty great, imo that did some of that urgency.

I found the final battle bland because of the poor visuals but also because it was the 4th time Avengers have done the exact same thing with a plot that is the most generic trope of superhero story telling. Endgame should have just copied days of future past, the time machine or the terminator than have another big cgi alien take over the world battle their heroes can easily fight and defeat.

there was no climax in the film once the avengers assembled. things were more fun than intense, this is what separate endgame from most great time travel stories.
    3c4t1k.jpg

10char
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    3c4t1k.jpg

10char
    Final main act of a film that does intensity over fun and time still plays a huge role in the act.

Endgame could have just done this than gone for the cliches already done in avengers 1. the blame goes to disney though for holding marvel story telling back and just reusing their big alien cgi battle formula.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 10-01-2019 at 11:17 PM.

BANNED

Looking at your posts, you seem like the sort of person who likes to complain about Marvel for the sake of complaining about Marvel.
    So I find it hard to take any of these "criticisms" of yours seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Looking at your posts, you seem like the sort of person who likes to complain about Marvel for the sake of complaining about Marvel.
    So I find it hard to take any of these "criticisms" of yours seriously.
    my complaints comes from what I know about the comics. you don't have to take me seriously, I take the comic seriously. the movie is derivative to the comics when they don't have to be.
    I used the time machine as example of how you can show intensity in a time travel tale, something the comics does a lot and the movie didn't do when it mattered most. Part of the reason the final battle played out too easy. I even think loki gave them a tougher time in avengers 1. its about the endgame screen writing, its not about me though.

my complaints comes from what I know about the comics. you don't have to take me seriously, I take the comic seriously. the movie is derivative to the comics when they don't have to be.
    I used the time machine as example of how you can show intensity in a time travel tale, something the comics does a lot and the movie didn't do when it mattered most. Part of the reason the final battle played out too easy. I even think loki gave them a tougher time in avengers 1. its about the endgame screen writing, its not about me though.
    The film made nearly 2.8 billion worldwide.

Has a RT score of 94%, Metacritic score of 78%, and Cinemascore of a A+.

When the film came out the Hashtag Thank You Avengers was trending.

When most of the world agrees something is good maybe it is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Eh...when most of the world agrees something is good, it probably is. Of course, it's okay for one to not like that something, but to drone on and on and on and on and on (by way of hijacking threads, creating countless other threads, avoiding account bans, etc.) about it is rather annoying.

Like...okay dude, you don't like it. I do. Where do you want us to go from there?
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 10-02-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Final main act of a film that does intensity over fun and time still plays a huge role in the act.

Endgame could have just done this than gone for the cliches already done in avengers 1. the blame goes to disney though for holding marvel story telling back and just reusing their big alien cgi battle formula.
    So, the movie is bad because it didn't tell the story you wanted? That's not how the Force works.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Eh...when most of the world agrees something is good, it probably is. Of course, it's okay for one to not like that something, but to drone on and on and on and on and on (by way of hijacking threads, creating countless other threads, avoiding account bans, etc.) about it is rather annoying.

Like...okay dude, you don't like it. I do. Where do you want us to go from there?
    My current theory is that he either wants capitulation or just wants to be able to vent.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So, the movie is bad because it didn't tell the story you wanted? That's not how the Force works.

My current theory is that he either wants capitulation or just wants to be able to vent.
    I never said the movie was bad, its a good disney movie, I said it is obvious the movie could have been better than it was if they have pushed the story and visual style a lot more than using the MCU Disney comfort zone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The film made nearly 2.8 billion worldwide.

Has a RT score of 94%, Metacritic score of 78%, and Cinemascore of a A+.

When the film came out the Hashtag Thank You Avengers was trending.

This is meaningless. it doesn't say anything about the artistry of the movie. its just disney doing a thick box check about another MCU movie like they always do. you quoted box office figures and the failed rt system, you said nothing about the writing or visual style of the film. I did.

the time machine I used as a more impressive take on time travel tale and less generic story telling has a 77% on rt, so what's your point? don't forget joker will likely get a best picture nomination with a lower rt score than captain marvel. Use RT for people that actually care about it.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 10-02-2019 at 11:06 PM.

I never said the movie was bad, its a good disney movie, could have been a better marvel film. I said it is obvious the movie could have been better than it was if they have pushed the story and visual style a lot more than using the mcu disney comfort zone again.
    Oh, boy. What's even the point?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I never said the movie was bad, its a good disney movie, I said it is obvious the movie could have been better than it was if they have pushed the story and visual style a lot more than using the MCU Disney comfort zone again.

This is meaningless. it doesn't say anything about the artistry of the movie. its just disney doing a thick box check about another MCU movie like they always do. you quoted box office figures and the failed rt system, you said nothing about the writing or visual style of the film. I did.

the time machine I used as a more impressive take on time travel tale and less generic story telling has a 77% on rt, so what's your point? don't forget joker will likely get a best picture nomination with a lower rt score than captain marvel. Use RT for people that actually care about it.
    Everything you said is your subjective opinion. Everything he posted is atleats statistics that together paints a picture of the overall reception of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Everything you said is your subjective opinion. Everything he posted is atleats statistics that together paints a picture of the overall reception of the movie.
    Except when people want to discuss the actual quality of a film, they don't start with how much the movie made or the RT score. they look at the screenplay, characters, visual, writing and film making style impact. I have never seen any young upcoming director or aspiring film writer talk about how much he was influenced by a movie because of the rt or box office statistics. its not a measurement for the best quality of a film. reception of a film because they have good time watching a pop corn flick is not the same as serious film critique.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 10-02-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Except when people want to discuss the actual quality of a film, they don't start with how much the movie made or the RT score. they look at the screenplay, characters, visual, writing and film making style impact. I have never seen any young upcoming director or aspiring film writer talk about how much he was influenced by a movie because of the rt or box office statistics. its not a measurement for the best quality of a film. reception of a film because they have good time watching a pop corn flick is not the same as serious film critique.
    Sure but everyone here has already been down this road with you and it goes nowhere.

its not a measurement for the best quality of a film. reception of a film because they have good time watching a pop corn flick is not the same as serious film critique.
    It was never meant to be La Strada, it was meant to be a great popcorn flick and the culmination of one of the best and most popular series in cinema history. It was both. And yes, when the vast majority of professional film critics say it was good, that does have meaning.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!