Page 17 of 121 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Just saw the movie tonight! Absolutely amazing conclusion to the infinity saga in the MCU. There is so much to unpack here. But I am excited for the future of the MCU.

One thing I didn’t get. Where was the Gamora from the other timeline after the final battle? We see all the other all the other guardians with Thor on the ship but she isn’t there. I was like she didn’t get killed off screen or did she go back to her original timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Him the guardians and Thor went looking for Gamora
    I didn’t get that. She just bailed after the final battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Eireannx View Post
    As I understand it, the Sorcerer’s issue was that taking our timestone screws up our timeline. Because she can see its future and destiny, and it involves the stone. Which is why you have you must return it or her timeline is screwed.

In a model where there is only one continuous timeline then killing young Thanos or preventing the snap becomes a definite option. Which is what Cap being able to live his life out in this tineline implies.

Great now that is going to bug me too... unless Thanos advanced tech allowed him to replicate the pym particles offscreen.
    I also was wondering about too

Sorry to post so much ( again lots to unpack with this movie). One missed opportunity with Tony’s funeral was to have Coulson show up. The avengers all still think he is dead by the way, so it would have been nice to kinda wrap up that thread. Also, they really should have gave us some closure to the Hulk film threads such as Leader still being somewhere in the MCU as well as Abomination.

Now that they've aged up Cassie, I wonder if we'll see Stature in the next Ant-Man movie. That coupled with Hawkeye's daughter, I also wonder if they'll try a Young Avengers. Maybe a new Vision out of that TV show they're doing, the kid from Iron Man 3 being Iron Lad...

Since this is a spoiler thread, I ain't using tags.

So they pretty much had Captain Marvel destroy the Kree ships in her movie just to set up her doing the same thing to Thano's ship here.

I do wonder where the scene with the pager from the end of Captain Marvel would have fit in in this movie. There was no real place for it, unless Carol left the ship floating in space and came down to the Avenger's compound first to find Fury, and then she'd go back up and bring the ship down...

Professor Hulk was the thing my theater loved the most. He was a joy.

It's nice that Scott got such a pivotal role. It was also nice to see the original Ant-Man helmet in the past.

Jarvis! Kind of wish he'd been played by Paul Bettany, but considering we did see him without the makeup in the last movie, that probably would have been confusing.

A lot of excitement in my theater when Cap got in the elevator with the Hydra agents, and a lot of cheering when he said 'Hail Hydra'.

So... Loki escapes. Does that stick? Does that mean there is a Loki running around out there now?

I'm still not entirely sure they got Natalie Portman back for 30 seconds. It may have been unused or altered footage from The Dark World.

So nice to see Friga back. Wonder scene between her and Thor.

Can't believe they killed Nat. Seriously- she has a movie in development. I don't know how well it will do if it's a prequel, knowing how she dies.

I was surprised how much Nebula was in this movie, and that is a good thing.

Tony calling Fat Thor 'Lebowski' got a nice laugh.

As for the final battle- when Cap started wielding Mjolnir (however you spell it), the crowd erupted.

Thanos was an absolute beast.

Avengers... Assemble was iconic. I'm still blown away at how many characters were on the field. I'll need home viewing and a pause button to find everyone.

Bucky was terribly underused, in both movies.

I'll say it- all of the ladies teaming up felt kinda..meh. Like they were obligated to have that scene to make up for the fact that every other Marvel movie has been headlined by a man (asides Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain America- The Winter Soldier, where both had a strong male and female lead).

That said, I loved Rescue. I loved Valkryie taking down the space whale with her sword. I loved Scarlet Witch absolutely decimating Thanos.

"I am inevitable." "And I...am... Iron Man." SNAP.

I have to wonder- with the original plan to send the stones back to their points of origin, how many people would have died if Tony hadn't snapped Thanos and his forces away?

I legit cried when Tony died, especially when Pepper told him he could rest now.

I know a lot of people have a problem with how things ended for Cap and Tony, but I think they're perfect endings. Cap's whole life was about service, about doing his part for his country. And he has. He more than earned a rest (and I'm pretty sure he told Bucky before he did it).

For Tony, it's been shown time and time again that he'd never stop being Iron Man, even when it would be best for him. And while it sucks he leaves a wife and daughter behind, he also manages to save his friends, Peter, and pretty much the entire universe. He died a heroes death. Also, while I'm sure that at this point RDJ is done with the MCU, I could see him coming back in the future as the voice for a new AI.

When Cap took the Soul Stone back to Vormir, did he give it to the Red Skull?

Well since it’s confirmed that Loki will have a show on the Disney plus streaming service, Endgame just showed us how that was possible with him taking the space stone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Now that they've aged up Cassie, I wonder if we'll see Stature in the next Ant-Man movie. That coupled with Hawkeye's daughter, I also wonder if they'll try a Young Avengers. Maybe a new Vision out of that TV show they're doing, the kid from Iron Man 3 being Iron Lad...

