Page 13 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    2. As others have asked, did all of Parker's school die in the Snap? That's potentially quite a large hole to fill somehow!
    Peter's school were all dusted and restored by the second snap, and they're all the same age. Peter reunites with Ned when he goes back to class.

Captain Marvel in the film is essentially muscle. She wouldn't bet that useful in the time heist deal. Or rather, not required. I was okay with her limited scenes. With how powerful she is, I'm curious moving forward what would even pose a challenge to her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Ultimately, though, my biggest issue is that I just feel like a leper or some carnival attraction for clearing having a strong dislike (date I say, hatred) of the MCU due to not liking the films after watching some of them. And it's pretty lonely.
    I've always felt that the MCU was overrated. Iron Man was great for 2 thirds and then botched the third act, none of the Thor movies hit the mark, and even the best of the others were mostly good popcorn flicks and nothing more. Endgame is the first movie in the series to feel like more than just a vehicle for explosions and funny one-liners.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Really?? I cant watch any of that old stuff anymore...except Batman 66 because i see it as a kids movie/series...
    I watch some of them because they're awful and I get more entertainment out of them (the old Captain America gets better if you watch the Nostalgia Critic's review of it), but some of the older stuff are just generally better executed. Bill Bixby's Hulk in particular remains the definitive take on the character for me...and the 90s TV Movies with Thor and Daredevil are solid amounts of cheese.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Another thing... I was kind of hoping we'd get the classic Thanos petrification thing, but instead he just got dusted. That was a bit of a letdown, but still a minor one. I give Endgame a solid 9.8 of 10. I don't think there's ever been a better superhero movie and... sadly... I don't think there ever will be in my lifetime. I've never watched a movie that's had this varied an emotional response. There's never been a movie that's made me laugh so hard and cry so hard for as many reasons, almost at the same time.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You think the "only female Avenger" means something anymore with Captain Marvel, Okoye, Shuri, Valkyrie, Wasp, Mantis, Gamora and the mention Scarlet Witch around and plenty more on the way.

It changed "A" timeline,Not "THE" timeline they are in.The timeline they are in had stuff happen.Replace Timeline with word "Alternate reality" to kinda make more simple (or difficult) .Big time travel stories always suck on some level it is not worth hurting your head to figure out the fine details.
    The details are what makes or breaks a movie for me.

Especially after the spoilers:
    Ancient One makes such a big deal out of protecting the integrity of the timeline.
    end of spoilers
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Captain Marvel in the film is essentially muscle. She wouldn't bet that useful in the time heist deal. Or rather, not required. I was okay with her limited scenes. With how powerful she is, I'm curious moving forward what would even pose a challenge to her.
    That was my thought as well. The way they showed her in this movie, she’s more powerful than every other Avenger combined.

Makes you wonder what the hell she was supposed to have been doing while Thanos was rampaging across star systems?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I went to see this last night at the first UK screening. I was so hyped, it was untrue! By the time I left the cinema at 3am, I felt that Infinity War was a better overall film. And I had questions...

1. 2014's Gamora. Is she still present in 2023? Is that who Quill was searching for on board the Benatar, or was he trying to find "his" Gamora?

2. As others have asked, did all of Parker's school die in the Snap? That's potentially quite a large hole to fill somehow!

3. How did Barton get the Soul Stone? He had to lose the thing he loved the most, but that should've been his family rather than Natasha, surely? And he'd already lost them. So did he have to sacrifice the thing he loved the most at that moment?

4. I get how Steve was worthy to lift Mjolnir, but how did he get it to produce lightning? I thought Thor channelled his lightning through the hammer, not vice versa?

Karen Gillan made this movie for me and it was great to see Nebula play such a large role in a movie that isn't really about her.

Fat Thor... if this is Hemsworth's last outing in the MCU, it's quite a sad end in my opinion. I hope he either plays a part in GOTG3 or gets another standalone movie.

It was nice to see Pepper as Rescue, especially as Paltrow says she's done with the MCU now. And I couldn't believe they got Natalie Portman back to film some scenes!!

I enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed Infinity War more. I'll go and see it again and see what I make of it a second time around.
    Regarding the lightning, the deal is whosoever blah blah blah shall possess the POWER of Thor.

Which essentially got nerfed quite a bit in this outing. I mean in Infinity War he takes down Thanos while the Titsn has the full power of the Gauntlet, but here he can’t even handle a weaker 2014 Thanos.

I wonder how many female audience members are going to feel ripped off with fat Thor. LOL.

Bless that Super-Soldier Formula Steve looked Fantastic for about 122 or so, just going by years lived not frozen since his internal clock probably stopped then.

He was born in 1918 got frozen in 1945: So 26 or 27 depending on the month frozen.
    Woke up in 2011 and lived in the "Present" till 2023 so add 12 years.
    Then reunited with Peggy about 1950 or so, so another 73 years till he saw Bucky and Sam at the end of Endgame.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You think the "only female Avenger" means something anymore with Captain Marvel, Okoye, Shuri, Valkyrie, Wasp, Mantis, Gamora and the mention Scarlet Witch around and plenty more on the way.

It changed "A" timeline,Not "THE" timeline they are in.The timeline they are in had stuff happen.Replace Timeline with word "Alternate reality" to kinda make more simple (or difficult) .Big time travel stories always suck on some level it is not worth hurting your head to figure out the fine details.
    With all due respect, none of those female characters were Avengers.
    Hopefully Wasp will be, but I don't know about the others. Unfortunately I can't stand Tessa Thompson since reading an interview with her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Bless that Super-Soldier Formula Steve looked Fantastic for about 122 or so, just going by years lived not frozen since his internal clock probably stopped then.

He was born in 1918 got frozen in 1945: So 26 or 27 depending on the month frozen.
    Woke up in 2011 and lived in the "Present" till 2023 so add 12 years.
    Then reunited with Peggy about 1950 or so, so another 73 years till he saw Bucky and Sam at the end of Endgame.
    I'm actually torn about Steve's fate. Part of me is glad he got the happy ending, but it cancels out the Cap trilogy, which I've always thought the best of the Marvel movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter's school were all dusted and restored by the second snap, and they're all the same age. Peter reunites with Ned when he goes back to class.
    But if it’s five years later, i’m Sure there Are reenrollment issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Ultimately, though, my biggest issue is that I just feel like a leper or some carnival attraction for clearing having a strong dislike (date I say, hatred) of the MCU due to not liking the films after watching some of them since the way the movies flow and are designed don't behave with my general movie preferences.
    You could always find a forum that has the same general opinion as you, if you want to discuss the MCU with only people who agree with you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    You could always find a forum that has the same general opinion as you, if you want to discuss the MCU with only people who agree with you.
    Nobody should be told to go somewhere else if they don't conform to an echo chamber

If Nebula killed her younger self then she shouldn't still be alive.

Also, if the soul stone death is permanent then how come the younger version of Gamora is back. Also, if Gamora was brought back then surely Black Widow could be too. It sucks that the Black Widow movie is just gonna be a prequel now that she is dead.

How can Thanos die twice in the same film? It just doesn't make sense.

Also, where was the older Cap all this time?

Peggy was left waiting for the dance but now the dance happened anyway...

What I really liked about the movie is that it dead feel like a comic book story and a lot of the scenes reminded me of comic book panels.

Hippy Thor was funny.

I liked that a lot of the characters got to have important with the people who have died so they got some closure around their loss, like when Thor spoke to his Mum, or Tony speaking to his Dad.

I loved the final battle when all the heros were there. It was cool seeing everybody altogether and I love that Pepper was a hero in the film at the end, that was awesome.

I'm curious about what happened to the past version of Loki though that disappeared with the infinity stone.

I liked New Asgard and it is cool that Valkyrie is now in charge of it.

It was awesome Korg was back too.

What has happened to Sif though? I don't remember seeing her in the final battle, although there were lots of heros so I may have missed here.

I definitely want to see the movie again but all of this has been on my mind haha