Since this is a spoiler thread, I ain't using tags.

So they pretty much had Captain Marvel destroy the Kree ships in her movie just to set up her doing the same thing to Thano's ship here.

I do wonder where the scene with the pager from the end of Captain Marvel would have fit in in this movie. There was no real place for it, unless Carol left the ship floating in space and came down to the Avenger's compound first to find Fury, and then she'd go back up and bring the ship down...

Professor Hulk was the thing my theater loved the most. He was a joy.

It's nice that Scott got such a pivotal role. It was also nice to see the original Ant-Man helmet in the past.

Jarvis! Kind of wish he'd been played by Paul Bettany, but considering we did see him without the makeup in the last movie, that probably would have been confusing.

A lot of excitement in my theater when Cap got in the elevator with the Hydra agents, and a lot of cheering when he said 'Hail Hydra'.

So... Loki escapes. Does that stick? Does that mean there is a Loki running around out there now?

I'm still not entirely sure they got Natalie Portman back for 30 seconds. It may have been unused or altered footage from The Dark World.

So nice to see Friga back. Wonder scene between her and Thor.

Can't believe they killed Nat. Seriously- she has a movie in development. I don't know how well it will do if it's a prequel, knowing how she dies.

I was surprised how much Nebula was in this movie, and that is a good thing.

Tony calling Fat Thor 'Lebowski' got a nice laugh.

As for the final battle- when Cap started wielding Mjolnir (however you spell it), the crowd erupted.

Thanos was an absolute beast.

Avengers... Assemble was iconic. I'm still blown away at how many characters were on the field. I'll need home viewing and a pause button to find everyone.

Bucky was terribly underused, in both movies.

I'll say it- all of the ladies teaming up felt kinda..meh. Like they were obligated to have that scene to make up for the fact that every other Marvel movie has been headlined by a man (asides Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain America- The Winter Soldier, where both had a strong male and female lead).

That said, I loved Rescue. I loved Valkryie taking down the space whale with her sword. I loved Scarlet Witch absolutely decimating Thanos.

"I am inevitable." "And I...am... Iron Man." SNAP.

I have to wonder- with the original plan to send the stones back to their points of origin, how many people would have died if Tony hadn't snapped Thanos and his forces away?

I legit cried when Tony died, especially when Pepper told him he could rest now.

I know a lot of people have a problem with how things ended for Cap and Tony, but I think they're perfect endings. Cap's whole life was about service, about doing his part for his country. And he has. He more than earned a rest (and I'm pretty sure he told Bucky before he did it).

For Tony, it's been shown time and time again that he'd never stop being Iron Man, even when it would be best for him. And while it sucks he leaves a wife and daughter behind, he also manages to save his friends, Peter, and pretty much the entire universe. He died a heroes death. Also, while I'm sure that at this point RDJ is done with the MCU, I could see him coming back in the future as the voice for a new AI.
    I hate how underused Bucky has been. They really need to get a move on with his redemption story. I also don't think movie Falcon has earned the right to assume Caps mantle. The comics version, on the other hand, did.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Sorry to post so much ( again lots to unpack with this movie). One missed opportunity with Tony’s funeral was to have Coulson show up. The avengers all still think he is dead by the way, so it would have been nice to kinda wrap up that thread. Also, they really should have gave us some closure to the Hulk film threads such as Leader still being somewhere in the MCU as well as Abomination.
    But he is dead now, for real, supposedly, and all the avengers that would care are either dead, or off earth. Kind of a cop out, but i’m having a lot of mixed emotions about coulson these days.

Is the “Vision & Scarlet Witch” show a red herring? Is it a “Hawkeye & Scarlet Witch” show?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so basically, MCU time travel seems to work like 616 time travel. makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Is the “Vision & Scarlet Witch” show a red herring? Is it a “Hawkeye & Scarlet Witch” show?
    That's what I'm wondering, given Falcon's new status as well.

I still think the Falcon + Bucky show should be titled AIR WOLF.

As for the Black Widow movie, I’m cool with a prequel. I watched the Jennifer Lawrence “Red Sparrow” movie and forced my brain to see Scarlet instead of JLaw and Renner instead of Edgerton. If Marvel wants to redo that movie as a PG-13 Y2K prequel, I’m here for it.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 04-25-2019 at 10:23 PM.

I loved Thor is this movie.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Amazing Member

Really enjoyed it. A few parts I didn’t like but overall solid movie. Had the unfortunate experience of sitting behind someone who screamed every few seconds even after being told to be quiet by multiple people. So another viewing is definitely needed.

I will say, my girlfriend, who is not a comic reader, really liked this a lot. She has seen everything outside of the two Ant-Man’s. So I was happy she liked it.